What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best of Bama WR (1 Viewer)

An embarrassment of riches in the Alabama WR room of late. Who's going to have the best pro career?

• Jerry Jeudy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henry Ruggs

• Amari Cooper

• DeVonta Smith

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Jaylen Waddle

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Julio Jones

Votes: 51 89.5%
  • Calvin Ridley

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters

Ack88

Footballguy
What say you?

I'm going with Julio Jones. All the others will be good, very close in some cases, but Julio, when all is said and done will ultimately be the best of this stacked deck.

The correct answer is Don Hutson...his 1942 stats of 74-1211-17 would roughly translate to 200-3,250-45 in 2020...meaning they would be the second most impressive stats in football history behind Derrick Henry's high school career.

Julio Jones
Calvin Ridley
Amari Cooper
DeVonta Smith
Jaylen Waddle
Jerry Jeudy
Henry Ruggs

Although it's kind of unfair to compare prospects to finished careers. e.g., I like DeVonta Smith as a prospect more than I liked Calvin Ridley as a prospect. But Ridley has done a lot better than I expected in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I didn't even read the comments before wondering if Jones and Ridley might be upsetting your poll balance. Jones is HoF and if not for Dan Quinn and an utter collapse, would have made the catch of the ages during the SB, one we would see on repeat every time the subject came up if things had gone down differently.

These other guys would be very, very blessed to have careers like Jones's and even Ridley's so far.

I suppose someone could match Julio but tough comparison. 

more interesting to see if the rookies or incoming guys have a shot to be better than Amari or Ridley already are. 

I'm not shocked at all to see Julio win this in a landslide. He's literally a godlike human like Calvin Johnson was. The ultimate weapon.

I am shocked that Amari has 0 votes and DeVonta, Waddle, and Calvin all have a vote or a few. Calvin Ridley should probably be a distant #2 in this poll, Amari should be right behind him though. Looks like he's going un-noticed. 

Amari is not going unnoticed. You asked which will be the best and that is unequivocally Julio. If you wanted who was 2nd and who 3rd, you should have asked. You won't get that by counting up the votes from the handful of guys that don't know how special Julio is.

Amari is not going unnoticed. You asked which will be the best and that is unequivocally Julio. If you wanted who was 2nd and who 3rd, you should have asked. You won't get that by counting up the votes from the handful of guys that don't know how special Julio is.
I didn't ask this question, and I voted Julio for clarification. I can't honestly believe people would vote for rookies not even in the league yet > Amari, let alone the godlike human of Julio. If there's no votes for Amari and votes for these rookies, yes he's going unnoticed.

Users who are viewing this thread