What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Impeachment Thread*** (1 Viewer)

If it wasn't so obviously prone to abuse, I would support some sort of mechanism for refusing to seat legislators who are obviously crazy or acting in bad faith.  The people of her district can elect whoever they want to their city council, school board, etc. but I don't see why the rest of us should have to bear the costs of their incompetence.

Part of me was happy this was happening. I think more craziness from the GOP will lead to fewer of these kinds of candidates. I mean they really cant read the room. 

But then I get nervous because that means we will have more of the opposite side of the bad policy coin elected.  

Not a good era in politics. 

Part of me was happy this was happening. I think more craziness from the GOP will lead to fewer of these kinds of candidates. I mean they really cant read the room. 

But then I get nervous because that means we will have more of the opposite side of the bad policy coin elected.  

I suspect this is incredibly popular in her district. 

I saw an argument over the summer (2020) that the crazies beget more crazies.  The working theory was that the Boebert types discourage rational people, especially younger ones, from wanting to associate themselves with the party.  This then leads to more extremists and crazies running for office, as that's all that's left.  More of those extremists win office in safe districts, further discouraging rational folks, rinse and repeat.  Certainly something to think about.

Last edited by a moderator:
every Democrat and Republican should embrace this - there is a lot to uncover with Joe and Hunter and Ukraine and investigations, special counsels and impeachment trials will keep integrity and transparency within our Govt 

I'd think anyway

I hope it's written in crayon...would be a nice touch.  Here's my position on it though....let them write the articles.  Good for you, go for it.  The problem you're going to run into is one of precedent.  She will not, in good faith, be able to bring any sort of credible articles of impeachment with no investigations of any sort.  I'm all for investigations...you think there's a problem?  Ok...go do the leg work, document it and bring it back to committee.  Show me you have tangible evidence of your claim and we can talk about it, and no Qanon narratives don't rise to the level of "tangible evidence".  

every Democrat and Republican should embrace this - there is a lot to uncover with Joe and Hunter and Ukraine and investigations, special counsels and impeachment trials will keep integrity and transparency within our Govt 

I'd think anyway
This person is talking about writing articles of impeachment on Jan 21, 2021 prior to any of the bold.  I'm sure this is on the up and up.  What is left to uncover that hasn't been uncovered already and investigate?  I know all the talking points that were brought up in the "whatabout" nonsense when deflecting away from Trump's words with Ukraine and every one of those has been debunked and put to rest.  Is this woman just rehashing those or is there something new?  Genuine question....tia.

This person is talking about writing articles of impeachment on Jan 21, 2021 prior to any of the bold.  I'm sure this is on the up and up.  What is left to uncover that hasn't been uncovered already and investigate?  I know all the talking points that were brought up in the "whatabout" nonsense when deflecting away from Trump's words with Ukraine and every one of those has been debunked and put to rest.  Is this woman just rehashing those or is there something new?  Genuine question....tia.
need to get it all going now - and if Biden is guilty, don't you want him out of office ASAP ?

need to get it all going now - and if Biden is guilty, don't you want him out of office ASAP ?
Sure. I wanted Harris as president all along. Probably going to have to wait until Republicans control either the House or Senate since Democrats get to decide right now.

That's not how it works at all.  Go by the rules....that's what "law and order" types expect.  You might have forgotten about that in recent years.  Some of us remain consistent.  If there's something he's found guilty of that rises to the bar of impeachment, then impeach him.  Chances are, given the precedents set, he'll never be removed from office, but I wouldn't be bothered if he was...do the crime, do the time.

I noticed, in true SC tradition, you didn't answer any of the meaningful part of my post (though you did quote it, so that's progress)....don't ever change :lol:    

Two things

1. When you open the door to Crazy Town, there are a whole bunch of whackos out there. Odds are pretty good that a couple of them will rise to a power position because bat #### crazy begets bat #### crazy. My guess would be, especially after the fiasco of 1/6, these will be one & done instances. Especially if they continue to try to grab the spotlight with sensational tactics such as this
  2. Some of this falls back to the left. Bringing impeachment proceedings is a very serious matter and should only be done in extreme circumstances. IMO, Donny's first run to the record didn't merit what Pelosi and her crew brought against him. Mainly because I think they did it out of spite more than actual substance but again, my opinion. When that happened, there were those on the right (even before bat #### crazy girl got elected) that said the next Democrat President had better watch out because impeachment was and will be on the table for pretty much every President going forward. Reap what you sow and all that.

