What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official Joe Biden Inauguration Day Thread - Jan 20th***** (1 Viewer)

squistion

Footballguy
Might as well start this thread now.

Trump has already announced on Twitter this morning that he will not attend, however Mike Pence is planning to, a source says: https://www.cnn.com/webview/politics/live-news/washington-dc-election-riots/h_35fab17c8d63c4502b6afd7cc9125775

Following the riot and occupation of the Capitol, there are serious security concerns, and the U.S. Secret Service has already issued a statement:

https://twitter.com/SecretService/status/1347390348901961729

Please discuss all relevant inauguration related news and opinions here.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: JAA
They should just administer the oath of office in Biden’s living room.  The pomp of an inauguration is meant to celebrate the peaceful transfer of power. And we haven’t had that. 

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Philistine.

Everyone in the elegance community knows that 8 is the most elegant number to use for the specific use case of replacing asterisks for official FBG topic threads.

And before you ask, yes, the tilde is the most elegant demarcation of official threads in the wider elegance community (to us, the use of the asterisk is just base outside of that bon vivant Vonnegut's typographical employment), but as Saint Augustine said, "Romanum venio" and all.

They should just administer the oath of office in Biden’s living room. 
I agree with this.  It is too risky to get all the opposing politicians together in one place with Trump still in control of the military.  It wasn't long ago he received a standing ovation at the Army vs Navy football game.  I have no doubt there are fanatics in the military that would follow his every order.

Might as well start this thread now.

Trump has already announced on Twitter this morning that he will not attend, however Mike Pence is planning to, a source says: https://www.cnn.com/webview/politics/live-news/washington-dc-election-riots/h_35fab17c8d63c4502b6afd7cc9125775

Following the riot and occupation of the Capitol, there are serious security concerns, and the U.S. Secret Service has already issued a statement:

https://twitter.com/SecretService/status/1347390348901961729

Please discuss all relevant inauguration related news and opinions here.
Wondering if any GOP congress or Senate are going to boycott the inauguration like the Dems did in 2016? 

Summer Wheat said:
Wondering if any GOP congress or Senate are going to boycott the inauguration like the Dems did in 2016? 
I'm sure they will. I don't really have too much of a problem with house members choosing to do so. The president him(her)self should most assuredly not do so though

I'm sure they will. I don't really have too much of a problem with house members choosing to do so. The president him(her)self should most assuredly not do so though
I agree but it would be classless if they did just because the Dems did.   Time to show more respect for the process.

Mods can we merge this with the "Joe Biden Thread" that was already posted.  We don`t want to get cluttered up with 10 Biden threads.

Mods can we merge this with the "Joe Biden Thread" that was already posted.  We don`t want to get cluttered up with 10 Biden threads.
Hopefully nothing happens (with scuzzos like the one arrested from VA) and this doesn’t deserve a special thread. I’m honestly nervous for most politicians today, there’s some seriously violent scary rhetoric out there.

I’m very hopeful for a great speech by Biden on Wednesday. 
But there are only about 3 inauguration speeches that history remembers: Lincoln, FDR, and JFK. It would be difficult for any modern President to match one of those. 

Anyone find it odd that there are nearly 30k troops in DC (3x as many as Afghanistan and Iraq combined) for a virtual inauguration (aka zero attendance) of a guy who apparently got more votes than any presidential candidate in history, including the first black and the first woman candidates?

And now 2k NG deputized as US Marshals?

And 1.2k prison riot team members?

Not a single Trump supporter has promoted attending the event despite the media's fantasies of a violent MAGAQ coup. 

Not a single Biden supporter (do they actually exist?) is attending out of fear of COVID.

It will be 500 of America's least favorite people (according to favorability polls) and their +1s.

That equals out to roughly 30 soldiers per guest.

Odd times indeed. 

Here's to a peaceful day with no real or government sponsored violence. 
Definitely not odd. 

