What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Loyal Opposition Thread - Clean House 2022 (1 Viewer)

It’s been 6 weeks.  There is no threat.  This is to insulate and protect an administration as they implement authoritarian measures.  
How do you know what threat there is or isn’t?

And what authoritarian measures?  Much of the guard has been in and around the Capitol?  Correct?  

So how is that anything close to an occupying force or how it is to insulate the administration?

sho nuff said:

And what authoritarian measures?  Much of the guard has been in and around the Capitol?  Correct?  

So how is that anything close to an occupying force or how it is to insulate the administration?
Reputable link to all the existing threats?

Read on USA Today that some of the insurrectionists are allegedly thinking something’s going to happen on March 4th, but after what they did at the urging of Trump, the government has to at least keep an eye on it.

Gas prices have increased fifty cents a gallon since Election Day.  Anyone surprised?
Gas prices are going to go up more due to refinery outages in Texas arising from the winter storm.

Also curious why you’re measuring from Election Day? We didn’t even know who the next president was going to be on Election Day. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I shouldn't react to this, but I can't help not comment on it. What is with certain posters not responding to a non funny post with nothing but a laughing like? I dont get it. 
You missed the conversations here before they banned this guy from single-use in the political forum :lmao:

That was the height of a sick burn.

Hey, I got no beef with it if it's well-placed (read: directed at [redacted]) but it was getting to be that every comment drew a rolling emoji.

I shouldn't react to this, but I can't help not comment on it. What is with certain posters not responding to a non funny post with nothing but a laughing like? I dont get it. 
It is a passive/aggressive way to ridicule and show contempt for a post and/or the poster without having to give any explanation as to why. 

It's a very loud sign to not waste your time nor energy on those who engage in such bad faith dialogue. 

Seems like a good program. I believe they were only a few weeks into it. Hopefully this is just an evaluation and they will recommence the program. 
Agree. And thanks for the link @knowledge dropper. I find this more helpful to discussion than simply saying "Biden is bad"

It’s been going on for a while.  They have had a couple of major busts in Ohio in the last year.  
Huh. I got that from a FoxNews article I read this morning. 

Operation Talon was suspended late last month, after being operational for just a few weeks before the Trump administration vacated the White House.”

GoBirds said:
I thought the stock market only benefits the wealthy though? Gas prices hurt everyone. 
Well that is true that an increase in gas prices hurts everyone but impacts the poor much more on a day to day basis as most are not invested in the market.  

But it doesn’t get to the point that Biden has had a bad presidency.
Just one item

He was ill prepared for the virus after telling us he was ready

Normalizing the rogue Iran government 

Moving away from energy independence  

Prioritized illegal immigrants over our own citizens 

Prioritized radical transgender agenda

Refunding WHO and Wuhan clinic with no answers or ownership

Re-escalating military presence in Middle East 

Dozens of slip ups including some that are blatantly racist

Continued military occupation and fortification of DC

Killing jobs with Pipeline cancellation 

Just one item

He was ill prepared for the virus after telling us he was ready

Normalizing the rogue Iran government 

Moving away from energy independence  

Prioritized illegal immigrants over our own citizens 

Prioritized radical transgender agenda

Refunding WHO and Wuhan clinic with no answers or ownership

Re-escalating military presence in Middle East 

Dozens of slip ups including some that are blatantly racist

Continued military occupation and fortification of DC

Killing jobs with Pipeline cancellation 
I think you are reaching.

For instance, regarding the bolded - we still got kooks on the right that think trump is going to be sworn in on March 4.  And we have no idea of any intel of emerging threats.   We had an unprecedented threat last month and members of gop are still going on tv casting doubt on the election results - Scalise did it yesterday.

I know you want to see several of these things through a certain filter - but you got to use some logic.

Will you find any Biden supporters in here who think this is a good thing? Doubtful
Nope.  Not good, hopefully being treated ok and released to fosters quicker.  And hopefully very temporary while they get their own immigration plan into place.

But...I will also note the difference that some that support Trump always mix in here...the bigger criticism was about separating families...not unaccompanied children.  While still a problem, the first is what drew the most criticism and was the bigger differences being discussed.

Will you find any Biden supporters in here who think this is a good thing? Doubtful
Yeah, that’s not a good look for Biden, and the focus should be on fostering those that can’t be reunited with their families, however the latter should be top priority, I feel.

Nope.  Not good, hopefully being treated ok and released to fosters quicker.  And hopefully very temporary while they get their own immigration plan into place.

But...I will also note the difference that some that support Trump always mix in here...the bigger criticism was about separating families...not unaccompanied children.  While still a problem, the first is what drew the most criticism and was the bigger differences being discussed.

So THAT’S the spin.  Thanks. 
Nope...no spin...its the fact that you are doing this.

Trump was criticized for both...and Biden should be criticized for this as well.

But Trump was more criticized for the separation which differed from both Obama and seemingly Biden (and from this situation which is not about that)

But of course, to play victim, we have to act as if its all the same.  

We will see if the average stays at such facilities are lower than before...hopefully so.  

Nothing in the article talks about them not trusting Biden...but that is what you get when you continue to peruse such awful sources.  Which is why they get quotes from Dan Bongino...pump him up as ex Secret Service rather than what he has been doing recently which is presenting baseless conspiracy theories (like how the election was stolen) and his political failures trying to run for office.  He has no credibility in talking about Biden or really what he claims Democrats think at this point.  Problably why he is on Hannity.

Nothing in the article talks about them not trusting Biden...but that is what you get when you continue to peruse such awful sources.  Which is why they get quotes from Dan Bongino...pump him up as ex Secret Service rather than what he has been doing recently which is presenting baseless conspiracy theories (like how the election was stolen) and his political failures trying to run for office.  He has no credibility in talking about Biden or really what he claims Democrats think at this point.  Problably why he is on Hannity.
Would you let Joe Biden drive your kids to school?

Users who are viewing this thread