Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Which QB can the Seahawks get in the draft?


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

I would make a coaching change first.  They really look flat, and have for 6-8 games now.  

Agreed. Carroll is being outcoached so badly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, The Show said:

Russ has lost it. He looks so la Dee da out there. Wolford in an ambulance and Goff a broken finger and Russ !&/!’s the bed. 

Dude, he was just cooking earlier in the year. He has little offensive line help, and the Rams are close to the number one defense in the NFL.  Fourth in DVOA.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Dude, he was just cooking earlier in the year. He has little offensive line help, and the Rams are close to the number one defense in the NFL.  Fourth in DVOA.

How many QBs are better than Wilson? It's hard to come up with even 5 names honestly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, The Show said:

Russ has lost it. He looks so la Dee da out there. Wolford in an ambulance and Goff a broken finger and Russ !&/!’s the bed. 

He's pretty much the only reason the team won 12 games and made the playoffs AGAIN. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ilov80s said:

How many QBs are better than Wilson? It's hard to come up with even 5 names honestly. 

Not many. Not enough where you'd waste any draft capital on another guy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rockaction said:

Not many. Not enough where you'd waste any draft capital on another guy.

The chances Trevor Lawrence is better than Wilson are pretty small. Now imagine a QB going around pick 22. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

The chances Trevor Lawrence is better than Wilson are pretty small. Now imagine a QB going around pick 22. 

Because your QB that just dropped a forty-five yard dime bomb on the run across his body today needs replacing?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Moe Green said:

Wilson is an elite QB. His O-line sucks and the game has passed his HC by.

Agree on the Carroll comment. That said Russ has turned into a turnover machine in the last 6 weeks and looks horrible. Period. 
 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Dude, he was just cooking earlier in the year. He has little offensive line help, and the Rams are close to the number one defense in the NFL.  Fourth in DVOA.

Keep those stats in mind when the GB wins 34-17 next week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Show said:

Keep those stats in mind when the GB wins 34-17 next week. 

Oh, GB in a walk next week, for sure. Donald and Kupp hurt today. Goff with a broken thumb.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing has been, or ever will be Russ’s fault. Dude could probably throw an end zone pick with less than a minute left in the Super Bowl and not take an ounce of blame. 

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Zigg said:

Nothing has been, or ever will be Russ’s fault. Dude could probably throw an end zone pick with less than a minute left in the Super Bowl and not take an ounce of blame. 

I’m not sure if the people defending Russ in here are actually watching the games or are just box score superstars. As a DK owner I have watched every minutes. Russ has made some of the worst decisions throwing, holding on to the ball too long, etc etc the last 6-8 weeks I’ve ever seen from the QB position. Quit with the o-line bull&!?@ too. Stud QBs (Rodgers, Mahomes, Josh) have the awareness to slide and move around in and out of the pocket to buy more time. Russ looks lost and on the defensive out there. 
 

Is he still a top 12 QB? Yes. Top 5? No chance. 
 

This loss today is a complete embarrassment and should be very eye opening that changes need to be made in Seattle. Wolford laying in an ambulance 5 min into the game forcing broken finger’d Goff to come in to the game you think would have worked in Seattle’s favor. But no. 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

The chances Trevor Lawrence is better than Wilson are pretty small. Now imagine a QB going around pick 22. 

They don’t even have a first round pick - it belongs to the Jets.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Moe Green said:

Wilson is an elite QB. His O-line sucks and the game has passed his HC by.

This

 

@SharpFootball: thru the first 8 weeks:

Seattle was 6-1 and the #1 seed in the NFC and were the #1 most pass heavy offense in the NFL

fast forward to the end of the year:

Seattle reverted back to the run game, missed out on the #1 seed & lost their first playoff game

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

This

 

@SharpFootball: thru the first 8 weeks:

Seattle was 6-1 and the #1 seed in the NFC and were the #1 most pass heavy offense in the NFL

fast forward to the end of the year:

Seattle reverted back to the run game, missed out on the #1 seed & lost their first playoff game

I agree coaching has played a big part of this. In a division filled of stud coaches it might be time for Pete to hang em up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kevrunner said:

Looks like he’s under pressure almost on every play, maybe they need to invest in offensive linemen instead.

