What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff Simulator: Who will REALLY win Super Bowl LV (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
I've done some work the past few days, I've come up with what I think is going to happen in this year's playoffs.  How did I do that, you might ask?  By having each of the 14 playoff teams match up against each other in my simulator.  Here are the results of what I came up with:

AFC Wild Card Playoff: Bills 27, Colts 26

NFC Wild Card Playoff: Seahawks 24, Rams 23

NFC Wild Card Playoff: Redskins 26, Buccaneers 22

AFC Wild Card Playoff: Titans 28, Ravens 25

NFC Wild Card Playoff: Saints 27, Bears 22

AFC Wild Card Playoff: Steelers 26, Browns 23

AFC Divisional Playoff: Bills 31, Steelers 25 (OT)

NFC Divisional Playoff: Packers 26, Redskins 22

NFC Divisional Playoff: Saints 27, Seahawks 25

AFC Divisional Playoff: Chiefs 29, Titans 27

NFC Championship: Packers 27, Saints 26

AFC Championship: Chiefs 30, Bills 27 (OT)

Super Bowl LV: Chiefs 27, Packers 26

Appreciate your work.

But all the games seem eerily similar 

Or maybe I had too much coffee this morning

If these scores happen, man, I got my popcorn ready and it's gonna be a hell of a playoff season....lol. Looks like you inserted some drama coding in your simulator.

Most people in my playoff leagues are really high on TB, and drafted accordingly.  I'm of the mind that the skins might give Tommy fits, and I would love the outcome in your sim

I've done some work the past few days, I've come up with what I think is going to happen in this year's playoffs.  How did I do that, you might ask?  By having each of the 14 playoff teams match up against each other in my simulator.  Here are the results of what I came up with:

The Under has hit in 17 of last 22 wildcard games. The bolded predictions are over the game totals. 

I concur with all of these results...score may differ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Most people in my playoff leagues are really high on TB, and drafted accordingly.  I'm of the mind that the skins might give Tommy fits, and I would love the outcome in your sim
I've found myself rooting for Tampa Bay this year, and the WAS defense is exactly the kind of defense that will give Arians's unit fits with their five- and seven-step dropbacks and the like. I don't think we see too many three-step dropbacks from them, though I could be mistaken. Young, Sweat, Allen, and maybe even Kerrigan might give them fits. Those are the guys I noticed this year, and I watched too much WFT this year because I had Young in my main league (IDP) and McLaurin. Plus, I was fascinated by Gibson, who I had in redraft.

eta* I think it will be tighter than most people think.

rockaction said:
I've found myself rooting for Tampa Bay this year, and the WAS defense is exactly the kind of defense that will give Arians's unit fits with their five- and seven-step dropbacks and the like. I don't think we see too many three-step dropbacks from them, though I could be mistaken. Young, Sweat, Allen, and maybe even Kerrigan might give them fits. Those are the guys I noticed this year, and I watched too much WFT this year because I had Young in my main league (IDP) and McLaurin. Plus, I was fascinated by Gibson, who I had in redraft.

I'd love to see WFT beat the Bucs. Rooting for them!

rockaction said:

The under 44.5 and the Wash +7.5 both look good. Leaning to the side since I am not sure how many points Wash will score here.

The under 44.5 and the Wash +7.5 both look good. Leaning to the side since I am not sure how many points Wash will score here.
The problem is that the offense might be completely anemic, leaving the defense in bad positions and not scoring nearly enough to cover. I was in the WFT thread last night and I'm not so convinced about what I wrote in here, though I think the defensive line of the Redskins vs. the offensive line and Brady and Arians's scheme will be the thing to watch. If the Bucs handle the WFT line without too many problems, I like their chances to go to the Super Bowl, problems with New Orleans notwithstanding.

These predictions are already off. The bears are the team people need to watch out for. Great defense and they can run the ball. They played the Saints close last time and will win this game. They'll go on to march through the playoffs and win the super bowl. That's a definite. 

Since the park rangers around here are always picking on Yogi, here's something. Going against the point spreads, you would be 3-0 betting his Saturday scores.

2-4 Super Wildcard Weekend

Many prognosticators usually bounce back from tough weeks.

Anything for Divisional Weekend?

Users who are viewing this thread