What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Impeachment Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I am curious the why behind you thinking Trump is/was a threat ?
If the President's own actions and words in the weeks leading up to the election and since don't give you a clue as to why people (including a lot of Republicans), think he is a threat then there is no point in listing them out.   

I understand that you may not agree but to be unable to understand why people have concerns is quite surprising to me.       

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the issue. Nobody in their right mind gets into politics the way it is. Sociopaths and egomaniacs mostly. Look at this latest round of GOPers. These are not mentally fit people.
I feel like this is low hanging fruit because of the craziness our boy Trump has brought to politics but there is a lot of broad brush painting going on regarding the GOP. We’re not all nuts and the further this goes, the fringe will be pushed to the forefront because none of the sane members will be willing to subject themselves to the persecution of being a Republican. 

Yes we have plenty of nut jobs that have road the Trump wave to office. It is my sincere hope they all get run and we get back to normality as soon as possible. There are good people in the Republican Party just as there within the Democratic Party. The sooner we drop the us vs them mentality, the better off this country will be.

I feel like this is low hanging fruit because of the craziness our boy Trump has brought to politics but there is a lot of broad brush painting going on regarding the GOP. We’re not all nuts and the further this goes, the fringe will be pushed to the forefront because none of the sane members will be willing to subject themselves to the persecution of being a Republican. 

Yes we have plenty of nut jobs that have road the Trump wave to office. It is my sincere hope they all get run and we get back to normality as soon as possible. There are good people in the Republican Party just as there within the Democratic Party. The sooner we drop the us vs them mentality, the better off this country will be.
Well said.  The quicker the GOP can move away from Trump and his loyalists the better but I fear it will be a long road ahead.

Was going to start a thread on this topic myself. It's inevitable. Any time one party uses a process for political theater, the other inevitably uses it too when the tables are turned. Then each party borrows each others language from the last time. Then call the other hypocrites. It will really be interesting after 2022.

I agree with this. Though there certainly should be an us vs. them mentality, not between D's and R's, but between rational people and Trump, Boebert, Gomert, Jordon, Gaetz, et al, and those who do not denounce them.

Was going to start a thread on this topic myself. It's inevitable. Any time one party uses a process for political theater, the other inevitably uses it too when the tables are turned. Then each party borrows each others language from the last time. Then call the other hypocrites. It will really be interesting after 2022.
How do you define political theatre?

If the President's own actions and words in the weeks leading up to the election and since don't give you a clue as to why people (including a lot of Republicans), think he is a threat then there is no point in listing them out.   

I understand that you may not agree but to be unable to understand why people have concerns is quite surprising to me.       
if there was consistency I'd maybe agree - if Democrats took stands against violence/riots/massive protesting etc in the past 4 years - but thy haven't

watch video - if Trump is a threat based on words, then we can agree Democrats are a massively equal threat right ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw72Iiy6wqU&fbclid=IwAR18Rp9zvtTBv47YTRQ80GToButV5BAqf2U-8rvJ_2PrbJL1-qPCMJY8zZs

if there was consistency I'd maybe agree - if Democrats took stands against violence/riots/massive protesting etc in the past 4 years - but thy haven't

watch video - if Trump is a threat based on words, then we can agree Democrats are a massively equal threat right ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw72Iiy6wqU&fbclid=IwAR18Rp9zvtTBv47YTRQ80GToButV5BAqf2U-8rvJ_2PrbJL1-qPCMJY8zZs
What makes Trump a threat is the words plus the power behind it -- the power to ensure that the Capitol is unprotected, and the power to prevent the National Guard from saving the police that his supporters killed.

What makes Trump a threat is the words plus the power behind it -- the power to ensure that the Capitol is unprotected, and the power to prevent the National Guard from saving the police that his supporters killed.
all the people in that video have power too - do you think they should all be removed from their positions ?

all the people in that video have power too - do you think they should all be removed from their positions ?
If they have the power over both the building and the police protecting it, yes.

- Trump made sure one of his own buildings was unprotected.
- Then he told his supporters to march on it.
- Then he refused to send help to defend it.

That combination of events has never before existed in American history, not with antifa, not with BLM, not even during the Confederacy.

