Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** Official 2021 Dallas Cowboys *** Mini-camp Dan Quinn has won everybody over and Mike McCarthy is also here.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol, you sound like that MoDogg guy in the NBA thread when he is talking about the Boston Celtics

Cool thread

We have a ton of picks - let’s package a few a get back into the late first. 

3 minutes ago, Bankerguy said:

Will research these 3rd rounders -  not loving it though. 

It’s not best player available. But it’s needs with guys they like that are NFL ready. Not high ceilings, but, can jump right into the rotation. 

Posted (edited)

Wright pick was a reach. No doubt, seventh rounder. 2 better CBs off the board after that pick.  

I will stick with Gholston pick being good. Brugler came out of his seat when it was announced.  

Edited by tonydead
Posted (edited)

Meh, I mean Im not going to pretend to know anything about these guys and can only go by what I read about them but I like their size, specifically on Wright and Gholston. 

Wright fits the Browner/Sherman mold which I absolutely adore. We need safeties to cover the top but if Wright can just get his hands on the small WRs they wont be able to get off the line. 

Oddly enough, other than being a sure tackler, I dislike the Joseph pick more than the others. I like his aggressiveness but dislike dudes who cant control their temper. 

I like the UCLA kid. I have always been a big believer in incredibly tall outside pass rushers (Gholston) and rather short interior guys (Odighizuwa). Back when I played football I always noticed how short guys could be incredibly effective and more agile on the Dline. Obviously Im not suggesting this guy will be Aaron Donald, but Donald proves my point. 

We need defense and thats what were getting. Personally, and some of you will get sick of me saying this, but I think the biggest improvement will be us going back tot he 4-3. Thats the singular most important move to improve this defense. 

Overall, Im happy with what we have. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
35 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I like their size, specifically on Wright and Gholston. 

Wright fits the Browner/Sherman mold which I absolutely adore. We need safeties to cover the top but if Wright can just get his hands on the small WRs they wont be able to get off the line.

Don't know much about the other guys, but can weigh in on Wright a bit.  I'm a big Oregon State fan and have seen Nahshon play a lot over the last 2 years.  He is a junior college transfer from Laney (you might have seen "Last Chance U" on Netflix, and if you haven't you should... Great show and it mainly shows his brother who also went the Laney to Oregon State route, but they talk about Nahshon a bit too)

Was a bit surprised to see him come out of college this year, and thought he needed another year to bulk up a bit and become more physical.  He was good at Oregon State but never really had to deal with big receivers... really struggles against tall, strong, and aggressive receivers.  I was excited to see where he would go and hoped he got drafted.  Obviously was disappointed he went to a rival team, but happy for him that he got drafted so high.  Seems like they could have easily had him in the 5th or 6th round though, went way earlier than expected.

@Manster can probably give a good take on him.  He's an Oregon State guy too AND a Cowboys fan so he will be in the know about this pick a lot.

• Thanks 1

LOVE IT! Jabril  should have went in the second round and will put Smith on notice. This guy is a baller and just another commitment to a rebuild of our sucky defense. The  Gholston pick we got from Philly and this steal will pay dividends in my opinion. Great job Dallas.

Posted (edited)

Positive write up on Cox

Kent Lee Platte

@MathBomb

Jabril Cox is a LB prospect in the 2021 draft class. He scored a 9.73 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 59 out of 2153 LB from 1987 to 2021. Using numbers from @BKubena, splits projected, times unofficial. https://relativeathleticscores.com/ras-information/?PlayerID=19069&pos=LB… #RAS

My favorite quote among many positive ones:

“Jabril Cox is the exact kind of player that NFL DCs should be looking for to deal with the giant, athletic tight ends that are wreaking havoc on their defenses.”

• Like 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Brugler says Josh Ball is a top 100 talent if not for the off field issues.  

