What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help me pick my company car (1 Viewer)

Vote on the company car you would chose.

• Toyota 4 runner (Venture 4x4 trim)

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Subaru Outback (Touring trim)

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Audi Q7 (Premier plus 45 trim)

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Lexus GX (premier package)

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

pmedina

Footballguy
Starting a new job and going from a fleet car to a car allowance. The allowance is $750/month “grossed up” and I can turn in receipts for gas/maintenance (not sure how this works for personal/work miles). 

Test drove the following yesterday:

Toyota 4Runner - love the looks and size. Will not use the off-road capability to its fullest and gas mileage horrific. 

Subaru Outback - does everything I need and is the most practical (best gas and cheapest).  Top trim surprisingly nice.  

Audi Q7 - good size and nicest drive, cabin very refined. Most expensive and likely least reliable.

Lexus GX - biggest footprint and worst gas mileage. Handled surprisingly well though and good reliability. 

Thoughts on these or others similar?  

Why does reliability matter?  Isn't it brand new and thus under bumper to bumper even if by chance something does go wrong.  

does your climate matter (snow, rain, ice)?

Space requirements (for size of family)?

How much driving will you be doing for work?

are you related to funky cold?
Live in Oklahoma (some snow and ice but not much).
Youngest kid will drive in October.

Most of driving will be to the airport. Some down to Dallas/Arkansas. 

Not related 😞

Not related 😞
Are you using this vehicle to see customers at all?  Any reason you can't buy a 2005 F150 and pocket the allowance?

Will you need winter tires or chains, or do all season do the job for you?

Will minimedina be using the car?  Are you wanting/needing a certain amount of trunk space?

How important is comfort to you?

Not related 😞

I hear It's better than any alcohol or aphrodisiac
A couple of sips of this love potion and she'll be on your lap

Last edited by a moderator:
No need for snow tires and youngest will get their own car. 

I’m a FBG, I love comfort.  In all seriousness, I want something I can use for my road bike and take hiking also. 

No need for snow tires and youngest will get their own car. 

I’m a FBG, I love comfort.  In all seriousness, I want something I can use for my road bike and take hiking also. 
I’d go Audi or Lexus, but that’s me

edit: actually, I am a BMW guy. I have an m3, wife has an x3.  

Funniest place was the Land Rover dealer. Asked about leasing a new Defender. It was $7000 down and 1250/month 😂, declined the test drive. 

Same. Should take a look at leasing an X5 with that budget.
And for anyone not in a rush to get the car, I am a big advocate of Euro-deliveries. I have done two of these. Saved about 10% on the cars.  Pick it up in Munich at the factory and have many drop off options. It took about 6 weeks to make back to the US.

LOOK AT ME!

Been awhile for one of these look at me posts.
Would really like opinions of people have owned these long term 🤷🏻‍♂️, I’m going from Ford Edge so hardly rolling 😞

FYI- I voted Outback bc I’m cheap. 

I will only buy Lexus at this point forward if I can help it.  I've owned three high mileage used (two bought from my dad, one from a dealer) and have had exactly zero problems.  I can't imagine how nice it would be for someone to pay me to buy a new one.  I'd take that in a second.

Will last forever after it is done being paid for.

Would really like opinions of people have owned these long term 🤷🏻‍♂️, I’m going from Ford Edge so hardly rolling 😞

As a fellow Oklahoman...  if you're looking at a 4-runner have you considered a similar Tacoma?  Could get a 4-door Tacoma in that price range.  I mean trucks are required in our state.

If you're cheap, why would you consider Audi?  That's not a cheap car to own.  Better leasing option.   If you're looking to save money, you can't do much better than the Mazda CX-5.  Reliable and the design blows Subaru out of the water.  Retails for $25-30k.

https://www.caranddriver.com/mazda/cx-5

As a fellow Oklahoman...  if you're looking at a 4-runner have you considered a similar Tacoma?  Could get a 4-door Tacoma in that price range.  I mean trucks are required in our state.
As a Tacoma owner, Tacoma FTW. Tough, great quality build and very reliable. I have a 1996 with 200k on it. Still going strong.

If you're cheap, why would you consider Audi?  That's not a cheap car to own.  Better leasing option.   If you're looking to save money, you can't do much better than the Mazda CX-5.  Reliable and the design blows Subaru out of the water.  Retails for $25-30k.

https://www.caranddriver.com/mazda/cx-5
Yeah if you want to pocket 300ish bucks a month, I nominate Kia.  I absolutely love my 2020 Sorento.  I honestly feel like it has the same comfort and bells/whistles that a "luxury" brand would offer.  I seriously see no difference between it and my Mom's Lexus.

Retails around the same as the Mazda and has great reviews.  Just hit up Google.

Just thought I’d update the thread. Went with a Outback Touring Trim (their highest trim), with a few added accessories. The thing has everything you can have in a car. Having a hitch installed for my road bike, so picking up Monday. 

Final walkout price 36k with 0% financing so I’ll make about $100/month and get a brand new car. 

Couple of notes:

1-The interior of this trim is fabulous. Looks like the Audi inside. 
2-Not sure how people afford new cars. A Subaru Outback for $571/month x 63 months is ridiculous. Can’t imagine what the Audi payment would’ve been. 
3-Lastly, buying a car sucks. First offer for the car was 39.2k. If you don’t come prepared it costs you thousands of dollars. 

Just thought I’d update the thread. Went with a Outback Touring Trim (their highest trim), with a few added accessories. The thing has everything you can have in a car. Having a hitch installed for my road bike, so picking up Monday. 

Final walkout price 36k with 0% financing so I’ll make about $100/month and get a brand new car. 

Couple of notes:

1-The interior of this trim is fabulous. Looks like the Audi inside. 
2-Not sure how people afford new cars. A Subaru Outback for $571/month x 63 months is ridiculous. Can’t imagine what the Audi payment would’ve been. 
3-Lastly, buying a car sucks. First offer for the car was 39.2k. If you don’t come prepared it costs you thousands of dollars. 
Love my 2015 Outback. My next car will be another Outback.

Users who are viewing this thread