Trump literally watched his own supporters kill his own employees, and he reportedly sat there enjoying it because he liked the attention.

Because WHATABOUTISM....that's why.  Some are completely unwilling to look at the events without it.  It's all about comparing the "sides" to each other rather than a common standard of normalcy and decency.  It's completely pointless to engage that approach.

If they have the power over both the building and the police protecting it, yes.

- Trump made sure one of his own buildings was unprotected.
- Then he told his supporters to march on it.
- Then he refused to send help to defend it.

That combination of events has never before existed in American history, not with antifa, not with BLM, not even during the Confederacy.

Trump literally watched his own supporters kill his own employees, and he reportedly sat there enjoying it because he liked the attention.
all the above is your point of view and its divisive and exaggerated and glorified to an extreme IMO 

In a word, yes
good, we can agree on that then 

now - why hasn't Democrats done the same across the board? that video is filled with hate and calls for violence - why didn't Democrats address any of that over the last 3-4 years? 

the capitol incident pales in comparison to what has happened in Portland and Dallas and Minneapolis and even in DC ...  if Trump is going to be held responsible for DC Capitol violence, who is to be held responsible for all the others in the last 4 years ?

good, we can agree on that then 

now - why hasn't Democrats done the same across the board? that video is filled with hate and calls for violence - why didn't Democrats address any of that over the last 3-4 years? 

the capitol incident pales in comparison to what has happened in Portland and Dallas and Minneapolis and even in DC ...  if Trump is going to be held responsible for DC Capitol violence, who is to be held responsible for all the others in the last 4 years ?
Got me, I'm not a Democrat and if I was i would have condemned the actions of all the rioters. Hope that helps you get through your day  :shrug:

ALL the riots were wrong but what took place in Portland/Dallas/Minneapolis/Anytown USA was a socially motivated response to a local injustice. And before everyone gets on me about using those terms, I'm not trying to belittle what happened. I don't have a problem marching and fighting for better, fair treatment by the police or calling out white bias where it exists. I do struggle with allowing a gang of misfits to take over a part of your city or federal buildings with no repercussions and night-after-night-after-night rioting.

The problem with comparing these instances with what happened on the 6th is that was a deliberate attempt to alter the outcome of a duly certified election for the President of the United States, as requested by the sitting President which is the definition of sedition and the ensuing insurrection that followed. That can not stand no matter how much whataboutism you schmear over it.

IvanKaramazov said:
If it wasn't so obviously prone to abuse, I would support some sort of mechanism for refusing to seat legislators who are obviously crazy or acting in bad faith.  The people of her district can elect whoever they want to their city council, school board, etc. but I don't see why the rest of us should have to bear the costs of their incompetence.
She is a wackadoo. Congressmen/women and senators like this need to be censured. ASAP. I mean holy molly.

why does the left always say "Democracy" ?? do we not live in a Republic ?

Trump a threat - how? What laws/rules did Trump pass that is evidence of such?  If you mean words, man .... I got a video for you that shows the Democrats with words that make Trump look gentle

since we're talking threat .... BLM and ANTIFA are threats - don't you think? I can post links to the damages done in their protests. Do you think attacking police for the last 3-4 years isn't a threat? destruction of historic confederate monuments a threat?  banning people on social media because you don't agree with their political view - that isn't a threat? I mean there is a LOT going on that is a threat - adding 10 trillion in debt in 4 years is a threat, locking down the country and killing hundreds of thousands of small businesses is a threat.

but Trump running his mouth a threat?   no, I do not see why someone would think that

has Trump gotten us into wars? has he done any executive Orders that by-pass Congress and are "threatening" ?   or is it that you don't agree with conservatism and therefore have to label it "threatening" ??

I am curious the why behind you thinking Trump is/was a threat ?
Short answer.

Failure to address and acknowledge substantiated Russian interference in 2016 election.

Interference with 2020 election through use of extortion on Ukraine to damage a political opponent

Repeatedly stating that 2016 election was rigged even though he won it.

Repeating ad nauseum that 2020 was rigged before and after his loss. The use of these BIG LIE tactics enraged many of his followers to believe that the election was stolen from them. Considerable damage has been done to the people's faith in the fairness of our elections and the democratic process.

