What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LSU 2019 v. Alabama 2020- Who wins? (1 Viewer)

Who wins if they play head to head on a neutral field at full strength?

• 2019 LSU

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • 2020 Alabame

Votes: 27 49.1%

• Total voters
Really? I’d be curious to hear why. Think the 2020 team is clearly better but I’m not informed enough to consider myself an expert.
They didn't have to play anybody with a defense this year, so it made their offense look better.  Bama defense was not that good this year either, relatively speaking of course.  Tua is better than Jones and I don't think it's that close.   I think it's easy to say that their D last year was better, but I'd consider the offense with basically the same players in addition to Waddle, Ruggs, Jeudy and Tua to be a more talented team.  

Somehow Bama was the only team that I know of that didn't have any covid issues even though the coach caught it twice.  Even OSU had 14 players out including half of the D line.   

They were clearly the best team this year.  I'm not trying to take that away from them, but they wouldn't beat last years bama team much less 2019 LSU.  

I'm going with the 2020 team since none of their best players are already in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn't have to play anybody with a defense this year, so it made their offense look better.  Bama defense was not that good this year either, relatively speaking of course.  Tua is better than Jones and I don't think it's that close.   I think it's easy to say that their D last year was better, but I'd consider the offense with basically the same players in addition to Waddle, Ruggs, Jeudy and Tua to be a more talented team.  

Somehow Bama was the only team that I know of that didn't have any covid issues even though the coach caught it twice.  Even OSU had 14 players out including half of the D line.   

They were clearly the best team this year.  I'm not trying to take that away from them, but they wouldn't beat last years bama team much less 2019 LSU.  
Gotcha.  So pre-Tua injury 2019 bama.   That receiving core was nuts.   4 guys that are going to go in the top 20 in their respective drafts.  That lsu receiving core is right there as well.  I'd probably go with that 2019 bama team as well.   

psychobillies said:

Thanks. Some good arguments there.

psychobillies said:

That's what makes this fun. We can disagree and really can't be proven right or wrong.

Georgia and notre dame had good defenses. Bama put up 41 on Georgia and 31 against the Irish. Texas A&M played decent defense most of the year, but barely showed up against the tide.  

I could be wrong, but I think most of their opponents gave up the most points to them out of any of their other opponents. (That's probably not written as clearly as I'd like)

And then they scored double Ohio State's average points allowed in the biggest game of the year. :shrug:

That's what makes this fun. We can disagree and really can't be proven right or wrong.

Georgia and notre dame had good defenses. Bama put up 41 on Georgia and 31 against the Irish. Texas A&M played decent defense most of the year, but barely showed up against the tide.  

I could be wrong, but I think most of their opponents gave up the most points to them out of any of their other opponents. (That's probably not written as clearly as I'd like)

And then they scored double Ohio State's average points allowed in the biggest game of the year. :shrug:
It was a really good team.  Great offense for sure. 

Users who are viewing this thread