What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (14 Viewers)

If Wentz is even mediocre, there is no QB controversy.  The blame for the way the season went should fall squarely on his shoulders.  Thanks for the 13 game run you had in 2017.  I don't think you'll never be that guy again. 
There was a QB controversy do to him getting hurt and then the team keeping Foles after the SB. The Eagles should've cut bait with Foles after the SB sold him while his stock was high. I get the reasoning for keeping him because of Wentz not being fully healthy to start 2018 but they should've moved on. Had the Eagles not drafted Hurts in the 2nd and say did so late in the 5th or taken him in the 6th or 7th round I don't think the first sign of trouble of Wentz not doing well last year people are screaming for Hurts to be in there. Also the Eagles even told fans the plan was to use Hurts last year anyway which took Playing time from Wentz. People love the back ups in this town for some reason. 

Wentz certainly didn't help stop the problem by playing poorly last year but the year before he just came off a 3K Passing yards and 25+ TD passes and led a team with a bunch of street and practice squad guys to the playoffs. Only to be knocked out of that game by a cheap shot. 

If Wentz is even mediocre, there is no QB controversy.  The blame for the way the season went should fall squarely on his shoulders.  Thanks for the 13 game run you had in 2017.  I don't think you'll never be that guy again. 
If you could watch last season and put the blame solely on him I have no clue what to say to you. It’s purely hate that would make you say something so irrational. 

So basically a 4.6. He’s OJ Howard all over again. 
Way better then Howard though overall. He's essential a WR disguised as a TE. One of the few reasons he switched to TE in college was Florida just wanted to get his talent on the field and lacked Depth at WR. He was the #5 recruits in the nation at WR in his recruiting class. I remember back then My cousin saying that Coaches in Philly area he knew raved how great of a talent he was. Some even saying he was the best WR they've seen play in Philly HS since Marvin Harrison and his hands were just that good as well. 

He’s not going to sign on to be the 5th WR. If they do get him he’ll play until he’s hurt which is fine next year anyway. 
I'm not saying he should be the #5 WR but I don't want him taking playing time from others if he shows he clearly can't be out there a whole game. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
If you could watch last season and put the blame solely on him I have no clue what to say to you. It’s purely hate that would make you say something so irrational. 
I think Wentz is more responsible than anyone else for how he played last season.  He is a veteran player and has to take some responsibility for his performance and his preparation, not just shrug and point fingers at coaches and teammates which seems to be what happened.

The coaching was not brilliant and Taylor, and Pederson's poor management of that situation definitely contributed.  Wentz mechanics and decision making regressed to worse than 2016 levels last year.

It seemed a bit like he checked out after the Hurts pick when you look back on the process.  It was a terrible pick, but his reaction to it is completely on him.  

I don't hate Wentz, but I think the lion's share of responsibility for his decline is on him.

DJackson10 said:
Way better then Howard though overall. He's essential a WR disguised as a TE. One of the few reasons he switched to TE in college was Florida just wanted to get his talent on the field and lacked Depth at WR. He was the #5 recruits in the nation at WR in his recruiting class. I remember back then My cousin saying that Coaches in Philly area he knew raved how great of a talent he was. Some even saying he was the best WR they've seen play in Philly HS since Marvin Harrison and his hands were just that good as well. 
He’s not though. He reads identical to the “most complete TE in the last 10 years”.  You just have the benefit of hindsight with Howard. Pitts is another Big Mike Williams if he’s a WR

DJackson10 said:
I'm not saying he should be the #5 WR but I don't want him taking playing time from others if he shows he clearly can't be out there a whole game. 
I don’t know what Hilton has left but if he can play some he will, the young talent appeared to be there. Now we need someone to show these guys how to be pros 

I think Wentz is more responsible than anyone else for how he played last season.  He is a veteran player and has to take some responsibility for his performance and his preparation, not just shrug and point fingers at coaches and teammates which seems to be what happened.

The coaching was not brilliant and Taylor, and Pederson's poor management of that situation definitely contributed.  Wentz mechanics and decision making regressed to worse than 2016 levels last year.

It seemed a bit like he checked out after the Hurts pick when you look back on the process.  It was a terrible pick, but his reaction to it is completely on him.  

