What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG message board name was changed somehow (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggot Brain

Footballguy
I figured this was the forum for something this strange:).  It's also my first original posting in this forum in the 15 plus years I've been a FBG subscriber.

I just noticed that my message board name had been changed from Maggot Brain...to M-Brain without my consent or any notice.  Has anyone had this happen previously?  and if so, was a reason given.

I don't know what the deal is with this one.  It's merely a tribute to a 1975  song called 'Maggot Brain' by Funkadelic. It's also the name of most all of my fantasy teams. It features one of Rolling Stone's all time best guitar solos.  No political agenda, profanity, etc.   Just can't figure this one out :(

Stating the obvious, someone confused Maggot Brain (a seminal musical materpiece) with sumpin', sumpin' MAGA.

"Who complained?" is my question,

This board has gotten so weird about politics. MAGAt is a derogatory named used by people who don't like Trump about Trump supporters. Phonetically it's the same pronunciation. But that may not be why. It may just be that "maggots" aren't deemed PG by the moderators.

I don't get it either way, but to each his own.

I rarely post anywhere but in the Shark Pool and that mainly when doing an Anarchy/survivor league, etc.  Been a Bambi type on these boards and have never been censured in any way.  Warnings, bans..none.  This sucks the big one.

I figured this was the forum for something this strange:).  It's also my first original posting in this forum in the 15 plus years I've been a FBG subscriber.

I just noticed that my message board name had been changed from Maggot Brain...to M-Brain without my consent or any notice.  Has anyone had this happen previously?  and if so, was a reason given.

I don't know what the deal is with this one.  It's merely a tribute to a 1975  song called 'Maggot Brain' by Funkadelic. It's also the name of most all of my fantasy teams. It features one of Rolling Stone's all time best guitar solos.  No political agenda, profanity, etc.   Just can't figure this one out :(
That is odd. I would have thought it would've changed into Fly Brain

@FBG Moderator can I get a little info on this one please?

If this really was done without his permission that is beyond pathetic. Even for this place. With what goes on and is allowed in the Politics Forum.  

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, the owners of this site do not (and should not) require permission.
I realized that this was true when I originally posted.  I just wanted to see if anyone around had heard of it happening before and if there was some context I could get as to the reason why.  I figured with my never having been a problem on the boards I might at least get some type of reason for the no notice change.

Someone found it offensive.   

There are a few guys on here who cannot take a joke.  They cannot get through their day with someone else saying or doing something they don't 100% agree with or understand.  they take real pleasure in hurting other users on here.  Either by getting them suspended or reporting them or whatever.   Its sad.  

Probably because the real maggot brain was afraid people would have confused him for you. 

Perhaps they'd let you change it to Maggot Brain Fan? 
The only Maggot Brain I know is from that song.  Is there another that I'm missing? Or is this schtick?

If after 15 plus years with the same name, someone claiming that my board name offends them enough for a no notice/consent change to be made is bad business.  Even though the message board rules they have most likely allow for this....I still call BS on this one.

A guy in my league has the same name as a (dead) celebrity. He tried to register with his real name. The moderators changed his name to "____ ____ Fan" :lol:

Someone found it offensive.   

There are a few guys on here who cannot take a joke.  They cannot get through their day with someone else saying or doing something they don't 100% agree with or understand.  they take real pleasure in hurting other users on here.  Either by getting them suspended or reporting them or whatever.   Its sad.  
Amen.   The Eagles suck.

If this really was done without his permission that is beyond pathetic. Even for this place. With what goes on and is allowed in the Politics Forum.  
I'd say the moderation here is capricious and arbitrary, but, I'd probably get banned by a moderator that doesn't know what those words mean and would just assume it's offensive. 

I will take a look for you. I know we try to stay away from the stuff that's kind of gross but this clearly has some other meaning. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread