Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*Official 2021 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Schedule release is official, we can definitely double our tie total from last season

11 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Joe Flacco says there was no discussion on whether he would have the opportunity to compete for a starting job, or whether it was clear he was here to be a backup.

I still can't believe he's on our team.   I would pay him to stay away.

• Like 2
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was able to attend a “Meet The Coaching Staff” Zoom this morning for select Season Ticket Members, hosted by Dave Spadaro and I jotted down some notes, for anyone interested. Spadaro prefaced eve

Whoever this guy in the Eagles draft room is, he did NOT like the Milton Williams pick 

Well, I always said I would give up pretty much anything for a Super Bowl. I guess now I get to live through the consequences.....it was worth it. 

26 minutes ago, need2know said:

I still can't believe he's on our team.   I would pay him to stay away.

See, that is just the tip of the iceberg.  That comment I posted above reads like a man who believes he has a chance to start which would also justify his deal and incentives.  

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Deamon said:

So what are we doing for our 3rd QB option?  Bring in Foles!  Nothing like the young kid having 2 Super Bowl MVP QB's behind him in the rotation.  But hey, Howie loves to suck the confidence out of his starting QB, so maybe he will.

Might as well make it a full circus and bring in 2 more QBs and have CK and Tebow as well. 

11 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

See, that is just the tip of the iceberg.  That comment I posted above reads like a man who believes he has a chance to start which would also justify his deal and incentives.  

He also made a comment that he was here to compete for the job and what's the point of signing on with a team if you aren't gonna compete. 

The OC and QB coach are attending Zach Wilson's pro day today.

I've seen people taking that to mean they are sure they will take a QB at #6 ("See, they are doing their homework!), and just as many people saying this means they are surely not taking a QB at #6 ("See, they aren't even sending the HC or Howie!) 🙃

• Like 1
On 3/25/2021 at 11:06 AM, Bigboy10182000 said:

Good.  If Jalen Hurts can't even beat out Joe Flacco... oof.  I dont want Hurts being GIVEN the job. He's gotta do the barest minimum to earn it here.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

God, look at the haul Miami got for #3

I'm torn between bummed because I would love it if WE got that haul...  And glad, because it increases the chance Chase will drop to us.

17 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

I'm torn between bummed because I would love it if WE got that haul...  And glad, because it increases the chance Chase will drop to us.

Not now 

This trade was a LOCK we were going after a QB 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

No more Chase.

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Eagles trading 6 to Dolphins for #12 and a first rounder in ‘22

That's actually ok.  Decent chance we grab Surtain now? I like him a lot, but not at #6

13 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Not now 

This trade was a LOCK we were going after a QB 

Ahhh good point.  No need to stay at 6 after SF moves up for a qb.

• Like 1

Excellent move by Eagles. Shows a realization that this is a pretty big rebuild job and I am not sold on Dolphins so that pick next year can be very good.

Eagles can still take BPA at 12 and get an excellent player. There are holes all over that roster. Maybe even trade down again.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Eagles trading 6 to Dolphins for #12 and a first rounder in ‘22

Are we getting Miami or SF's 1st rounder next year?

1 minute ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

“But in ‘22 we may have 3 first round picks”

I may care later but not now. 

I think maybe they realized they need to hit the reset button.  Suck next year and get another high pick.  Could grab top 10 talents the next two years in the trenches, then grab our QB in 2022 when we have 3 1sts.

They need far more than a stud receiver. There are going to be great players all over at 12 - cornerback, parsons, receivers too. I think the first round is very deep this year as far as impact players go. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Balco said:

They need far more than a stud receiver. There are going to be great players all over at 12 - cornerback, parsons, receivers too. I think the first round is very deep this year as far as impact players go. 

Add offensive tackle to the mix

9 minutes ago, Balco said:

ya.  Unprecedented draft year with the top 8 players almost a lock to all be offensive players.

20 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

“But in ‘22 we may have 3 first round picks”

I may care later but not now. 

You've often used that trade calculator thing right?  How was the value of our trade back?  Compared to Miamis?

Trying to figure out if 12 to 6 is a bigger or smaller jump than 6 to 3.

20 minutes ago, Balco said:

They got one extra pick. You passed on what SHOULD be a stud into Maybeville for another Maybeville type player next year. 

Also pretty sure a lock Howie’s back for longer too. 

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Deamon said:

You've often used that trade calculator thing right?  How was the value of our trade back?  Compared to Miamis?

Trying to figure out if 12 to 6 is a bigger or smaller jump than 6 to 3.

I don’t use it and don’t know how all that works. 

I'm ok with the deal. We move up on a later round pick and get an extra first next year. In the mean time, we'll still get a very good player at 12. Smith and Waddle being mocked in that range lately. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Thunderlips said:

I like this deal more if it happened on Draft Night.

100% why not see who’s there? The answer is  this—Our GM evaluated the board and determined no one was worth being picked at 6

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

I like this deal more if it happened on Draft Night.

The 6th pick...with SF scrambling to get up to #3 (presumably for a QB) might have made teams more desparate on draft night.  

7 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

100% why not see who’s there? The answer is  this—Our GM evaluated the board and determined no one was worth being picked at 6

Who is going to trade up to #6 with the top 4 QB's already off the board?

35 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Are we getting Miami or SF's 1st rounder next year?

Miami's. Break out the Tua voodoo dolls to go along with the Wentz candles. We have a lot of rooting interests this season.

• Like 1

Rap:

Rephrasing an earlier tweet for clarity: Early on in the draft prospect, the #Eagles felt Zach Wilson was a strong prospect, but for where they are, they felt moving back and collecting a future 1st rounder was a better way to build a team.

1 minute ago, The Noid said:

Miami's. Break out the Tua voodoo dolls to go along with the Wentz candles. We have a lot of rooting interests this season.

At first I was preying it was SF's.  But I guess there's a chance they both could end up around the 9-10 win area next year.

• The Noid changed the title to *Official 2021 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Eagles trade back to #12; Kyle Pitts and Ja'Marr Chase have been inducted into the "Frank Gore Wing" of the Eagles Hall of Fame
Just now, Deranged Hermit said:

OK, which one is the stud? I'm not convinced which WR is in this draft is the 'stud'.

"a" stud.  I guess I'm convinced that Smith, Waddle, and Chase are all Stud WR's.

7 minutes ago, The Noid said:

At least we will have something to cheer for :P

As a WFT fan it is alarming the amount of picks you all are getting.  Howie is doing a great job.  Excellent job by Howie stock piling all these picks and not losing anything significant clearing $50M in payroll.

• The Noid changed the title to *Official 2021 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Schedule release is official, we can definitely double our tie total from last season