I don't hate Wentz, but I think the lion's share of responsibility for his decline is on him.
It all starts with the coaching and talent in my opinion.  Was Wentz bad? Absolutely. Now which QB’s would have looked good with Doug and this supporting cast? Every QB under Doug got worse and worse as the talent declined. That’s not a coincidence. The failure from the coaching to adapt to a struggling QB is HUGE! Never ran the ball, same game plans over and over and over. Couldn’t evaluate coaches, players and a crap scheme will sink ANY team. I can’t start to blame Wentz before looking at a HC who goes for 2 down 4. Punts out of anger, starts aging and declining players etc. God knows how stupid he sounded behind closed doors. Stupid enough to win a SB and 3 years later get one call to be an OC while his entire staff makes lateral moves or takes lesser positions. All of that is before I get to just how bad the players are. Sorry, you can take Manning or Brady in their primes on last years team and expect the same results and them wanting out. Not a doubt in my mind. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
It's not irrational.  Wentz played no better than Hurts who was a rookie QB with no OTAs, learning a new systems and not getting first team reps.  When Wentz was playing he was slow with his decision making.  He made too many poor reads and when he did make the proper reads, he made poor throws.  He has no one to blame but himself.  

It's not irrational.  Wentz played no better than Hurts who was a rookie QB with no OTAs, learning a new systems and not getting first team reps.  When Wentz was playing he was slow with his decision making.  He made too many poor reads and when he did make the proper reads, he made poor throws.  He has no one to blame but himself.  
Wentz has no one to blame but himself but you have a laundry list of excuses for Hurts?  Hurts had the same conditions as other rookies who started from day 1 right?  Why did they look SO much better than him on poor teams? Why wasn't Hurts so much better than other rookie QB's when he had 12 weeks to learn a system that other rookies didn't? 

I'll answer for you, it's because the system and talent were hardly conducive for success for ANY QB.  The ones here or the best in history.

1. Wrentz played like crap
  2. Doug was arguably the worst coach in football last season and our talent on that side of the ball was not far behind.
Both of these can be true at the same time.  Only difference is one (#2) directly influences the position #1 is in every single game.  You try being 1 of 11 and see how good you'd look at anything when the talent is that bad and the one designing your plays is an idiot. One guy can't overcome all of that.

I hate this argument because Hurts was pretty bad as a rookie. Herbert and others as rookies did way better then Hurts dealing with all the same stuff. 

I hate this argument because Hurts was pretty bad as a rookie. Herbert and others as rookies did way better then Hurts dealing with all the same stuff. 
Herbert was a starter day 1, not by design but by emergency due to Taylor’s punctured lung. Hurts wasn’t, and the contract Wentz had dictated that. These are apples to oranges. 

You have to also understand, an offense designed around Wentz is a lot different than an offense built around Hurts. I want see if an offense built around Hurts could work. The offense around Wentz proved to not work. 

Herbert was a starter day 1, not by design but by emergency due to Taylor’s punctured lung. Hurts wasn’t, and the contract Wentz had dictated that. These are apples to oranges. 
You’re furthering our point. Herbert was thrust into a role, way sooner, on a bad team, as a prospect who needed time and did how well?

Yet Hurts had 12 weeks to learn a system. No pressure and was give preparation to be the starter and looked how well?

The argument that Hurts had to endure WW2 scenarios just to play like crap is a dead discussion. Every single QB we had here under Doug flamed out. There’s just one constant and it’s the guy that couldn’t even get an interview for a HC and just one phone call to be an OC. 

You’re furthering our point. Herbert was thrust into a role, way sooner, on a bad team, as a prospect who needed time and did how well?

Yet Hurts had 12 weeks to learn a system. No pressure and was give preparation to be the starter and looked how well?

The argument that Hurts had to endure WW2 scenarios just to play like crap is a dead discussion. Every single QB we had here under Doug flamed out. There’s just one constant and it’s the guy that couldn’t even get an interview for a HC and just one phone call to be an OC. 
Chargers have way more going for their offense then we had last year.    

Herbert definitely looks good though.  Just saying 

From BGN:

2020 OFFSEASON: Jets sign Joe Flacco to 1-year, $1.5M contract

2020 SEASON: Flacco goes 0-4 as a starter, 55.2% completion, 6 TD, 3 INT, 80.8 passer rating, PFF’s 2nd worst graded QB

2021 OFFSEASON: Eagles sign Flacco to 1-year, $3.5M contract worth $7.5M with incentives

😟

From BGN:

2020 SEASON: Flacco goes 0-4 as a starter, 55.2% completion, 6 TD, 3 INT, 80.8 passer rating, PFF’s 2nd worst graded QB

2021 OFFSEASON: Eagles sign Flacco to 1-year, $3.5M contract worth $7.5M with incentives

😟
What a waste of money

Not surprised.    