Cowboys have no problem getting a guy with off the field problems 😂

2 hours ago, G-King said:

LOVE IT! Jabril  should have went in the second round and will put Smith on notice. This guy is a baller and just another commitment to a rebuild of our sucky defense. The  Gholston pick we got from Philly and this steal will pay dividends in my opinion. Great job Dallas.

Cox is a stud.  No clue how he slipped so far.

44 minutes ago, Rig24 said:

Cowboys have no problem getting a guy with off the field problems 😂

Saying charges were dropped, but🤷🏼‍♂️

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Only took 20 years. Every team should have a tall fat guy who just doesn't move. 

Wouldn't want to pay his grocery bill. Probably eats 8x me and my fit 130 lbs.

Edited by The Man With No Name
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I like the UCLA kid. I have always been a big believer in incredibly tall outside pass rushers (Gholston) and rather short interior guys (Odighizuwa). 

From pff -

No interior defensive lineman was more dominant at the Senior Bowl than Odighizuwa. He was the highest-graded player at the position both during the week of practice and in the game itself, winning with power and quickness. Odighizuwa also has four seasons of solid-run defense grades on his resume from his time at UCLA. He addresses a clear area of need for Dallas. 

• Like 1

Our Corners

Trevon Diggs 6'2" 195 lbs

Jourdan Lewis 5'10", 195 lbs (our slot guy)

Kelvin Joseph 6' 1", 192 lbs

Nahshon WrightT 6' 4", 188 lbs

Israel Mukuamu  6' 4", 205 lbs

Ive ALWAYS wanted tall CBs. This is like a wet dream for me schematically. We need a good safety to cover the top, IF the WRs can get past these behemoths at corner and their press coverage. 

• STEADYMOBBIN 22 changed the title to *** Official 2021 Dallas Cowboys *** Our 6'4" corners make sure all your WRs don't go!! Legion of BOOM 2.0
13 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Our Corners

Trevon Diggs 6'2" 195 lbs

Jourdan Lewis 5'10", 195 lbs (our slot guy)

Kelvin Joseph 6' 1", 192 lbs

Nahshon WrightT 6' 4", 188 lbs

Israel Mukuamu  6' 4", 205 lbs

Ive ALWAYS wanted tall CBs. This is like a wet dream for me schematically. We need a good safety to cover the top, IF the WRs can get past these behemoths at corner and their press coverage. 

I am hearing whispers Israel will be playing safety.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Hastur said:

I figured one of these dudes would be if Neal doesn’t work out. They’re so damn big. 

Imagine if we got lucky and found a Kam Chancellor :excited:. I mean his measurables weren’t special. Ran a slow forty and came from nowhere, tech or some ####. 

6 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I figured one of these dudes would be if Neal doesn’t work out. They’re so damn big. 

Imagine if we got lucky and found a Kam Chancellor :excited:. I mean his measurables weren’t special. Ran a slow forty and came from nowhere, tech or some ####. 

Don't tease me

• STEADYMOBBIN 22 changed the title to *** Official 2021 Dallas Cowboys *** Our 6'4" corners make sure all your WRs don't go!! Legion of.... uh, ROOM....for improvement
Posted (edited)

https://insidethestar.com/why-cb-kelvin-joseph-is-the-best-pick-of-the-cowboys-2021-class/amp/

This guy is just a kid, so with some maturity and veteran leadership to hold him accountable I think he’s going to be a stud for us. I love this pick at a position of need. 
 Joseph + Best LB in the draft and the Eagles 3rd rounder is WAYYY better than Surtain minus whatever we would had to give to move up for him ( probably our second round pick and more).

Edited by G-King
  • Like 1

Cowboys don't pick up Vander Esch's 5th year option

I love the kid, but he just can't stay healthy.

With the drafting of two LB's, I think we saw this coming.

I do hope he can stay on the field this year.

I read there is talk Smith could be released post June 01, so Leighton's time may not be over...

1 hour ago, Mr. Landry said:

Cowboys don't pick up Vander Esch's 5th year option

I love the kid, but he just can't stay healthy.

