What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Sirius Radio Show? (1 Viewer)

Dan Lambskin

Footballguy
@Joe Bryant have you guys ever thought of doing something like this?  I mean actual fantasy football insight, not a Free For All show, I just figured it fit better here than the  Shark Pool

Truthfully, as a SXM subscriber, I would welcome a show on the Fantasy Channel with a FBG contributor lineup. The best show on that platform is the 7 to 10 in the morning runner.

Not here to bash the current talent in the lineup on Channel 88

I will ask, how awesome would it be to have the following folks lead a radio show about magic football:

@Joe Bryant, @David Dodds, @Sigmund Bloom, @Maurile Tremblay, @Cecil Lammey and the many others that contribute?

What's the worst you can do? Make money?  $FBGR (FootBallGuysRadio)

:banned:

Truthfully, as a SXM subscriber, I would welcome a show on the Fantasy Channel with a FBG contributor lineup. The best show on that platform is the 7 to 10 in the morning runner.

Not here to bash the current talent in the lineup on Channel 88

I will ask, how awesome would it be to have the following folks lead a radio show about magic football:

@Joe Bryant, @David Dodds, @Sigmund Bloom, @Maurile Tremblay, @Cecil Lammey and the many others that contribute?

What's the worst you can do? Make money?  $FBGR (FootBallGuysRadio)

:banned:
No JoeT? 

I always wondered what their business model was. All of the radio hosts are touts, and the shows are an hour or two of advertising for them.  But I can't imagine that they drive so many subscriptions that they'd get a decent hourly rate for the time it takes to build enough content for a daily show. And sirius/xm gets paid for the ad revenue and for the channel subscribers, so they need good content.  So how does the money work?  

I always wondered what their business model was. All of the radio hosts are touts, and the shows are an hour or two of advertising for them.  But I can't imagine that they drive so many subscriptions that they'd get a decent hourly rate for the time it takes to build enough content for a daily show. And sirius/xm gets paid for the ad revenue and for the channel subscribers, so they need good content.  So how does the money work?  
Probably a write off 

They make it up in volume.

Kinda like ESPN nowadays. Except for the scintillating twice weekly cornhole contests of course 

Users who are viewing this thread