Fire howie

Chargers have way more going for their offense then we had last year.    

Herbert definitely looks good though.  Just saying 
Ironically the Chargers were coming off of a 5-11 season and were the 6th worst team in the league. The why Herbert looked good, when many thought of him as a developmental type is the coaching and scheme. You can toss a guy in who’s not prepared and scheme him into good situations. They were not a good football team overall but they were coached fairly well on offense. That’s the difference. Same with Burrow as well. 

From BGN:

😟
Keep throwing money at garbage. No reason why you don’t bring back Sudfield for league minimum instead of this garbage who wants nothing to do with mentoring other QB’s. Absolutely ridiculous signing. 

Why flacco though?   Hes been stealing money for years.
I have no idea. He sucks and I’m pretty sure he balked at the idea of mentoring Darnold and others in the past as well. 

Sudfield actually made 2 million last year too. Flacco’s is like 3.5. Unless Howie is just idiotic and failed to learn there’s no shot we take a QB at 6. 

From BGN:

😟
We value the back up position highly. Flacco was coming off surgery last year. I'd still trust him as a starter over Hurts right now. I mean we did pay Nick Foles huge money to back up Wentz and people thought that was crazy at the time 

I have no idea. He sucks and I’m pretty sure he balked at the idea of mentoring Darnold and others in the past as well. 

Sudfield actually made 2 million last year too. Flacco’s is like 3.5. Unless Howie is just idiotic and failed to learn there’s no shot we take a QB at 6. 
I mean we need a qb with exp in the room.   Just cheaper ways to do it then this.  Hes not coming in a game and helping us win, he's not mentoring, and he's not taking the job from hurts or anyone else.   

Idiotic move.

I mean we need a qb with exp in the room.   Just cheaper ways to do it then this.  Hes not coming in a game and helping us win, he's not mentoring, and he's not taking the job from hurts or anyone else.   

Idiotic move.
And I’m wrong again. We did pay Sudfield 3.1 million a year ago. So who tf knows what the plan is at 6 lol

We value the back up position highly. Flacco was coming off surgery last year. I'd still trust him as a starter over Hurts right now. I mean we did pay Nick Foles huge money to back up Wentz and people thought that was crazy at the time 
Not a Hurts guy but I’d rather him over Flacco for sure. 

Not a Hurts guy but I’d rather him over Flacco for sure. 
I don't have much trust in Hurts as all. I saw all I needed in college. I hope I'm wrong but to me he's a QB2. Do I feel Flacco is overrated? Sure yeah I do but I'll take his veteran experience and hold down the fort for the regular season over a guy who shouldn't really be starting. I would've honestly preferred Alex Smith though 

Normally I’d think the Flacco signing points to them not going QB at 6, however, we’ve had no issues paying a 3rd QB 3 million in he past. 
I don't see much sense in paying Flacco above league minimum, but looking at their QB salaries on balance it won't stop them from picking one at #6 if that's what they want to do.

I would have been inclined to take best available veteran who wanted the job for close to minimum before OTAs.  If you end up starting whoever that is by Week 10 or something you don't actually want them to be any good.

I don't see much sense in paying Flacco above league minimum, but looking at their QB salaries on balance it won't stop them from picking one at #6 if that's what they want to do.

I would have been inclined to take best available veteran who wanted the job for close to minimum before OTAs.  If you end up starting whoever that is by Week 10 or something you don't actually want them to be any good.
I will admit I love the Italian theme going on here. Now just cut Jake Elliot and Sign Giorgio Tavecchio as the K. 

“7 of the 12 WRs that went for over 1,100 yards last year were

Between 6' - 6'3"

Between 200 - 215 pounds

That doesn't even include Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, DeVante Parker, Keenan Allen, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, and Courtland Sutton who did it the year prior”

Got get Chase!

Between 6' - 6'3"

Between 200 - 215 pounds

That doesn't even include Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, DeVante Parker, Keenan Allen, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, and Courtland Sutton who did it the year prior”

Got get Chase!
But we need a QB who can throw him the ball in any situation. it's like having a great Indy F1 Car without the best driver for the car. 

So what are we doing for our 3rd QB option?  Bring in Foles!  Nothing like the young kid having 2 Super Bowl MVP QB's behind him in the rotation.  But hey, Howie loves to suck the confidence out of his starting QB, so maybe he will.

Between 6' - 6'3"

Between 200 - 215 pounds

Got get Chase!
Well, that would mean 5 of the 12 were under 6'. So not much correlation there.

Users who are viewing this thread