Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Singers/musicians you should like but don't


Recommended Posts

Sheryl Crow sounds like a chipmunk.

John prine see above.

Bob Dylan see above.

Van Morrison cool youre a great singer you don't have to prove it on every note.

Phil Collins just never did it for me.

Janice Joplin sounds like a screaming hag.

There may be more.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I never got the appeal of Dylan and Springsteen. 
I don’t know if that’s because I think they’re vastly overrated or their music doesn’t do anything for me. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grateful zed said:

Sheryl Crow sounds like a chipmunk.

John prine see above.

Bob Dylan see above.

Van Morrison cool youre a great singer you don't have to prove it on every note.

Phil Collins just never did it for me.

Janice Joplin sounds like a screaming hag.

There may be more.

 

Replace Phil and Van with Seger and Thorogood and that's pretty much my list.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't stand Queen and they should be right in my wheelhouse.  It's Freddie's teeth, I have to confess.  I look at that overbite and I want scream for an orthodontist to come perform some emergency procedure to spare him from further embarrassment.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dave Mathews Band, i really don't enjoy their music and yet I know they are quality. It's like watching a movie that is beautifully shot but you fall asleep anyways. Their vibe just doesn't connect with me. 

Edited by Ministry of Pain
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, zamboni said:

It’s always Springsteen for me when this topic comes up.

Same for me.

Prince is another one. Just never enjoyed his music.

Last one isn't so much that I don't like, but I certainly don't like as much as most everyone else and that's the Beatles. I get that they were groundbreaking, and I don't mind listening to them and even like a few songs, but I've never found myself wanting to throw on some Beatles. I know @krista4 probably hates me now, but it is what it is.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rockaction said:

Dave Grohl bores me.

Same. Foo Fighters are uninteresting.

Eric Clapton sucks outside of bluesbreakers and Layla.  461 was   pretty good too.

Steve Perry's voice grates on me

Van Halen - hate'em

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Mister CIA said:

 

Eric Clapton sucks outside of bluesbreakers and Layla.  461 was   pretty good too.

 

Yeah, Clapton is like Scottie Pippen. Great in a complementary role, not so much when he’s the main guy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Steely Dan, outside of a few songs.  Too soft sounding or something, can't put my finger on it.

 

Also because of my love of Grateful Dead and Phish I guess I'm supposed to like every jam band.  A lot of them bore me.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

I never got the appeal of Dylan and Springsteen. 
I don’t know if that’s because I think they’re vastly overrated or their music doesn’t do anything for me. 

I’m not a fan of Dylan, but from what I understand, his writing is what makes him great. I don’t think anyone thinks he has a good voice.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

:hot:

nothing sounded like them on the radio at the time

I went on a long road trip and that's all my friend played.  Rooned it for me.

Or they would be in my meh category.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Several years ago The Hold Steady got a lot of oxygen on this board.  They are/were beyond awful. Hey guys, lets blend the sounds of Huey Lewis and Counting Crows!

TURRIBLE!

Edited by Mister CIA
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shuke said:

Also because of my love of Grateful Dead and Phish I guess I'm supposed to like every jam band.  A lot of them bore me.

On a similar note, I'm big into Phish and most of my friends from the Phish scene are really into the Dead, but I'm not. Other than employing extended jamming, they're nothing alike, and the Dead's approach mostly bores me. I prefer Jerry Garcia in side projects/session work as opposed to the Dead. 

Most of the other jam bands also bore me, at least the ones that made names for themselves in the late '90s/early '00s. Dunno what the landscape is like now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mister CIA said:
5 hours ago, rockaction said:

Dave Grohl bores me.

Same. Foo Fighters are uninteresting.

Eric Clapton sucks outside of bluesbreakers and Layla.  461 was   pretty good too.

Steve Perry's voice grates on me

Van Halen - hate'em

Grohl is more interesting as a guest musician than in his own band.

Always thought Clapton was boring. 

I liked both Journey and Van Halen more when I was younger. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Dave Mathews Band, i really don't enjoy their music and yet I know they are quality. It's like watching a movie that is beautifully shot but you fall asleep anyways. Their vibe just doesn't connect with me. 

it's not just you.  I know there is genius there but it's nails on a chalkboard to me

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dave Mathews Band is everything that sucks about Hartford, CT. He's enormously popular there, and they deserve each other.

  • Laughing 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Springsteen sounds like he's giving birth when he sings.

Dylan.

Prince. I know he's insanely talented.

The Eagles.  just so meh.

I like most Steely Dan, but Peg is the worst.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...