What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Singers/musicians you should like but don't (1 Viewer)

grateful zed

Footballguy
Sheryl Crow sounds like a chipmunk.

John prine see above.

Bob Dylan see above.

Van Morrison cool youre a great singer you don't have to prove it on every note.

Phil Collins just never did it for me.

Janice Joplin sounds like a screaming hag.

There may be more.

Sheryl Crow sounds like a chipmunk.

John prine see above.

Bob Dylan see above.

Van Morrison cool youre a great singer you don't have to prove it on every note.

Phil Collins just never did it for me.

Janice Joplin sounds like a screaming hag.

There may be more.
Replace Phil and Van with Seger and Thorogood and that's pretty much my list.

I can't stand Queen and they should be right in my wheelhouse.  It's Freddie's teeth, I have to confess.  I look at that overbite and I want scream for an orthodontist to come perform some emergency procedure to spare him from further embarrassment.  

Red Hot Chili Peppers. On paper, I should really like them, but I can't stand the vocals or the instrumentals. 

Dave Mathews Band, i really don't enjoy their music and yet I know they are quality. It's like watching a movie that is beautifully shot but you fall asleep anyways. Their vibe just doesn't connect with me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s always Springsteen for me when this topic comes up.
Same for me.

Prince is another one. Just never enjoyed his music.

Last one isn't so much that I don't like, but I certainly don't like as much as most everyone else and that's the Beatles. I get that they were groundbreaking, and I don't mind listening to them and even like a few songs, but I've never found myself wanting to throw on some Beatles. I know @krista4 probably hates me now, but it is what it is.

Steely Dan, outside of a few songs.  Too soft sounding or something, can't put my finger on it.

Also because of my love of Grateful Dead and Phish I guess I'm supposed to like every jam band.  A lot of them bore me.

I never got the appeal of Dylan and Springsteen. 
I don’t know if that’s because I think they’re vastly overrated or their music doesn’t do anything for me. 
I’m not a fan of Dylan, but from what I understand, his writing is what makes him great. I don’t think anyone thinks he has a good voice.

I'll 2nd steely dan and chilli peppers.

Add the pixies, God they bug me.

Jane addiction is horrible.

And the cars. Way to poppie

off the top of my head

Axl Rose

Robert Plant

Freddy Mercury

Dylan

Springsteen

Billy Joel

Billie Joe Armstrong

Chris Connell

Steven Tyler

Ozzy Osbourne

Several years ago The Hold Steady got a lot of oxygen on this board.  They are/were beyond awful. Hey guys, lets blend the sounds of Huey Lewis and Counting Crows!

TURRIBLE!

Also because of my love of Grateful Dead and Phish I guess I'm supposed to like every jam band.  A lot of them bore me.
On a similar note, I'm big into Phish and most of my friends from the Phish scene are really into the Dead, but I'm not. Other than employing extended jamming, they're nothing alike, and the Dead's approach mostly bores me. I prefer Jerry Garcia in side projects/session work as opposed to the Dead. 

Most of the other jam bands also bore me, at least the ones that made names for themselves in the late '90s/early '00s. Dunno what the landscape is like now. 

Dave Grohl bores me.
Same. Foo Fighters are uninteresting.

Eric Clapton sucks outside of bluesbreakers and Layla.  461 was   pretty good too.

Steve Perry's voice grates on me

Van Halen - hate'em
Grohl is more interesting as a guest musician than in his own band.

Always thought Clapton was boring. 

I liked both Journey and Van Halen more when I was younger. 

Springsteen sounds like he's giving birth when he sings.

Dylan.

Prince. I know he's insanely talented.

The Eagles.  just so meh.

I like most Steely Dan, but Peg is the worst.

Users who are viewing this thread