What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Dallas Cowboys - SIZZLER Open for a limited time. SF @ DAL (1 Viewer)

Can Erving left yesterday in case anyone missed it

2 yrs 10 mil

😳

Joe Thomas gone also

JP Ladouceur gone, replaced by Rams Jake McQuaid

Ladouceur played in 253 games as a Cowboy, 2 short of Wittens record.

I can’t remember a single bad snap 

Last edited by a moderator:
Can Erving left yesterday in case anyone missed it

2 yrs 10 mil

😳

Joe Thomas gone also

JP Ladouceur gone, replaced by Rams Jake McQuaid

Ladouceur played in 253 games as a Cowboy, 2 short of Wittens record.

I can’t remember a single bad snap 
They didn’t want him breaking Wittens record is my only guess. Joe Thomas hurts. He’s a good LB who unlike the other 3 bigger names, is always available. 

Oh look, Dallas is going to go with the “sit around while all the good players get signed, then spend a lil on a few guys that are either coming off injury, washed up or washed up and coming off injury” strategy.

Cant really argue with this, it’s really worked well for the last several years

🙄

Oh look, Dallas is going to go with the “sit around while all the good players get signed, then spend a lil on a few guys that are either coming off injury, washed up or washed up and coming off injury” strategy.

Cant really argue with this, it’s really worked well for the last several years

🙄
I dont think they have any money to spend. Gonna have to carry over some to pay for what we have. 

Oh, and get ready to get lit up by Fitzmagic twice
I think they picked the wrong guy. They needed a game manager, not a gunslinger.

The defense won’t be nearly as bad as last season even if you don’t add a single player just by virtue of going back to the 4-3. 

So Dallas D is too good for Aldon Smith....🤦‍♂️
Yeah that seems dumb given what his price likely is. I know he fell off a cliff but I imagine a lot of that had to do with being out of the game for so long. OTH, he should have been getting better, not worse as the season went on. 

Yeah that seems dumb given what his price likely is. I know he fell off a cliff but I imagine a lot of that had to do with being out of the game for so long. OTH, he should have been getting better, not worse as the season went on. 
Yes. But also based on his reputation, the team could possible have some foresight on potential problems. Maybe who he’s running with or what he’s doing. Not saying he’s doing ANYTHING wrong but we don’t know that either. 

So Dallas D is too good for Aldon Smith....🤦‍♂️
McCarthy was asked why the team decided to move on without the pass rusher and he said that they have not made that decision. He said that he was involved in a conversation about Smith on Wednesday and that the door has not been shut on a return.

“That’s still fluid. I personally haven’t moved on. We’re still talking there,” McCarthy said.

profootballtalk

🤷🏻‍♂️

And a free safety....

Damontae Kazee

That's two Dan Quinn DB's

Not liking this as much as the Neal signing...this one has a torn achilles

Although it sounds like a one year, "prove it" deal. 

And he does get INT's, which we sorely lack.

McCarthy was asked why the team decided to move on without the pass rusher and he said that they have not made that decision. He said that he was involved in a conversation about Smith on Wednesday and that the door has not been shut on a return.

“That’s still fluid. I personally haven’t moved on. We’re still talking there,” McCarthy said.

profootballtalk

🤷🏻‍♂️
Hope they make an effort, I believe they can use him.

Who are your pet cats at 10 in the draft?

I didnt watch one moment of CFB last year. 

I want the meanest, biggest, baddest, road grading, mauler of an offensive linemen in the draft. I dont care if we have to move up to get him. I think thats the dude from northwestern but :shrug:  

How about you? 

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m starting to warm up to the idea of Pitts. 

If we score 50 every game we won’t have to worry about defense. Lol.
I think Pitts will be gone before we pick. He is a talent for sure. I also understand your desire of an OT, but we have to invest in the defense IMO. I think we are OK 1 more year with Smith/Collins. 

I’m warming up to the idea of trading back a few spots from 10. Grab a CB (Horn maybe), or a rusher (Michigan DE). Then with the extra picks we get, combine it with our 2nd pick and trade back up into the last few picks of the first. There a ton of LBs, CB’s, and Dline available in the 25-32 spots. 

If we pick at 10 - I predict it will be (Surtain, Sewell or Slater). 

I think Pitts will be gone before we pick. He is a talent for sure. I also understand your desire of an OT, but we have to invest in the defense IMO. I think we are OK 1 more year with Smith/Collins. 

I’m warming up to the idea of trading back a few spots from 10. Grab a CB (Horn maybe), or a rusher (Michigan DE). Then with the extra picks we get, combine it with our 2nd pick and trade back up into the last few picks of the first. There a ton of LBs, CB’s, and Dline available in the 25-32 spots. 

If we pick at 10 - I predict it will be (Surtain, Sewell or Slater). 

I would be happy with Surtain. I don’t want Horn. 

I also respectfully disagree about relying of Smith to stay healthy. I’m a big fan but I mean it’s been YEARS since he has been healthy. 

Im only a fan of trading back if it means you still get the guy you want. I’m a big believer in trading up when it’s possible to use later picks (5th-7th) to do so. In a perfect world I would never ever draft in rounds 5/6/7. 

Give me Surtain at 10 if Sewell is gone, then hope that some way Jamin Davis falls to 2.10. Love the guys motor, reminds me of Dexter Coakley in the day. If he’s gone, maybe Jabril Cox.

Give me Surtain at 10 if Sewell is gone, then hope that some way Jamin Davis falls to 2.10. Love the guys motor, reminds me of Dexter Coakley in the day. If he’s gone, maybe Jabril Cox.
I loved me some Dexter!!! Had his Jersey. 

Dat Nguyen, Dexter, and Sean Lee- all wonderful but undersized LBers. 

Coakley 😍

I loved me some Dexter!!! Had his Jersey. 

Dat Nguyen, Dexter, and Sean Lee- all wonderful but undersized LBers. 
Dex was a customer of mine and just a super good dude. Probably the one of the best open field form tacklers ever, and a team leader. His freakish athletic ability was crazy good for a 5’9 LB. I remember at Valley Ranch he maxed at bench press of 435 lbs, and weighed 225. Huge hands when you shook them compared to his height. Lol

Yes. But also based on his reputation, the team could possible have some foresight on potential problems. Maybe who he’s running with or what he’s doing. Not saying he’s doing ANYTHING wrong but we don’t know that either. 
So, I may have been right. Looks like we dodged a bullet:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/seahawks-aldon-smith-wanted-for-alleged-second-degree-battery-in-new-orleans/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

Users who are viewing this thread