What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Updated Forum Software From Invision 1.11.21 (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hey Folks,

We've installed the update from Invision and you can see the forums look slightly different. Hopefully better. 

Mainly hope this helps with stability issues. We'd had trouble there and getting gateway errors. They think this will solve it. 

I did see the popup asking to sign up for the email update that is on the main site and we'll get that removed. I know people won't like that. 

I know nobody, including me, likes familiar things to change but this was needed to solve the stability problem. Please bear with us and give it a chance if there's stuff on the new version you don't like as much. 

Thanks. 

Is there a way to remove the persistent reCAPTCHA logo at the bottom?  It's not so bad on a computer, but big and annoying on a phone.

Pages frequently taking much longer to load today for me.

Also, can we get a revision to the star icon that marks threads posted in? It is tiny and easy to miss, which was the case previously and the icon was changed to fix that.

Is there a way on the mobile app when you open a topic that it takes one to the last post of that topic, i.e. the bottom.......not to the top of the last page?

I had this last year on a Forum Board if I remember it correctly.

Nice NEW look here folks!

Also, I was having continued problem with intermittent 500 level error messages. The forum would be ok for a few minutes and then after a few pages, I'd get the error.

Clearing cached images and files in my Chrome Browser seems to have helped with this so far.

If you're having trouble, maybe try clearing caches in your browser.

Apologies for the trouble. We pay Invision a bunch of money each month to host these and it's beyond frustrating to have them buggy. 

there are things i like about it.  mainly when you quote someone now and it hides majority of the quote.  thats cool

@Joe Bryant Do you have an answer for this one? I don't see it in every thread, but it's pretty annoying since the entire page of posts is now condensed to the left to make room for it.
Sorry I don't. It's possible we may be able to make some tweaks next month but that's way out for now. We're primarliy just trying to have it stable. 

Love the update @Joe Bryant. Really appreciate all the time and money you and the other owners have spent over the years maintaining/operating/upgrading the boards.  I know this isn’t a small expense.  

Thank you! 

Love the update @Joe Bryant. Really appreciate all the time and money you and the other owners have spent over the years maintaining/operating/upgrading the boards.  I know this isn’t a small expense.  

Thank you! 
Thank you @tommyGunZ It's been running much better for me since clearing browser cache so hopefully we'll get a little more stable for everyone. 

Pages frequently taking much longer to load today for me.
This is the case for me as well, like glacially slow, like I’m having geocities flashbacks.

Also wanted to chime in that I love the dark mode. I appreciate the condensed quotes as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Bryant said:
Sorry I don't. It's possible we may be able to make some tweaks next month but that's way out for now. We're primarliy just trying to have it stable. 
Understood and understandable. If it helps, it only seems to appear on posts over 2 pages. Assuming it's some default setting to give stats on longer threads.

Is this forum still loading exceptionally slow for others (especially on mobile)? Just checking to see if anyone else is having these issues or if it is some problem that might be on my end. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread