What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Don't Snark Too Hard Tonight -- This Is Going To Get Worse Before It Gets Better (1 Viewer)

I wanna add somethin':

When I stated earlier that I felt sorrow for the manipulated in this event, it wasn't meant as absolution.

A large part of that sorrow I feel, is about the restitution required.

I've paid that price myself, for mistakes I've made; and I know that it is necessary.

I wanna add somethin':

When I stated earlier that I felt sorrow for the manipulated in this event, it wasn't meant as absolution.

A large part of that sorrow I feel, is about the restitution required.

I've paid that price myself, for mistakes I've made; and I know that it is necessary.
Very important in life to learn empathy, both for those we agree with and those we don't. Like you said though, even those we empathize with often owe us for their transgressions. 

Very important in life to learn empathy, both for those we agree with and those we don't. Like you said though, even those we empathize with often owe us for their transgressions. 
Very true.

Also, restitution (as I have come to understand it) is not just about "making good" to those you have wronged, and thus "owe", but also necessary in order to heal yourself.

I think it worked for me, and my sincere desire is that others can find the healing it offers as well.

To the victims (which I now realize I have omitted), restitution is often never enough to fully pay the debt, but it is the best that is possible, imo.

As you can see, I'm still working to find words - I may have more later - thnx for hearing. 

Very true.

Also, restitution (as I have come to understand it) is not just about "making good" to those you have wronged, and thus "owe", but also necessary in order to heal yourself.

I think it worked for me, and my sincere desire is that others can find the healing it offers as well.

To the victims (which I now realize I have omitted), restitution is often never enough to fully pay the debt, but it is the best that is possible, imo.

As you can see, I'm still working to find words - I may have more later - thnx for hearing. 
Good words. My father is an alcoholic. He went into AAA about 28 years ago and hasn't had a drink since then. He's been a model father and husband since (he was never bad or mean, just careless or sloppy when drinking). However, a time did come where he approached everyone in our immediate family and apologized for the negative way his drinking impacted us.  12 steps and all that. It was very sincere and certainly more challenging for him than me. I don't remember the conversation too well but I do remember thinking, "wow you thought way more about your drinking than I did. I barely noticed it was a problem." I was maybe 10 and just wasn't really aware of what a drinking problem even was. His apology meant something to me at the time but to him it had to have been an incredibly cleansing spiritual moment. He surely had given it hours of thought.

It was an early lesson about how apologies and forgiveness operate in equal and opposite directions.

Users who are viewing this thread