What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Updated Forum Software From Invision 1.11.21 (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hey Folks,

We've installed the update from Invision and you can see the forums look slightly different. Hopefully better. 

Mainly hope this helps with stability issues. We'd had trouble there and getting gateway errors. They think this will solve it. 

I did see the popup asking to sign up for the email update that is on the main site and we'll get that removed. I know people won't like that. 

I know nobody, including me, likes familiar things to change but this was needed to solve the stability problem. Please bear with us and give it a chance if there's stuff on the new version you don't like as much. 

Thanks. 

Two things to check 

1) scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Theme footballguys dark. I was using it before and it reset to light during the upgrade 

2) click on the three lines menu button in the top right to go to account > account settings and choose content view settings. When i click on content go to latest unread content (instead of page 1).  So much better. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way to take the top posters and active days stuff and move that to a rectangle at the top instead of on the right hand side. It makes reading the stuff tougher for me. 

OK, next to the "start new topic" button on the main forum page on the left are two buttons... one with four horizontal lines ----- and one with three dots and lines • -----

The one with 4 lines is the standard list format we're used to seeing the forums in. The one with the dot and line • ----- is an expanded view that shows a preview of the first post on the forum page.

If you click that button with the dot and lines, the FFA main page returns a HTTP 500 ERROR (Internal Server Error). The server cannot render the FFA in this mode.

I tried to manually italicize some text and it didn't work.

Test: test.

Then, when I edited the post to fix it, the software put my entire response into a quote box. :loco:

Uh oh. I switched from condensed (default view) to preview mode (where it's supposed to show the first post of a thread. It give me an error, and now I can't switch back because it just takes me back to this page:

This page isn’t working

forums.footballguys.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Uh oh. I switched from condensed (default view) to preview mode (where it's supposed to show the first post of a thread. It give me an error, and now I can't switch back because it just takes me back to this page:

This page isn’t working

forums.footballguys.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500
Yeah, I mentioned this above. You have to go to the Shark Pool or another forum to change it back. You can't load the FFA in Expanded Mode.

Yeah, I mentioned this above. You have to go to the Shark Pool or another forum to change it back. You can't load the FFA in Expanded Mode.
That did the trick, thanks. It works in the other forums but not the FFA, odd.

The font was small to begin with but now somehow seems even harder to read a bit.

There's a floating annoying privacy terms logo in the bottom right corner.

Android phone. My immediate observations.

Yeah, that little privacy/terms box in the lower right is bugging me out (especially using the dark theme). Otherwise, seems fine enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a setting to remove the info/data on the right side inside threads? The stuff about Top Replies, Days, Posts, etc? Takes up a lot of real estate!!

The font was small to begin with but now somehow seems even harder to read a bit.

There's a floating annoying privacy terms logo in the bottom right corner.

Android phone. My immediate observations.
font does seem to be smaller but most browsers have options to make it larger (top right on chrome)

Maybe this is just on my end, but when I visit a thread I've already posted in, the screen gets broken up into two columns, the right side being some stats on "most popular posters", and a bunch of other totally unnecessary data.  Hope that's not permanent.  

bostonfred said:
Two things to check 

1) scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Theme footballguys dark. I was using it before and it reset to light during the upgrade 

2) click on the three lines menu button in the top right to go to account > account settings and choose content view settings. When i click on content go to latest unread content (instead of page 1).  So much better. 
OMG I've been running it the other way for 20 years, this is way better in the dark. 

Users who are viewing this thread