It's almost like bad offensive lines can make even great QBs look bad  

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Insein said:

It's almost like bad offensive lines can make even great QBs look bad  

Seattle and Arizona had the same idea - if we have a mobile QB that can improvise then we can spend our money on areas other than the offensive line.

But then opposing defenses FINALLY had a eureka moment and realized, "Hey, if we simply contain these guys to the pocket, their improvisation ability is limited and their size is a liability." 

The only decent play Wilson had yesterday was when he was able to break contain and toss the deep TD to Metcalf. 

Edit: This thread is still silly. QB is an awesome player that about 31 other teams would take in a heartbeat. 

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seattle historically can't get 1 freaking yard to keep a drive alive. They have no 3rd WR to help out, and we have no true pass catching TE.  I believe Wilson is the 2nd most sacked QB in history, and the Oline seems to have been bad since 2005.

Wilson has played bad recently, but he has had the piss knocked out of him. He is not letting plays develop and he is bailing out of the pocket to soon.

Defense gave up over 150 rushing yards to one guy.

Tons of blame to go around, but wanting to get rid of Wilson is silly.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Moe Green said:

Wilson is an elite QB. His O-line sucks and the game has passed his HC by.

Agreed. Also the OC, for that matter.

Easy to blame Wilson, but the OL didn’t do him favors against the fierce Rams front, and that did them in. It’s not like they were overly committed to the run - Carson had only 16 carries and Hyde another 4. They just couldn’t sustain drives - not sure why they didn’t use Carson more out in the flat as a receiver.

Edited by zamboni
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zamboni said:

Agreed. Also the OC, for that matter.

Easy to blame Wilson, but the OL didn’t do him favors against the fierce Rams front, and that did them in. It’s not like they were overly committed to the run - Carson had only 16 carries and Hyde another 4. They just couldn’t sustain drives - not sure why they didn’t use Carson more as a receiver.

A one off yesterday sure, but this has been going on for months. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, seahawk 17 said:

Seattle historically can't get 1 freaking yard to keep a drive alive. They have no 3rd WR to help out, and we have no true pass catching TE.  I believe Wilson is the 2nd most sacked QB in history, and the Oline seems to have been bad since 2005.

Wilson has played bad recently, but he has had the piss knocked out of him. He is not letting plays develop and he is bailing out of the pocket to soon.

Defense gave up over 150 rushing yards to one guy.

Tons of blame to go around, but wanting to get rid of Wilson is silly.

Unfortunately we have no way to prove this I would bet a lot of $$ if you threw Patrick or Josh behind that line all of sudden the problem would go away. Open your eyes guys. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Show said:

A one off yesterday sure, but this has been going on for months. 

Yes, Wilson’s numbers dropped off considerably down the stretch when he was cooking earlier. But the team was still winning and the defense stepped up (gave up fewer than 20 points in 5 of the last 6 regular season games). So they had Wilson cook smaller meals.

Edited by zamboni
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's laughable to suggest that RW has lost it at 32, but his drop in play over the second half of the season is one of the most baffling things I have seen in pro sports in quite some time.  I almost expect there to be word in like two months that he had surgery on some injury we had no idea about.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Moe Green said:

the game has passed his HC by

That is the primary issue IMO. Unfortunately, Carroll is going nowhere. They just won 12 games, and it was just two months ago that Carroll signed an extension through 2025. He may not see that deal all the way through, but he will be in Seattle for at least 3-4 more seasons, barring a health problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah....Wilson is not the problem here. Like 28 other teams would take him in a heartbeat.

Bad O-line and poor coaching. I mean...Brian Schottenheimer is the OC.  I have to imagine he's improved in the past 10 years since the Jets canned him (otherwise he wouldn't have a job) but if his name was Brian Smith, he never would have gotten a 2nd chance. Dude is horrible.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Todd from Utah said:

Yeah....Wilson is not the problem here. Like 28 other teams would take him in a heartbeat.