For the record, I have no problem with Mr. Trump's second impeachment. He saw it, he wanted it and by God almighty, he went out and got it! #legacy 

I saw an argument over the summer (2020) that the crazies beget more crazies.  The working theory was that the Boebert types discourage rational people, especially younger ones, from wanting to associate themselves with the party.  This then leads to more extremists and crazies running for office, as that's all that's left.  More of those extremists win office in safe districts, further discouraging rational folks, rinse and repeat.  Certainly something to think about.
I definitely think the far right and far left are gaining in power. So it all makes sense. 

1. Some of this falls back to the left. Bringing impeachment proceedings is a very serious matter and should only be done in extreme circumstances. IMO, Donny's first run to the record didn't merit what Pelosi and her crew brought against him. Mainly because I think they did it out of spite more than actual substance but again, my opinion. When that happened, there were those on the right (even before bat #### crazy girl got elected) that said the next Democrat President had better watch out because impeachment was and will be on the table for pretty much every President going forward. Reap what you sow and all that.
I guess if something gets repeated enough times it becomes accepted, but I just don’t understand this. I really don’t. 
President Trump attempted to blackmail another country into fabricating an investigation that could be used against a political opponent. OF COURSE that’s an impeachable offense! It’s not even a question. He cheated in an election and risked our security doing so. Furthermore there is a direct line between that impeachable offense and this one. It absolutely merited impeachment and it’s to the shame of Republican senators that they voted against (except Romney.) 

I definitely think the far right and far left are gaining in power. So it all makes sense. 
I don't see the "far left" gaining in power at all.  If you want to say the far left's rhetoric is being amplified and publicized more than it used to be, I guess I'm on board, although I think that's more of a "extremism gets clicks" thing than anything else.  But to say the far left is gaining power seems wildly misguided.  The Democrats just nominated a POTUS candidate who was pretty much the most moderate candidate available.  Consider that Sanders did better in the 2016 primaries than in the 2020 primaries, which would be an indication of the far left losing power rather than gaining.  Admittedly, that's a single indication so small sample size certainly applies, as do other mitigating factors, such as "in 2016 he was running against a truly horrible candidate in Hillary".  I think there are other indicators out there too, in that we aren't seeing lots of moderate, incumbent Democrats being successfully primaried the way we're seeing it on the GOP side.

That's not how it works at all.  Go by the rules....that's what "law and order" types expect.  You might have forgotten about that in recent years.  Some of us remain consistent.  If there's something he's found guilty of that rises to the bar of impeachment, then impeach him.  Chances are, given the precedents set, he'll never be removed from office, but I wouldn't be bothered if he was...do the crime, do the time.

I noticed, in true SC tradition, you didn't answer any of the meaningful part of my post (though you did quote it, so that's progress)....don't ever change :lol:    
rules and procedures and processes can be thrown to the side - that much is clear - depending on who has the power and who doesnt

GOP will follow what DNC did - if they can't get Joe on Ukraine, they'll get him on something else, question his mental state, bring back Tara Reade ....  I just am curious to see how much defending he'll get from his supporters 

time will tell

If it wasn't so obviously prone to abuse, I would support some sort of mechanism for refusing to seat legislators who are obviously crazy or acting in bad faith.  The people of her district can elect whoever they want to their city council, school board, etc. but I don't see why the rest of us should have to bear the costs of their incompetence.
Same can be said about Pelosi, McConnell, etc. We are all beholden to people who only need to please a small group every 2 or 6 years.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
The Hill: Marjorie Taylor Greene says she will introduce impeachment articles against Biden | TheHill.
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/534178-marjorie-taylor-greene-says-she-will-introduce-impeachment-articles-against

I especially love how she blames all the violence in Washington on Joe. It must be because all these people are terrified at how corrupt China Joe is, blah blah blah.
Won't amount to anything. She should have been advised to wait until they won the majority back. Because you can guarantee a real impeachment will be brought forth then. For now this will be voted down pretty easily.

