Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Updated Forum Software From Invision 1.11.21

Hey Folks,

We've installed the update from Invision and you can see the forums look slightly different. Hopefully better. 

Mainly hope this helps with stability issues. We'd had trouble there and getting gateway errors. They think this will solve it. 

I did see the popup asking to sign up for the email update that is on the main site and we'll get that removed. I know people won't like that. 

I know nobody, including me, likes familiar things to change but this was needed to solve the stability problem. Please bear with us and give it a chance if there's stuff on the new version you don't like as much. 

Thanks. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Two things to check 

1) scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Theme footballguys dark. I was using it before and it reset to light during the upgrade 

2) click on the three lines menu button in the top right to go to account > account settings and choose content view settings. When i click on content go to latest unread content (instead of page 1).  So much better. 

Edited by bostonfred
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 10

Is there any way to take the top posters and active days stuff and move that to a rectangle at the top instead of on the right hand side. It makes reading the stuff tougher for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big League Chew said:

search feature improved?

Search seems to be working efficiently. Can filter by multiple variables. Challenging with millions of posts but seems to be working great. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

OK, next to the "start new topic" button on the main forum page on the left are two buttons... one with four horizontal lines ----- and one with three dots and lines • -----

The one with 4 lines is the standard list format we're used to seeing the forums in. The one with the dot and line • ----- is an expanded view that shows a preview of the first post on the forum page.

If you click that button with the dot and lines, the FFA main page returns a HTTP 500 ERROR (Internal Server Error). The server cannot render the FFA in this mode.

Uh oh. I switched from condensed (default view) to preview mode (where it's supposed to show the first post of a thread. It give me an error, and now I can't switch back because it just takes me back to this page:

This page isn’t working

forums.footballguys.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Just now, EYLive said:

Uh oh. I switched from condensed (default view) to preview mode (where it's supposed to show the first post of a thread. It give me an error, and now I can't switch back because it just takes me back to this page:

This page isn’t working

forums.footballguys.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Yeah, I mentioned this above. You have to go to the Shark Pool or another forum to change it back. You can't load the FFA in Expanded Mode.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shades said:

Yeah, I mentioned this above. You have to go to the Shark Pool or another forum to change it back. You can't load the FFA in Expanded Mode.

That did the trick, thanks. It works in the other forums but not the FFA, odd.

The font was small to begin with but now somehow seems even harder to read a bit.

There's a floating annoying privacy terms logo in the bottom right corner.

Android phone. My immediate observations.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Shatner! said:

The font was small to begin with but now somehow seems even harder to read a bit.

There's a floating annoying privacy terms logo in the bottom right corner.

Android phone. My immediate observations.

font does seem to be smaller but most browsers have options to make it larger (top right on chrome)

• Like 1

Maybe this is just on my end, but when I visit a thread I've already posted in, the screen gets broken up into two columns, the right side being some stats on "most popular posters", and a bunch of other totally unnecessary data.  Hope that's not permanent.  

Just now, The General said:

Is there a setting to remove the info/data on the right side inside threads? The stuff about Top Replies, Days, Posts, etc? Takes up a lot of real estate!!

.... beat me to it.  

This.

1 minute ago, The General said:

Is there a setting to remove the info/data on the right side inside threads? The stuff about Top Replies, Days, Posts, etc? Takes up a lot of real estate!!

Is it just me or is that only showing up in some threads and not all?

2 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

Sorry, not sure what you mean?

hmm, the little smiley face in the lower right corner of posts where we can react to a post with a smiley face, a handshake, a heart, etc.

that option is grayed out for me. i cannot react with to others posts.

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

hmm, the little smiley face in the lower right corner of posts where we can react to a post with a smiley face, a handshake, a heart, etc.

that option is grayed out for me. i cannot react with to others posts.

All white or clear for me, but works 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

All white or clear for me, but works 

Weird. It's working fine for me. White / gray but works fine.

@mr furley you're saying when you move the curser over the smiley face, nothing happens?

What type of computer or device are you using and what broswer?

11 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

What is this? It doesn’t seem to do anything but take up space on the page in Safari/iOS 

On the old software, there was a thick blue line between the last post you read in a thread, and the first unread new post.

Now that line is that big extra space.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, bostonfred said:

Two things to check 

1) scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Theme footballguys dark. I was using it before and it reset to light during the upgrade 

2) click on the three lines menu button in the top right to go to account > account settings and choose content view settings. When i click on content go to latest unread content (instead of page 1).  So much better. 

OMG I've been running it the other way for 20 years, this is way better in the dark. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

Weird. It's working fine for me. White / gray but works fine.

@mr furley you're saying when you move the curser over the smiley face, nothing happens?

What type of computer or device are you using and what broswer?

working now. wasn't earlier. thanks for following up.

Chromebook

• Like 1