What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Postseason Subscriber Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

Always love this challenge.
I used to like it but it's definitely gotten old for me. I genuinely don't enjoy the format anymore. I still enter because it's free and why not, but i put very little thought into my entry since it's such a crapshoot with all the bad entries inflating the cut. There are other playoff contests I enter that I'm much more excited about these days, would love to see FBG change up the format next year but maybe I'm in the minority there.  :shrug:  

I used to like it but it's definitely gotten old for me. I genuinely don't enjoy the format anymore. I still enter because it's free and why not, but i put very little thought into my entry since it's such a crapshoot with all the bad entries inflating the cut. There are other playoff contests I enter that I'm much more excited about these days, would love to see FBG change up the format next year but maybe I'm in the minority there.  :shrug:  
Agreed. Any contest where you have to figure out how many people don't understand the rules in order to advance is flawed.

:(

I will say that it is not the postseason context I have done best in - there was that one a long time ago where it was a series of questions and you got points based on the ones you predicted right - with more points based on how unpopular your prediction was.  I think I was like top-10 in that one.

-QG

Second or third year I've done this but I'm in a few other playoff leagues so never spent a ton of time researching strategy on this one. I'm still alive--do I have a chance?

LeVeon Bell $9 0.00 0.60 0.00

Tyreek Hill $29 0.00 19.90 26.20

Travis Kelce $34 0.00 28.90 43.30

Harrison Butker $10 0.00 12.30 9.50

Tom Brady $28 30.85 28.15 28.90

Leonard Fournette $11 21.20 19.20 15.90

Second or third year I've done this but I'm in a few other playoff leagues so never spent a ton of time researching strategy on this one. I'm still alive--do I have a chance?

LeVeon Bell $9 0.00 0.60 0.00

Tyreek Hill $29 0.00 19.90 26.20

Leonard Fournette $11 21.20 19.20 15.90
Hi Fantasy Girl - congrats on getting the two finalists.  Chances are there will be a number of entries with more than 6 Super Bowl players and more than $121 budgeted on Super Bowl teams.  Unfortunately the only way to find out for sure at the time would be to go through the standings one by one (unless someone in the thread scraped the data). 

-QG

Hi Fantasy Girl - congrats on getting the two finalists.  Chances are there will be a number of entries with more than 6 Super Bowl players and more than $121 budgeted on Super Bowl teams.  Unfortunately the only way to find out for sure at the time would be to go through the standings one by one (unless someone in the thread scraped the data). 

-QG
Thanks for the quick reply...that sounds like way to much time to go through one by one so I think I'll just enjoy my team's win and look for to hopefully a repeat SB Championship! 

Thanks for the quick reply...that sounds like way to much time to go through one by one so I think I'll just enjoy my team's win and look for to hopefully a repeat SB Championship! 
:) yeah - stay tuned to this thread through as it's totally possible someone will be digging through 'em or find the entries that have a lot of KC/TB players

-QG

Had the right two teams in the Bowl with $195 allocated and made the cut this week by 1 pt.  The high scoring Clev/Pitt game cost me some serious dough.

I'll never complain about a free contest for cash where 95% of the entries can't win because they can't comprehend the rules.  It's like playing the lottery and 95% of the people discard their ticket after purchasing it.

I'll never complain about a free contest for cash where 95% of the entries can't win because they can't comprehend the rules.  It's like playing the lottery and 95% of the people discard their ticket after purchasing it.
Sure, that's an apt analogy because basically I get about as much enjoyment out of this contest as I would buying a quick-pick lottery ticket.  I'll play this because it's free and there's a small chance I might win some money but there's nothing really fun about it for me anymore.

Don't mean to complain too much, it's awesome that FBG do this every year and a nice perk for subscribers, I'd personally just like to see them change up the format to something new.  

Sure, that's an apt analogy because basically I get about as much enjoyment out of this contest as I would buying a quick-pick lottery ticket.  I'll play this because it's free and there's a small chance I might win some money but there's nothing really fun about it for me anymore.

Don't mean to complain too much, it's awesome that FBG do this every year and a nice perk for subscribers, I'd personally just like to see them change up the format to something new.  
Have you tried the bingo scratchers?  Those take a little more time to scratch through and it heightens the excitement ;)

-QG

Had the right two teams in the Bowl with $195 allocated and made the cut this week by 1 pt.  The high scoring Clev/Pitt game cost me some serious dough.
Same here. Got the SB right for the first time in a few years and would have a good # of players in the game.  Just missed the first week's cut.  Last year, IIRC, the 1st week was a gimme.  If this year was the same, I'd be in good shape.  Oh well, still fun to play.

Ignoratio Elenchi said:

While it's a small chance that you win, it's significantly higher than the regular season contest.  

Alive in the contest:

Patrick Mahomes $39 0.00 26.15 34.75

Darrel Williams $4 0.00 11.40 12.60

Ronald Jones $19 0.00 6.20 1.60

Antonio Brown $15 15.10 2.00 0.00

Tampa Bay Buccaneers $10 4.00 8.00 9.00

Alive in the contest:

Patrick Mahomes $39 0.00 26.15 34.75
Darrel Williams $4 0.00 11.40 12.60

Ronald Jones $19 0.00 6.20 1.60
Antonio Brown $15 15.10 2.00 0.00
Tampa Bay Buccaneers $10 4.00 8.00 9.00
Good luck Mingooch!  For those wondering about other serious contenders, I went through about 150 entries and found this monster...

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/playoffcontest/2020/104377.php - 11 players for $197 (but no Mahomes)

I picked all chiefs and bucks (with a couple hawks) and missed the week 1 cut.  Mighta done pretty well.

I picked all chiefs and bucks (with a couple hawks) and missed the week 1 cut.  Mighta done pretty well.
Was trying to come up with the best team that would've made it to the SB.  This team would still be alive:

CLE
David Njoku - $2

IND
Jack Doyle - $3

KC
Patrick Mahomes - $39
Darrel Williams - $4
Tyreek Hill - $29
Mecole Hardman - $11
Travis Kelce - $34
Harrison Butker - $10
Chiefs D - $9

TB
Tom Brady - $28
Leonard Fournette - $11
Chris Godwin - $20
Mike Evans - $20
Scott Miller - $5
Cameron Brate - $7
Ryan Succop - $10

WAS
Cam Sims - $4
Steven Sims - $2

Weekly cuts were 105.7, 112.15, and 122.35.  Scores for this team would be 107.85, 114.3, and 122.85.  Had to spend $11 on non-KC/TB players to get through.  Spent only $248 of the $250.

Users who are viewing this thread