What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Dallas Cowboys - SIZZLER Open for a limited time. SF @ DAL (1 Viewer)

I think it’s pretty clear that if a trade down does not happen - we are taking one of:

Pitts

Sewell

Slater

Surtain

Horn

I will say I find it odd how Dallas has shown public interest in Surtain/Horn even showing vids of the interviews. 

Smoke screen or reverse physiology?
Agreed. I think you’re on to something. The more I read about the two CB the less I like them.

-Horn misses tackles, gambles a lot but only has two INTs to show for it. 

-Surtain is kinda slow and was surrounded by talent. I just don’t think he’s a top 10 pick, just the best CB of this class. 

I think we’re going Pitts if he drops or we use some of those extra picks to move up. If he doesn’t fall in our laps we take Slater. 

I say our board is:

Pitts

Slater

Dark horse /Parsons 

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. I think you’re on to something. The more I read about the two CB the less I like them.

-Horn misses tackles, gambles a lot but only has two INTs to show for it. 

-Surtain is kinda slow and was surrounded by talent. I just don’t think he’s a top 10 pick, just the best CB of this class. 

I think we’re going Pitts if he drops or we use some of those extra picks to move up. If he doesn’t fall in our laps we take Slater. 

I say our board is:

Pitts

Slater

Dark horse /Parsons 
I believe Pitts is gone by 10 so I don’t believe that’s happening unless we trade up. 

I prefer Sewell way over Slater(short arms) despite his nastiness. 

I go back and forth on the corners. 
Surtain is more smooth and disciplined. 
Horn is a dog with swagger who will ball. 

If you put a gun to my head to pick, I think Surtain is the better fit and would compliment Diggs best, but I just think there is a greater intangible with Horn that this defense lacks. 

Ultimately, I like sure things in the first round. I go Surtain - but it’s reallllllllly close and tough. 

Right?  Just like when Witten retired like a day before the draft.

Parsons very well could be the pick here.
It would not surprise me - with Parsons.

I do think Quinn wants a shot to coach up LVE and Smith. I think CB is the greater need, but I don’t have a strong sense of Parsons game though. 

Pitts’ Dad said Jerry said he’s gonna shock the world. 
Oddly enough I’m ok with it if he’s truly the goods. He’s gotta be better than Jimmy G/Gonzales territory though. 

This offense is capable of putting up 50 a game. If you can do that it makes playing defense a whole lot easier. 

Also, I can’t believe I’m saying all of this. That second Covid shot I got on Tuesday is worse than I thought. :loco:

Oddly enough I’m ok with it if he’s truly the goods. He’s gotta be better than Jimmy G/Gonzales territory though. 

This offense is capable of putting up 50 a game. If you can do that it makes playing defense a whole lot easier. 

Also, I can’t believe I’m saying all of this. That second Covid shot I got on Tuesday is worse than I thought. :loco:
Don't think they'd have the ammo to move up.  But man, they'd have the most talented receiver group in nfl history?

It would be just “so Jerry”. 
I would literally be shocked. 

If we don’t address this defense it’s gonna be a long decade. 

:towelwave: . We tend to dominate this time of year. Better than the regular season.  :bag: It will all pay off one of these days. 

Why would Philly be trying to jump in front of you?
To get Surtain or get Smith before the Giants took him?  We may never know, but they were on the phone with the Broncos.  

ETA - probably the latter since they traded with us. They obviously wanted to move up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
To get Surtain or get Smith before the Giants took him?  We may never know, but they were on the phone with the Broncos.  
Probably to get ahead of the NYG and get Smith.  But we traded with you for cheaper than it would have been to trade with Denver for the same player.

Probably a good trade for both teams.  Actually DAL, PHI, NYG all kinda maneuvered and got what they wanted.

Probably to get ahead of the NYG and get Smith.  But we traded with you for cheaper than it would have been to trade with Denver for the same player.

Probably a good trade for both teams.  Actually DAL, PHI, NYG all kinda maneuvered and got what they wanted.
Wrong. Pick 9 is 50 points higher than pick 10. We fleeced you for 70 points in trade value.  :thumbup:

Wrong. Pick 9 is 50 points higher than pick 10. We fleeced you for 70 points in trade value.  :thumbup:
What?  Yes, the cost of us moving up to 9 would have been more than it was to move up to 10.

How did you fleece us?  We got our guy that we wouldn't have gotten staying at 12.

What?  Yes, the cost of us moving up to 9 would have been more than it was to move up to 10.

How did you fleece us?  We got our guy that we wouldn't have gotten staying at 12.
84 was the only pick you had in the trade value range, it's the same offer you gave the Broncos. We fleeced in two ways. 

1- 70 points in trade value, you cant argue that, its math

2 - you gave us an extra top 100 pick instead of giving it to the non-conference Broncos

I wasn’t super excited about Surtain or Horn. They were just positional needs. They’re gonna want phat contracts given their pedigree. 

Penn State Linebacker? F yeah!!!

And I’m not high on Smith so it’s all good that the Eagles got him. Too small imo. 

84 was the only pick you had in the trade value range, it's the same offer you gave the Broncos. We fleeced in two ways. 

2 - you gave us an extra top 100 pick instead of giving it to the non-conference Broncos
What are you talking about with 70 points in trade value?  Yes we gave up a pick to get in front of the NYG and get our player... trade ups cost money, and Smith would not have been there at 12.

Denver clearly said no to us offering them pick 84.  You guys said yes.

I wasn’t super excited about Surtain or Horn. They were just positional needs. They’re gonna want phat contracts given their pedigree. 

And I’m not high on Smith so it’s all good that the Eagles got him. Too small imo. 
A lot of people agree with you. We need to stop the run too. Plenty of CBs later on. 

Meh. The Eagles got the guy they wanted. That’s all that matters to them. 

Wouldn't you rather the Giants got them over us?  Giants are probably more of a threat to you this year than the Eagles are.

What are you talking about with 70 points in trade value?  Yes we gave up a pick to get in front of the NYG and get our player... trade ups cost money, and Smith would not have been there at 12.

Denver clearly said no to us offering them pick 84.  You guys said yes.
There are trade value charts. You didnt know that? 

There are trade value charts. You didnt know that? 
Yes but what are you talking about?  If we went to 9 or 10, we were taking the same guy.  Denver wanted more than pick 84, so we got that deal with Dallas.  We got the same guy at 10 we would have taken at 9, and gave up less for it.  Not sure what you're going off on at all.

Yes but what are you talking about?  If we went to 9 or 10, we were taking the same guy.  Denver wanted more than pick 84, so we got that deal with Dallas.  We got the same guy at 10 we would have taken at 9, and gave up less for it.  Not sure what you're going off on at all.
Sorry doesnt get any simpler. Yes you got the guy you wanted. So did we and we took your pick in the process. You would have much more preferred that Denver took the deal. 

Users who are viewing this thread