Pressuring and extorting Republican congressmen to support and join his BIG LIE though there has not been evidence of material, substantial fraud presented. Many of such congressmen were unable to withstand that pressure or chose to join for perceived political advantage. The actions of these congressmen heighten public distrust in our system of government.

Pressuring and extorting state government officials to throw out results in his favor. Substantiated in the recorded phone call to Georgia SOS to magically find nonexistent votes.

Exciting the Washington mob to fight, not be weak and march on the Capital Building to prevent the election steal. This resulted in the storming of the Capital. Rioters stating that they were doing this for Trump.

I am looking forward to congressional hearings to determine what influence, if any, Trump had on the delay of support for Capital police that day. 

Trump is for himself not the country.

Why do you look at that crap?  I’d only ever seen the Pelosi tear. I already don’t like Nancy so :shrug:

Maybe try to stay away from the fringe?  I do and it doesn’t even come to my mind. 

:2cents:
By focusing on the fringe nothing gets accomplished and the divide widens. Which is the objective.

It's a feature; not a bug.

Why do you look at that crap?  I’d only ever seen the Pelosi tear. I already don’t like Nancy so :shrug:

Maybe try to stay away from the fringe?  I do and it doesn’t even come to my mind. 

:2cents:
Well that at least explains your question. Thanks. I was wondering if it was sincere.

Failure to address and acknowledge substantiated Russian interference in 2016 election.

Interference with 2020 election through use of extortion on Ukraine to damage a political opponent

Repeatedly stating that 2016 election was rigged even though he won it.

Repeating ad nauseum that 2020 was rigged before and after his loss. The use of these BIG LIE tactics enraged many of his followers to believe that the election was stolen from them. Considerable damage has been done to the people's faith in the fairness of our elections and the democratic process.

Pressuring and extorting Republican congressmen to support and join his BIG LIE though there has not been evidence of material, substantial fraud presented. Many of such congressmen were unable to withstand that pressure or chose to join for perceived political advantage. The actions of these congressmen heighten public distrust in our system of government.

Pressuring and extorting state government officials to throw out results in his favor. Substantiated in the recorded phone call to Georgia SOS to magically find nonexistent votes.

Exciting the Washington mob to fight, not be weak and march on the Capital Building to prevent the election steal. This resulted in the storming of the Capital. Rioters stating that they were doing this for Trump.

I am looking forward to congressional hearings to determine what influence, if any, Trump had on the delay of support for Capital police that day. 

Trump is for himself not the country.

Russia head hunt was faked - we all know that now. Ukraine was more Biden and Hunter than Trump, we all know that now. Trump said to peacefully protest - CNN didn't report that so most people don't know that.

As for election integrity - 

https://youtu.be/rNvgl38TLvI

Trump said to peacefully protest
That's the problem, actually.

When you use the phrase "peaceful" to describe unlawful behavior, and then you tell the criminals that they are special and that you love them, you are implying that you want the unlawful behavior to continue. Trump should have learned that lesson from the BLM/antifa riots, but instead he decided to copy them.

Russia head hunt was faked - we all know that now. Ukraine was more Biden and Hunter than Trump, we all know that now. Trump said to peacefully protest - CNN didn't report that so most people don't know that.

As for election integrity - 

https://youtu.be/rNvgl38TLvI
Trump is done tomorrow. Can we please just stop with the spin and lies? Trump committed clear impeachable offenses right out in the open. This is really not debatable. The only reason he wasnt already removed from office is the Republicans put their party over country and doing the right thing. Not an opinion. Simple plain fact.

This is rich

President Biden has demonstrated that he will do whatever it takes to bail out his son, Hunter, and line his family's pockets with cash from corrupt foreign energy companies," Greene said in a statement.

beer 30 sounds like the most reasonable man in the thread right now. It's incredible how both sides will backtrack and defend the absolute #### shows that their own leaders wrought in their respective areas, the latest of which was an attempt to deny democratic procedural norms and democracy itself.

The non-enforcement over the summer was galling, the recent events were a little more fundamental to our system operating as it should. Thank God, and I don't say this lightly, that Trump hadn't allied himself with real revolutionaries looking to take over the capitol. They might have succeeded and killed all of the politicians inside, something from which we likely couldn't have recovered while maintaining our democratic norms. We got incredibly lucky, actually.