Stealthycat said:
rules and procedures and processes can be thrown to the side - that much is clear - depending on who has the power and who doesnt

GOP will follow what DNC did - if they can't get Joe on Ukraine, they'll get him on something else, question his mental state, bring back Tara Reade ....  I just am curious to see how much defending he'll get from his supporters 

time will tell
Shouldn't be....been consistent on this and I know that can be problematic for you, but actual rules and laws mean something to some of us still.  Here's a prediction of what the future holds.  His supporters will defend him and his detractors like yourself will do "whatabout"...rinse and repeat.  I'm sure there will be some false equivalence thrown in for good measure to maintain the status quo.  I'm willing to bet my life savings on it.

yak651 said:
I see they have learned from the Georgia senate elections...just keep going and the senate won't just be 50/50
Thats why Im OK with it.  I believe the moderates will cringe at this.  I believe they will impeachment-shame these folks into the corner.  If they dont, if the moderates get behind it ... Im all for it.  Lets investigate everyone.  Why not?  Folks got something to hide?

IvanKaramazov said:
Like Maxine Waters?

Rich Conway said:
I don't see the "far left" gaining in power at all.  If you want to say the far left's rhetoric is being amplified and publicized more than it used to be, I guess I'm on board, although I think that's more of a "extremism gets clicks" thing than anything else.  But to say the far left is gaining power seems wildly misguided.  The Democrats just nominated a POTUS candidate who was pretty much the most moderate candidate available.  Consider that Sanders did better in the 2016 primaries than in the 2020 primaries, which would be an indication of the far left losing power rather than gaining.  Admittedly, that's a single indication so small sample size certainly applies, as do other mitigating factors, such as "in 2016 he was running against a truly horrible candidate in Hillary".  I think there are other indicators out there too, in that we aren't seeing lots of moderate, incumbent Democrats being successfully primaried the way we're seeing it on the GOP side.
Agree.  As someone who is currently positioned on the left, I do not agree with all of AOC's stance nor do I see them gaining steam.

beer 30 said:
Some of this falls back to the left. Bringing impeachment proceedings is a very serious matter and should only be done in extreme circumstances.
Trump should have been removed from office for a good number of extreme circumstances but they were all "hard" and would not have been popular with voters.  The left as in the moderate and/or establishment democrats in the House of Representatives refused to touch the emoluments clause, the Russian interference in our elections, and the obstruction of justice clearly laid out in the Mueller report.  The Ukraine case was different because it was easy to grasp what happened and why it was wrong and was most definitely an impeachable offense.  He was guilty.  What happened a week ago is even clearer.  These all are extreme cases.  What equivalent do you have for Obama?  Or even W.

Now the premise of this thread is that the "left started it" so now the GOP needs its turn to impeach someone.  What is so sad about this is that I have little confidence that voters would punish such childish behavior.  Sure if Biden does some "offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust... injuries done immediately to the society itself " then he should be impeached and removed.   But if this is just "you started it" then :censored:  I hope voters show such displeasure!

Now the premise of this thread is that the "left started it" so now the GOP needs its turn to impeach someone.  What is so sad about this is that I have little confidence that voters would punish such childish behavior.  Sure if Biden does some "offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust... injuries done immediately to the society itself " then he should be impeached and removed.   But if this is just "you started it" then :censored:  I hope voters show such displeasure!
A large chunk of the unofficial Republican party platform in 2020 was, essentially, "Vote for me because I oppose hoax impeachments". It's gonna be difficult for them to suddenly pivot away from that. Obviously there's going to be a desire for retribution from a certain percentage of their constituents, but it takes more than the angry base to win a general election. I don't think that the "Impeach Biden!" crowd realizes that they're going to turn off a lot of moderate voters who opposed the impeachments of Trump.

A large chunk of the unofficial Republican party platform in 2020 was, essentially, "Vote for me because I oppose hoax impeachments". It's gonna be difficult for them to suddenly pivot away from that. 
No it is not. They will just argue that the impeachment of Trump was in fact a hoax, while this one against Biden is not. There is a very real chance that the republicans take the house in 2022 and we do in fact see them pass articles.

Stealthycat said:
Guilty of what? Taking money from China before becoming president? In what way would that be an impeachable offense?

A large chunk of the unofficial Republican party platform in 2020 was, essentially, "Vote for me because I oppose hoax impeachments". It's gonna be difficult for them to suddenly pivot away from that.
No it is not. They will just argue that the impeachment of Trump was in fact a hoax, while this one against Biden is not. There is a very real chance that the republicans take the house in 2022 and we do in fact see them pass articles.
Oh, I'm not saying that the Republican party won't attempt to justify their disingenuousness!

What I'm saying is that the past 2 months have made it more difficult for them to convince moderate or undecided voters that they are worthy of a vote.

Stealthycat said:

time will tell
It is obvious that you are not appalled by, repulsed by or very much concerned about Donald Trump. I had differences of opinion with the Bushes but was not appalled, repulsed by them and more importantly did not see them as a threat to Democracy. 