With the drafting of two LB's, I think we saw this coming.

I do hope he can stay on the field this year.

I read there is talk Smith could be released post June 01, so Leighton's time may not be over...

Hope this lights a fire under him. He has a unique skillset but the health is a problem. If he balls out and stays healthy he'll get a new deal. 

On 5/1/2021 at 1:59 PM, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Positive write up on Cox

Kent Lee Platte

@MathBomb

Jabril Cox is a LB prospect in the 2021 draft class. He scored a 9.73 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 59 out of 2153 LB from 1987 to 2021. Using numbers from @BKubena, splits projected, times unofficial. https://relativeathleticscores.com/ras-information/?PlayerID=19069&pos=LB… #RAS

My favorite quote among many positive ones:

“Jabril Cox is the exact kind of player that NFL DCs should be looking for to deal with the giant, athletic tight ends that are wreaking havoc on their defenses.”

From PFF (they had him as lb 6)

Day 3: Jabril Cox was the top player on PFF’s Big Board entering Day 3. We projected him as a second-round prospect. He is such a smooth player in coverage, showing as much both at North Dakota State and LSU in zone coverage, when going up against tight ends and while covering the slot. This past year for the Tigers, Cox ranked third among Power Five off-ball linebackers in coverage grade. His play strength isn’t anything special, though.

On 5/2/2021 at 10:01 PM, Hastur said:

Jeff Heath got cut by the Raiders :oldunsure:

Antwaun Woods cut today. 
I believe he just re signed last month 🤦‍♂️

• STEADYMOBBIN 22 changed the title to *** Official 2021 Dallas Cowboys *** Schedule out - Tom Brady set to play the last game of his career.

Fun Fact:

The last time the Cowboys and Bucs faced off in Week 1 was the 2001 season.  Brad Johnson's first game as a Buccaneer.  The Bucs held the Quincy Carter led Cowboys to 34 yards passing and 127 total yards in a 10-6 victory.  It was Tampa Bay's first ever victory in Dallas.

9/11 was two days later. Nearly twenty years ago.

• Thinking 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 4:35 PM, Cowboysfan8 said:

@ Tampa week 1.

The NFL must hate ol Tommy to have him get his ### kicked in the leagues 1st game of the season on national tv 

Has the 2025 schedule come out already?

• Laughing 1
6 hours ago, Rig24 said:

I'd say its insane, but its his money, what do i care.

Never underestimate the ways these guys go broke 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2021 at 9:27 AM, Grahamburn said:

Fun Fact:

The last time the Cowboys and Bucs faced off in Week 1 was the 2001 season.  Brad Johnson's first game as a Buccaneer.  The Bucs held the Quincy Carter led Cowboys to 34 yards passing and 127 total yards in a 10-6 victory.  It was Tampa Bay's first ever victory in Dallas.

9/11 was two days later. Nearly twenty years ago.

We opened there with Romo only a few years back 8 maybe. I remember - because I was there. Pretty sure we won 35-22 ish. 

It was so hot and humid. 

Edit - yes Sept 13, 2009. 

Edited by Bankerguy
  • Thanks 1
  • STEADYMOBBIN 22 changed the title to *** Official 2021 Dallas Cowboys *** Ceedee Lamb doing Ceedee Lamb things
Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2021 at 9:23 AM, JohnnyU said:

Remember when there was the question whether to Lamb or Jeudy?

Stud!

Remember when there was a question of Wentz or Dak?🤔

Edited by G-King
  • Like 2
21 hours ago, G-King said:

Stud!

Remember when there was a question of Wentz or Dak?🤔

Yes

I'm old enough to remember when Philly “stole” Goedert from us too. He’s been quite the stud 

• Laughing 1
  • STEADYMOBBIN 22 changed the title to *** Official 2021 Dallas Cowboys *** Mini-camp Dan Quinn has won everybody over and Mike McCarthy is also here.