Bozeman Bruiser said:
Predictions:

1. FBI/CIA attempts to take out Biden (historical precedent, see JFK, see Reagan, see Color Revolutions)

2. Patsy is NG who has a "manifesto" on whatever the biggest social media alternative is to Twitter (as of today gab); lots of "Q sent me" "Trump sent me" type stuff

3. Kamala gets sworn in, which was the plan all along

4. Military purge: anyone who doesn't pass the purity test, aka do you support Trump, the Constitution, etc is removed from military

5. Digital purge: any and all social media users and platforms that support free speech or the Constitution are eliminated

6. Political purge: any and all supporters of President Trump, the MAGA movement, the Constitution, the American Flag, the word Patriot, etc are blacklisted from DC, MSM, corporations, airlines, etc 

We are already witnessing the last 3 based on 1/6, aka slow summer day for BLM/Antifa in terms of violence and destruction. 
Is the FBI controlled by BLM and the CIA by Antifa, or the other way around? I always get them confused.

Anyone find it odd that there are nearly 30k troops in DC (3x as many as Afghanistan and Iraq combined) for a virtual inauguration (aka zero attendance) of a guy who apparently got more votes than any presidential candidate in history, including the first black and the first woman candidates?

And now 2k NG deputized as US Marshals?

And 1.2k prison riot team members?

Not a single Trump supporter has promoted attending the event despite the media's fantasies of a violent MAGAQ coup. 

Not a single Biden supporter (do they actually exist?) is attending out of fear of COVID.

It will be 500 of America's least favorite people (according to favorability polls) and their +1s.

That equals out to roughly 30 soldiers per guest.

Odd times indeed. 

Here's to a peaceful day with no real or government sponsored violence. 
And with all that, I believe the inauguration crowd will exceed that of Trump's.  

I’m very hopeful for a great speech by Biden on Wednesday. 
But there are only about 3 inauguration speeches that history remembers: Lincoln, FDR, and JFK. It would be difficult for any modern President to match one of those. 
A preview from Jon Meacham's speech at the DNC:

"... history, which will surely be our judge, can also be our guide. From Seneca Falls to Selma to Stonewall, we're at our best when we build bridges, not walls".

Biden isn't the best speaker from a technical POV, but he comes across as sincere.

I agree with this.  It is too risky to get all the opposing politicians together in one place with Trump still in control of the military.  It wasn't long ago he received a standing ovation at the Army vs Navy football game.  I have no doubt there are fanatics in the military that would follow his every order.
Do you even hear yourself think? This is the kind of nonsense that is going to keep this country at each other's throats for another 20 years. 

Hearing Laura Branigan’s Gloria at Trump’s sendoff. Which is the song that was playing at the sickening Trump Insurrection “watch party” video. 

Would rather hear Brett Hull’s drunken version of that version. 

Could be good shtick if Biden sends out his press secretary tomorrow to say this was the most well attended inauguration ever.
I was hoping he would start the speech with "As I look out over the largest inauguration crowd in history..." and wink
I know you guys are joking, but I hope its all looking forward and not focused on Trump for 1 millisecond.

“Have a good life” :lmao:   :lmao:  DYING
And the POTUS, in his final viewing, boards the plane to YMCA.

eta: Don't worry, @Ned ...just our last comments before the soon-to-be former president fades into some degree of oblivion.

VP Harris and FL Biden look brilliant and ravishing in their AMERICAN designed outfits!

USA! USA! USA!

Nothing says free and democratic like calling in a hundred thousand armed troops in full body armor to half the capital buildings and DC. Remind me again which president is supposed to be the dictator?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/21-states-activating-national-guard-troops-capitals-prepare/story%3fid=75320908
There are armed protests planned in every state. Just 2 weeks ago, protestors broke into the Capitol because of less than robust police presence.

What exactly would you like these governor's to do? Mind you, of the 21 states that have reported activating their guard, they include republican strongholds of FL, OH, KY, OK, and UT.

Users who are viewing this thread