My view of Trump from the beginning was that he was thin skinned, selfish, extremely vindictive, autocratic/authoritarian and a bully. In short he lacked the temperament and ability to govern within a Democracy and would attack anyone who tried to check him.

Those concerns to me have been proven to be valid. We have seen an unprecedented attack by Trump on our Democracy. Trump was who I thought he was and did need to be checked. 

I do think that Joe Biden, who is a centrist with many years of service within government and with a demonstrated ability to tolerate dissent and compromise, is not the same threat to Democracy as Trump is. Far from it.

Your position to go after Biden in all ways sounds to me vindictive. I suppose It just politics to a degree.

But if you do not understand the concerns that so many had about Trump as a wanna be dictator you will be unsympathetic to the efforts to check him.

It comes down to whether you or I viewed Trump as a threat to Democracy.

Guilty of what? Taking money from China before becoming president? In what way would that be an impeachable offense?
It will be fun to watch Republicans claim with a straight face that it should be illegal for private citizens to make money.
Unless there is a quid-pro-quo.  Im not saying there is, but if there is evidence we should see it.  If Biden is guilty he should pay the price.

Trump should have been removed from office for a good number of extreme circumstances but they were all "hard" and would not have been popular with voters.  The left as in the moderate and/or establishment democrats in the House of Representatives refused to touch the emoluments clause, the Russian interference in our elections, and the obstruction of justice clearly laid out in the Mueller report.  The Ukraine case was different because it was easy to grasp what happened and why it was wrong and was most definitely an impeachable offense.  He was guilty.  What happened a week ago is even clearer.  These all are extreme cases.  What equivalent do you have for Obama?  Or even W.

To be honest, not looking for any. I didn't mention them but I'd be remiss if I glossed over a war with Iraq that we are still fighting and the Iranian thing with Obama. Not my point and I won't go any further with it.

To the second bolded line, I hope so too. I'm a Republican and pretty ashamed of what Trump turned into even knowing that going in, he was all the things he exemplified during his 4 years in office. To quote @Moonlight"thin skinned, selfish, extremely vindictive, autocratic/authoritarian and a bully". I made the mistake of voting for him in 2016, I did not vote for him in 2020 but I also didn't vote for Biden. Our whole system is broken and if the best that either party can offer is these two dolts, the next decade is going to be a true #### show as one side tries to one up the other. 

But that is up to voters.    I don't have a ton of confidence either, but "we the people" keep blaming our choices for being our choices.
This is the issue. Nobody in their right mind gets into politics the way it is. Sociopaths and egomaniacs mostly. Look at this latest round of GOPers. These are not mentally fit people.

• Thinking
Reactions: JAA
This is absolute nonsense.  Someone wake me up when multiple whistleblowers within his own administration and the intelligence community bring something to congress.  In which case, let’s see the evidence.  

this woman embarrassing herself on the house floor is not going to do the GOP any favours if they are serious about regaining any credibility. 

This is absolute nonsense.  Someone wake me up when multiple whistleblowers within his own administration and the intelligence community bring something to congress.  In which case, let’s see the evidence.  

this woman embarrassing herself on the house floor is not going to do the GOP any favours if they are serious about regaining any credibility. 
BUT HUNTER BAGMAN BURISMA LAPTOP FROM HELL?!?

It comes down to whether you or I viewed Trump as a threat to Democracy.
why does the left always say "Democracy" ?? do we not live in a Republic ?

Trump a threat - how? What laws/rules did Trump pass that is evidence of such?  If you mean words, man .... I got a video for you that shows the Democrats with words that make Trump look gentle

since we're talking threat .... BLM and ANTIFA are threats - don't you think? I can post links to the damages done in their protests. Do you think attacking police for the last 3-4 years isn't a threat? destruction of historic confederate monuments a threat?  banning people on social media because you don't agree with their political view - that isn't a threat? I mean there is a LOT going on that is a threat - adding 10 trillion in debt in 4 years is a threat, locking down the country and killing hundreds of thousands of small businesses is a threat.

but Trump running his mouth a threat?   no, I do not see why someone would think that

has Trump gotten us into wars? has he done any executive Orders that by-pass Congress and are "threatening" ?   or is it that you don't agree with conservatism and therefore have to label it "threatening" ??

I am curious the why behind you thinking Trump is/was a threat ?

Users who are viewing this thread