Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL*** 2021 Cakeleeg - Draft PAUSED until magazines come out

7 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

:bowtie:

When he's rookie of the year and leading your Rays to the World Series, you'll be eating these words and wishing you had thought of him early too.

I would love nothing more but I know how this cheap ahole owner operates. 

I thought they should have used him in the playoffs last year. He was with the team on their taxi squad. They averaged like 2.5 runs a game in the final 10 games and kept running Joey Wendle out there in place of one of the best prospects in the last 10 years. And it wasn’t even an experience thing. They had a pitcher make his MLB debut in the ALCS. Baffling. 

Edited by Capella
That said my teams won a Stanley cup and the super bowl since then so the Rays can go piss up a tree
  • Like 1
  • Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

F'ing gunz'ed.  ####.  

Nice pick!

You've never heard of Luis Robert.  What would a couple of extra weeks helped you?

17 minutes ago, Chemical X said:

just to confirm, based on the picks this is a dynasty league?

So I took Pete Alonso about here in 2019. :coffee: 

"With a designated hitter not among their offseason acquisitions to this point, Vaughn seems the leading candidate to fill that hole and step into the everyday job on the South Side."

Edited by FishTacoTuesday
20 minutes ago, FishTacoTuesday said:

So I took Pete Alonso about here in 2019. :coffee: 

"With a designated hitter not among their offseason acquisitions to this point, Vaughn seems the leading candidate to fill that hole and step into the everyday job on the South Side."

i don’t doubt vaughn and franco and these zygotes are talented.  alonso was a 24 yr old rookie with 1000 minor league ABs, but a great pick nonetheless.  drafting so early means you just have no idea if they will even make the team.

44 minutes ago, Chemical X said:

i don’t doubt vaughn and franco and these zygotes are talented.  alonso was a 24 yr old rookie with 1000 minor league ABs, but a great pick nonetheless.  drafting so early means you just have no idea if they will even make the team.

It was a gamble.  I know it was super super early, but I drafted a young pup named Acuna in the 10th round in 2018 and he had a great season once he was called up.  Different players and different teams (Braves sucked then IIRC) but maybe he makes the team or gets called up in June and is great.  

I know this:  Of the 30 or so 'closers' who have been drafted thus far, 50% of them will not be closers by Sept.  Bet on that.  At least with Franco I have something to look forward to.  Maybe.  

I suck every year in this thing.  Might as well keep the trend alive.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

It was a gamble.  I know it was super super early, but I drafted a young pup named Acuna in the 10th round in 2018 and he had a great season once he was called up.  Different players and different teams (Braves sucked then IIRC) but maybe he makes the team or gets called up in June and is great.  

I know this:  Of the 30 or so 'closers' who have been drafted thus far, 50% of them will not be closers by Sept.  Bet on that.  At least with Franco I have something to look forward to.  Maybe.  

I suck every year in this thing.  Might as well keep the trend alive.

with shuke not allowing us to have a bench bigger than 3 guys, holding a guy who may not play till august is rough.  all part of the strategy.  i agree on the closers though.  but trying to ply the ww everyday for these guys makes me want to throat punch reneè.

19 minutes ago, Chemical X said:

with shuke not allowing us to have a bench bigger than 3 guys, holding a guy who may not play till august is rough.  all part of the strategy.  i agree on the closers though.  but trying to ply the ww everyday for these guys makes me want to throat punch reneè.

I should just hire Rene to run my closer position each summer.  That guy is gold. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chemical X said:

drafting so early means you just have no idea if they will even make the team.

That's the beauty of it.  #### having a draft where everyone is a robot taking guys from the same cheatsheet.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Chemical X said:

It's 5 guys.  Same as day 1, before I even joined the league.  

43 minutes ago, Bogart said:

18.08 - Ha-seong Kim - 2B/SS - SDP

bananananaphone texted

was on my radar for 4 rounds, i just kept waiting.  i think his skillset will play here, at least his legs will.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Chemical X said:

Vaughn and Kirriloff are the two players I just took. Both are competing for an opening day job and both are the favorite. I prefer both over Kolten Wong who we know what he is. :shrug: 

Edited by FishTacoTuesday
  • Sad 1