Bad O-line and poor coaching. I mean...Brian Schottenheimer is the OC.  I have to imagine he's improved in the past 10 years since the Jets canned him (otherwise he wouldn't have a job) but if his name was Brian Smith, he never would have gotten a 2nd chance. Dude is horrible.

If you have some extra time do yourself a favour and go back and watch the home game vs NYG. 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

They don’t even have a first round pick - it belongs to the Jets.

First pick for Seattle is #56 in the 2nd round. One mock has them taking Deonte Brown,  IOL,  Alabama. Not a bad idea since their OL sucks.

To answer the original question, first QB available at that point would be Jamie Newman, QB, Wake Forest.  Good luck with that.

http://www.tankathon.com

 

Edited by Leroy Hoard
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

First pick for Seattle is #56 in the 2nd round. One mock has them taking Deonte Brown,  IOL,  Alabama. Not a bad idea since their OL sucks.

To answer the original question, first QB available at that point would be Jamie Newman, QB, Wake Forest.  Good luck with that.

http://www.tankathon.com

 

Wilson for Darnold and a pick and I would dancing around for days. Unfortunately it wouldn’t happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Pip's Invitation said:

So which QB can the Steelers get in the draft? 

Off of a 501 yard performance and you’re not satisfied? Russ is averaging 117.2 per game over the last 9 games, and that’s with Metcalf’s YAC yards falsely inflating Russ’s stats. 
 

Pitt needs to figure out their running game or lack there of so Ben doesn’t have to do it all himself. And take care of the ball a little better. I know it was a super weird game but where was this “vaunted” steeler defense? 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Just Win Baby said:

That is the primary issue IMO. Unfortunately, Carroll is going nowhere. They just won 12 games, and it was just two months ago that Carroll signed an extension through 2025. He may not see that deal all the way through, but he will be in Seattle for at least 3-4 more seasons, barring a health problem.

Fantastic news.

Signed, a 49er fan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2021 at 2:53 AM, The Show said:

I’m not sure if the people defending Russ in here are actually watching the games or are just box score superstars. As a DK owner I have watched every minutes. Russ has made some of the worst decisions throwing, holding on to the ball too long, etc etc the last 6-8 weeks I’ve ever seen from the QB position. Quit with the o-line bull&!?@ too. Stud QBs (Rodgers, Mahomes, Josh) have the awareness to slide and move around in and out of the pocket to buy more time. Russ looks lost and on the defensive out there. 
 

Is he still a top 12 QB? Yes. Top 5? No chance. 
 

This loss today is a complete embarrassment and should be very eye opening that changes need to be made in Seattle. Wolford laying in an ambulance 5 min into the game forcing broken finger’d Goff to come in to the game you think would have worked in Seattle’s favor. But no. 

What do you think happened in the second half of the season?  He put Seattle on his back the first 9 games of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2021 at 7:38 PM, The Show said:

Russ has lost it. He looks so la Dee da out there. Wolford in an ambulance and Goff a broken finger and Russ !&/!’s the bed. 

Just awful.

We will trade you our two first round picks and Tua in Miami.....send him down. 

Ridiculous....LOL!!!

That OL was pure garbage Saturday. That is your problem. 

This thread is shtick right? Right????

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, InDitkaWeTrust said:

What do you think happened in the second half of the season?  He put Seattle on his back the first 9 games of the season.

I think it’s combo of a few things. Poor coaching/play calling are at the top of the list with Russ severely underperforming very close behind. I think teams defensively caught up to what Seattle was trying to do offensively and shut it down. The fact the Russ wasn’t able to adjust to these things over a fairly large sample size of time is alarming. The QB position as we all know efficiency wise can fall off quite quickly. I’m not suggesting Russell at 32 years old is falling off the cliff, but I’d be lying to myself if what I watched from him the last 2 months wasn’t severely disappointing. 
 

He is a FIRM “stay away” for me next year in redraft,  and a sell as quick as I can in dynasty. Having to contend with 9er’s and Rams defense’s and brilliant head coaching twice a year only hurts Russ’s case further and reconfirms my allegations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...