What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Tampa Bay at The WFT +10(45)*** "Bring on Brady! and Be Careful What Young Wish For" (1 Viewer)

Chase Young vs the TB OL.

Will Wash settle for FG's today?

The two big questions in whether Wash can cover - or pull off the upset.

As a Skins fan, I’m hoping for us to at least keep it competitive but we’ll see. As a fan of the team, I consider them playing with house money at this point. Better than expected for Ron’s first year and the main goals of year 1 of the Rivera regime were accomplished imo. 1) establishing a culture change,  2) find out if Haskins is a franchise QB (a resounding NO on this one), 3) Defense took a huge step forward and is an anchor to build around for the future.

Been over this game in depth in the WFT thread but in general: Think it will be lower scoring than expected. This WFT defense definitely fits the prototype of one that would give Brady problems. I only wish Terry, Gibson, and Alex were healthier. If all three were close to 100% healthy (or however “healthy” is defined for Smith these days) I would like their chances for an upset. But Terry (HAS) and Gibson (turf toe) are clearly just gutting through it at this point. Smith now out. I hope they will keep it competitive, but they will need a score (or two) from the defense and some short fields pull off the upset.

Pulling for my WFT team but know it's a longshot.   Heinicke may surprise tonight.  He's a pretty good player.  Hell, better than Haskins and Kyle Allen.  We rolled those turds out for several starts.  Gotta stay away from the INTs though.

Tom Brady playoffs man. Dude lives for these games. Was pass rush is great. Should be fun matchup there. TB d should dominate but Was skill players could make something happen on their own. 

The line just keeps climbing.  10 now.  Wait until the drunks and the chasers get a hold of it after this 2nd game.  11 is possible.  Opened at 6 1/2.

Like Johnny Utah and I talked about the other night, I'd watch Sweat, Allen, Young, and Kerrigan on WAS's DL against the five and seven step drops of Brady and Arians. That will go a long way toward determining the outcome.

This dude Heineke is an ODU student who was studying for his advanced math finals a month ago... now starting a prime time playoff game against the GOAT. Talk about a wild ride.

Heinicke did well in spot relief for Haskins a few weeks ago. We shall see. TB has some big time pass rushers in Shaq Barrett and JPP.

Game will be closer than some might think but I believe the Bucs will prevail and take Step 2 on their road to Super Bowl 55

Step 1 was the Rams winning and so if the Bucs win they avoid the Packers next week. 

It's possible for the Bucs to actually host the Rams next week in Tampa. 

Deep drop and attempt to go deep already. Curl is a good safety. Collins being out hurts, though not so much in coverage if you can judge by his time with the Giants.

History favors the Redskins as teams that have come out of the "weak" divisions have done play-off damage.

Hoping for a competitive, well contested contest tonight.

That first drive was precision until it completely stalled in the red zone. Evans sighting. Godwin sighting. No Brown. Fournette. Marched right down the field. Three points. Moral victory for WFT.

History favors the Redskins as teams that have come out of the "weak" divisions have done play-off damage.

Hoping for a competitive, well contested contest tonight.
I'm guessing history is more favorable if you're not starting your 4th QB

Tirico so bored with the game already, can't stop talking about how nice this person is and how nice that person is...how about just calling the game Mike? It's like it's beneath him to just call the action as it unfolds, he has to add to the drama. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Tirico so bored with the game already, can't stop talking about how nice this person is and how nice that person is...how about just calling the game Mike. It's like it's beneath him to just call the action as it unfolds, he has to add to the drama. 
You know, you're right. It's 3-0. This is tight. How about the attention that deserves rather than this meandering commentary? It's discursive and tortuous.

Last edited by a moderator:
-Mike of course eager to bring negative news into the booth as often as possible, reminds everyone of the nonsense that unfolded in DC this week. 

-Pointed out some injuries, as many players as he could flub out between plays. 

I haven't heard Dungy since they came back from commercial break. 

Remember when Scherff went before Leonard Williams in the draft and everybody laughed when he fell to the Jets. Well, Scherff wound up being the All-Pro, though Williams had a good year.

Users who are viewing this thread