What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Cleveland at Pittsburgh -6 (47.5)*** The Headless Horsemen arrive for the nightcap (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
The nightcap tonight is an intriguing one, Cleveland will be without a head coach tonight...is that really news? They haven't had a head coach in 20 years, should feel right at home this evening. 

Browns are going to shock people, I expect to see extra gears in this one. Buffalo, Tampa Bay and Los Angeles all had healthy leads at some point in the 2nd half and held on, I expect this game to be back and forth. 

Go!

Last edited by a moderator:
we got nothing to lose, really... and i see that playing into our favor.

i fully expect PIT to win the game, but something deep down kinda telling me we might see some magic.

This Steelers team is not far removed from losing consecutively to the Football Team and Burrow-less Bengals.  Then they lost handily to the Bills and needed a massive comeback to beat the Colts.  I don’t care what adversity Cleveland is dealing with.  I’m not at all confident the Steelers will win this game.  

we got nothing to lose, really... and i see that playing into our favor.

i fully expect PIT to win the game, but something deep down kinda telling me we might see some magic.
That's called optimism. Noting wrong wit that. But admittedly I don't put to much stock in it. Hopefully they at least make a good showing like the WFT managed to do last night. I'd be happy with that. The "Haha, Browns gonna Browns" stuff will be off the charts if they have a poor showing.

The Steelers under Tomlin are notorious for showing up looking unprepared for games that everyone thinks they should win, and Cleveland not having their coach could definitely have that effect on their psyche, resulting in more of a dogfight than they are expecting. 

I think The one of two things will happen. The Steelers will control(not dominate) the game and will win by multiple scores OR

The Browns will show up inspired underdogs and remember they are a RUN FIRST team and let Chubb cook and surprise the talking heads

I have no horse in this race and just want to see a good game so...….

Browns-27.....Steelers-24

my only gripe with Stefanski, is he seems to underutilize the RBs...

he's at home tonight, so just maybe whoever is calling plays relies more on the run game

This Steelers team is not far removed from losing consecutively to the Football Team and Burrow-less Bengals.  Then they lost handily to the Bills and needed a massive comeback to beat the Colts.  I don’t care what adversity Cleveland is dealing with.  I’m not at all confident the Steelers will win this game.  
:goodposting:

This Steelers team isn't the same as the one from early in the year.  The losses of Bush and Dupree have had a huge impact and Haden is out tonight too. Watt is seeing more double teams and the secondary isn't nearly as good without the consistent pass rush. I'm hoping the 2nd half of the Colts game was a sign of things to come for the offense and Ben's ability to go downfield, and I'm hoping the week off gives his arm a little more juice for the playoffs, but time will tell. I certainly don't expect it to be a blowout, and I won't be surprised no matter who wins.

I think this is a very close game so it will probably be a blowout. 

My concern as a Steelers fan is the Steelers reverting back to the dink and dunk. A bit of that is okay but they have to take shots downfield to open things up.

On defense obviously you have to contain Chubb and hope the bad Mayfield is playing

Browns without their best cornerback and All Pro offensive lineman. Their db's haven't been very good all season. If they can get pressure on R'berger they could keep it close. If not I doubt it. 

Go Browns

The Steelers will win if Tomlin doesn't call the offensive plays 😃

I’m leaning Pittsburgh but I can’t help but recall how flat the Steelers have looked the past 5 weeks, other than the 2nd half of week 16. 

I watched the 2002 Wildcard game replay on NFL network today before this game. Browns dominated that game but still lost after so many mistakes made.

Was up 24-7 in that one and was up 33-21 with 6 minutes left still lost.

Users who are viewing this thread