Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Singers/Musicians Everyone Should Like

Maynard James Keenan--even if you don't like his music--you have to respect the range of his creativity.   Three completely different projects with three completely different sounds--Tool, Pusicer, and A Perfect Circle.  Also was a big part in resurrecting the Arizona wine scene when he started Caduceus (Merkin Vineyards). He's not just stamping his name on wine that others are making. Dude is legit doing the dirty work. 

• Like 1

Seconding Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder.

The Beach Boys, too.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

Toots Hibbert

you got that right brohan toots and maytals is good stuff i dont care who you are take that to the bank bromigo

• Like 2

i really like ruston kelly right now hes a little california meets texas twang and i cant get son of a highway daughter out of my head and the video for mockingbird is a pretty good story its got some quasi adult content in it so i wont link it but its a good story take that to the bank bromigos 

Edited by SWC

also really like isbell especially the overall message of going clean which i have for the most part take that to the bank brohans 

• Like 1

This thread is a disaster.

David Bowie?

The Police?

Is it supposed to be bands that YOU like that obviously not everyone does, or bands that everyone should like because they are universally likeable?  These two definitely do not fit that mold.

Now, Dolly Parton?  Yes.  Here's another:  John Denver.

Neil Diamond?  Probably.

Van Halen?  Yes, probably.

Elton John?  Yep.

Neil Young? No.

• Like 1

You could call this “the college party” test. If you were at a low key party in college and someone put a best of CD on instead of a mix, would people complain? 

zso Marley, who was kind of a cliche Amin early 90s college students. Bowie certainly qualifies. Prince probably qualifies. Most people at least like the hits. In my time, you hit a lot of the Eagles greatest hits, and somewhat more bafflingly Steve Millet. 

• Like 2
Just now, The General said:

Don’t diss on H+O in The General’s household.

wait ...I thought you posted this meaning "People think I should really like Hall & Oates but I don't".  

I thought YOU were dissing them ...so confused.

14 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

You could call this “the college party” test. If you were at a low key party in college and someone put a best of CD on instead of a mix, would people complain? 

zso Marley, who was kind of a cliche Amin early 90s college students. Bowie certainly qualifies. Prince probably qualifies. Most people at least like the hits. In my time, you hit a lot of the Eagles greatest hits, and somewhat more bafflingly Steve Millet. 

i look at it like a road trip and if you put a cd on 1 would it be awesome end to end and 2 would everyone in the car would be ok with it take that to the bank bromigo 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

wait ...I thought you posted this meaning "People think I should really like Hall & Oates but I don't".  

I thought YOU were dissing them ...so confused.

We are in agreement. H+O criminally underrated my fellow Oater. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Steve Miller was def one of the 5 CDs in the tray in my college days. 

Slick Rick right there as well.

7 minutes ago, The General said:

Steve Miller was def one of the 5 CDs in the tray in my college days. 

His stuff up through the Anthology I love and still play often ...his stuff after that ...not so much.

Like not at all ...ever.  

4 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

His stuff up through the Anthology I love and still play often ...his stuff after that ...not so much.

Like not at all ...ever.  

Saw him live a few years ago. Played that whole greatest hits album plus Abracadabra and that was about it. 

Was actually a great show though. He sounded good, crowd was into it (it was at a winery so everyone was blotto), would see again.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, zamboni said:
19 hours ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

Toots Hibbert

Gotta love that Coors Light is using “Pressure Drop” in one of its recent commercials.

You can make a glorious evening out of chasing down Pressure Drop covers on youtube.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Mister CIA said:

David Bowie.

23 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

Gord Downie

Fact: The literal English-Canadian translation of "David Bowie" is indeed "Gord Downie."  The same probably holds for the English-Welsh translation.

Edited by Mister CIA
  • Laughing 1