What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Singers/Musicians Everyone Should Like (1 Viewer)

Maynard James Keenan--even if you don't like his music--you have to respect the range of his creativity.   Three completely different projects with three completely different sounds--Tool, Pusicer, and A Perfect Circle.  Also was a big part in resurrecting the Arizona wine scene when he started Caduceus (Merkin Vineyards). He's not just stamping his name on wine that others are making. Dude is legit doing the dirty work. 

If you are talking about the person, then Dolly Parton, but I can't stand her music outside of Jolene. 

i really like ruston kelly right now hes a little california meets texas twang and i cant get son of a highway daughter out of my head and the video for mockingbird is a pretty good story its got some quasi adult content in it so i wont link it but its a good story take that to the bank bromigos 

Last edited by a moderator:
also really like isbell especially the overall message of going clean which i have for the most part take that to the bank brohans 

This thread is a disaster.

David Bowie?

The Police?

Is it supposed to be bands that YOU like that obviously not everyone does, or bands that everyone should like because they are universally likeable?  These two definitely do not fit that mold.

Now, Dolly Parton?  Yes.  Here's another:  John Denver.

Neil Diamond?  Probably.

Van Halen?  Yes, probably.

Elton John?  Yep.

Neil Young? No.

You could call this “the college party” test. If you were at a low key party in college and someone put a best of CD on instead of a mix, would people complain? 

zso Marley, who was kind of a cliche Amin early 90s college students. Bowie certainly qualifies. Prince probably qualifies. Most people at least like the hits. In my time, you hit a lot of the Eagles greatest hits, and somewhat more bafflingly Steve Millet. 

You could call this “the college party” test. If you were at a low key party in college and someone put a best of CD on instead of a mix, would people complain? 

zso Marley, who was kind of a cliche Amin early 90s college students. Bowie certainly qualifies. Prince probably qualifies. Most people at least like the hits. In my time, you hit a lot of the Eagles greatest hits, and somewhat more bafflingly Steve Millet. 
i look at it like a road trip and if you put a cd on 1 would it be awesome end to end and 2 would everyone in the car would be ok with it take that to the bank bromigo 

Steve Miller was def one of the 5 CDs in the tray in my college days. 

Slick Rick right there as well.

His stuff up through the Anthology I love and still play often ...his stuff after that ...not so much.

Like not at all ...ever.  
Saw him live a few years ago. Played that whole greatest hits album plus Abracadabra and that was about it. 

Was actually a great show though. He sounded good, crowd was into it (it was at a winery so everyone was blotto), would see again.

Users who are viewing this thread