I confess to not having read the two pages of this thread, but I am all for looking into impeachment charges on President Biden if indeed he did something (or allegedly did something) that warrants impeachment. Not being snarky here, just asking what it is he allegedly did that would warrant it. Is this related to a laptop or something?

This is the Qanon conspiracy lady who is largely responsible for Republicans losing 2 Senate seats in Georgia. The more she pushes for impeachment, the better for Democrats.

She thinks 9/11 was an inside job and that the Parkland school shooting was a hoax and that the dead students were "actors".

I'm all in favor of her becoming one of the prominent faces of the new Requblican Party. Long overdue, indeed.

MTG is going to be what democrats what AOC is to republicans.

It would behoove all normal human beings whose goal is progress to ignore both.

For those who have not been paying attention to this lovely lady, well, she is a real piece of work (really want to type something else there).

Here is her weeks after Parkland shooting harassing David Hogg because he won't listen to her insane false flag rants https://twitter.com/fred_guttenberg/status/1354420542678441986?s=20

She also expressed support for assasinating democrats on her facebook page https://www.businessinsider.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-expressed-support-for-assassinating-democrats-cnn-2021-1

She also commented in support of a conspiracy theory claiming that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton murdered, mutilated and drank the blood of a child https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-supported-clinton-child-murder-conspiracy-theory-before-running-congress-1564710

For those who have not been paying attention to this lovely lady, well, she is a real piece of work (really want to type something else there).

Here is her weeks after Parkland shooting harassing David Hogg because he won't listen to her insane false flag rants https://twitter.com/fred_guttenberg/status/1354420542678441986?s=20

She also expressed support for assasinating democrats on her facebook page https://www.businessinsider.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-expressed-support-for-assassinating-democrats-cnn-2021-1

She also commented in support of a conspiracy theory claiming that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton murdered, mutilated and drank the blood of a child https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-supported-clinton-child-murder-conspiracy-theory-before-running-congress-1564710
David Hogg on CNN discussing Marjorie Taylor Greene incident:

CNN @CNN 1h

"I absolutely remember that," Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg says about GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene confronting him before she was elected. "As I was told growing up, it's just better not to respond to bullies and just walk away." 

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1354780014508527618 (video clip at link)

I think soon we are going to see rumors of dementia with Joe

"I'd be happy to take questions if that's what I'm supposed to do, Nance," Biden told the speaker. "Whatever you want me to do."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1367259255699562504

he's not stable and they know it - no way they're letting him field questions with his mental state as fragile as it is

The president faced growing criticism for not holding a formal press conference in the six weeks since taking office.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1364008103834869762             this was him reading from a teleprompter .... he gets easily confused, loses train of thouhgt

The man isn't fit to lead is what we're seeing and few people are calling it what it is :(  

We continue to be unaware of how low the "unfit to lead" bar has been set.  :mellow:  

At this point "alive and a heartbeat" is pretty much all we demand :shrug:  

I think soon we are going to see rumors of dementia with Joe

"I'd be happy to take questions if that's what I'm supposed to do, Nance," Biden told the speaker. "Whatever you want me to do."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1367259255699562504

he's not stable and they know it - no way they're letting him field questions with his mental state as fragile as it is

The president faced growing criticism for not holding a formal press conference in the six weeks since taking office.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1364008103834869762             this was him reading from a teleprompter .... he gets easily confused, loses train of thouhgt

The man isn't fit to lead is what we're seeing and few people are calling it what it is :(  
Right now Biden is just the figurehead of the party. I truly think that was the plan all along as Biden was electable.  Get Biden in office and steer him where we want him to go.  It worked.

I get it as he is  78 and putting in those long hours in a demanding position he gets confused. 

Right now Biden is just the figurehead of the party. I truly think that was the plan all along as Biden was electable.  Get Biden in office and steer him where we want him to go.  It worked.

I get it as he is  78 and putting in those long hours in a demanding position he gets confused. 
to lead this country that's what we need for a President ?

someone who can be steered and long hours confused him ?

sorry - that's not a strong capable leader and shouldn't have nuke codes

Users who are viewing this thread