What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Digital Nomad : Z Machine Mexico for 8wks - NEW Update: 6/17 -- [Formerly Icon in Costa Rica] (2 Viewers)

This time of year we rarely see tanned.  Given the state of health in our country tight and toned are also less common.

You're doing God's work.
We've been here coming up on a month and it's been 90+ and sunny every single day. Not a drop of rain and minimal clouds. 

The average female is wearing MAYBE a half a square meter of clothing... day or night.  Barefoot in a Bikini is as acceptable at the grocery or a restaurant as it is at the beach. 

There are pale people here but I don't see how they do it. 55 gallon drums of reef-safe SPF 60 Coppertone? 

Last edited by a moderator:
We've been here coming up on a month and it's been 90+ and sunny every single day. Not a drop of rain and minimal clouds. 
How bad is the humidity icon? I don't think I could deal with 90's every day of the year esp with it being humid.

Sounds like this place could use a BBQ and Bourbon bar.  Just sayin'.
Too hot for bourbon, but there is indeed a vacancy for bbq. Couple places doing ribs so there is precedent. 

How bad is the humidity icon? I don't think I could deal with 90's every day of the year esp with it being humid.
It's pretty humid.. 55-65% range usually.  Make no bones, it's HOT this time of year.

Like "I don't even wear underwear under super thin running shorts during the day" level of HOT.

Thus far no awkward scenarios though one particularly hot waitress caused an issue where I had read the economist on my phone for a good 15 mins after tabbing out before I could stand up to leave. :unsure:  

Too hot for bourbon, but there is indeed a vacancy for bbq. Couple places doing ribs so there is precedent. 

It's pretty humid.. 55-65% range usually.  Make no bones, it's HOT this time of year.

Like "I don't even wear underwear under super thin running shorts during the day" level of HOT.

Thus far no awkward scenarios though one particularly hot waitress caused an issue where I had read the economist on my phone for a good 15 mins after tabbing out before I could stand up to leave. :unsure:  
I noticed you said you had been to Ecuador as well. Whenever I google retirement outside US, Costa Rica and Ecuador are always there. Do you find it a totally different vibe between the 2? what was plus and minus of each so far in your opinion? I still think this weather would kill me in Costa Rica. Thanks for this thread!

I noticed you said you had been to Ecuador as well. Whenever I google retirement outside US, Costa Rica and Ecuador are always there. Do you find it a totally different vibe between the 2? what was plus and minus of each so far in your opinion? I still think this weather would kill me in Costa Rica. Thanks for this thread!
No problem! 

The comparison is touch given I am spending most of my time on the coast in CR vs in the Mountains (Cuenca/Quito) in Ecuador. Thus, climate wise they're totally different experiences.

I'll say both have AWESOME people/citizens by and large. Very very kind and giving.

Both have some risks for mostly petty/property crime, but not much more so than most cities in the US, to be honest. WRT go violent crime I felt safer in both than most cities in the US. That said, there are dangerous areas in both countries. 

Both places I was able to get by with very poor Spanish... with hospitality staff having better English than many other citizens.  I would 100% want to be fairly fluent in Spanish before I moved to either place full  time I think.

Both countries can be expensive if you try to live an American life with all American goods.... both can be pretty cheap if you live like a local. Ecuador uses the US Dollar if that matters to you. Both are convenient with regards to time zone (central). Both will have a learning curve as to what you can/can't get easily. 

I would absolutely consider moving to either country... although Ecuador's political situation is possibly at risk of turning for the worse. CR seems fairly stable for now. That's more of a consideration when purchasing property.

As I visit more of CR over the next two weeks (la Fortuna, Monteverde, and Tamarindo) I'll expand my experience base a bit more. 

Both are awesome countries and there is a good reason many expats consider them for retirement  Good water, good healthcare, fairly stable, kind people, good climates. 

I should add that CR and Ecuador are literally my ONLY experience in central / South America so there are likely many in here with a much better basis of comparison 😁

I should add that CR and Ecuador are literally my ONLY experience in central / South America so there are likely many in here with a much better basis of comparison 😁
It is probably critical that you have a Panama experience at some point before deciding.  Just make sure you get a penicillin shot before and after.

We are approaching the Inland Rainforest / Cloud Forest portion of the trip.... 

B arrives today late afternoon. Here's the Agenda for the next week or so: 

FRI (Today): 

• GF & I work till 2pm - B Arrives in her rental SUV @ 3-4pm
  • Sunset Beach Dinner & Drinks @ Gusto Beach 
  • Evening cocktails at Cocos / Dos Gringos most likely
SAT: Driving to La Fortuna + Rio Celeste

SUN: La Fortuna Day 1 - 3 short tours

• Sloth Trail/Sanctuary Tour
  • Monkey Park Tour
  • Coffee & Chocolate Farm Tour
  • Evening : Dinner / Drinks / Explore La Fortuna
MON: Arenal Day 

TUE: Drive to Monteverde + Monteverde Day

WED: Return To Samara

• Breakfast in Monteverde (TBD) - Roll out by 12ish
  • Possibly Stop at Macaw Preserve on the way back into town - Energy pending
THU: Enjoy Samara

FRI: Enjoy Samara

SAT: Rent ATVs and Free-Form explore area jungles/beaches 

SUN: B heads to Airport - We say goodbye to Samara :(  and have shuttle booked to Tamarindo. 

It's a lot, but hopefully we're up for it. Thankfully the only physically demanding days are Sat and Monday. 

Wide open for any suggestions on stops, restaurants, bars etc. :thumbup:  

[icon] said:
No problem! 

The comparison is touch given I am spending most of my time on the coast in CR vs in the Mountains (Cuenca/Quito) in Ecuador. Thus, climate wise they're totally different experiences.

I'll say both have AWESOME people/citizens by and large. Very very kind and giving.

Both have some risks for mostly petty/property crime, but not much more so than most cities in the US, to be honest. WRT go violent crime I felt safer in both than most cities in the US. That said, there are dangerous areas in both countries. 

Both places I was able to get by with very poor Spanish... with hospitality staff having better English than many other citizens.  I would 100% want to be fairly fluent in Spanish before I moved to either place full  time I think.

Both countries can be expensive if you try to live an American life with all American goods.... both can be pretty cheap if you live like a local. Ecuador uses the US Dollar if that matters to you. Both are convenient with regards to time zone (central). Both will have a learning curve as to what you can/can't get easily. 

I would absolutely consider moving to either country... although Ecuador's political situation is possibly at risk of turning for the worse. CR seems fairly stable for now. That's more of a consideration when purchasing property.

As I visit more of CR over the next two weeks (la Fortuna, Monteverde, and Tamarindo) I'll expand my experience base a bit more. 

Both are awesome countries and there is a good reason many expats consider them for retirement  Good water, good healthcare, fairly stable, kind people, good climates. 
Thanks a bunch dude! I'll be looking forward to what you think of the mountain regions of CR as temp wise it may be more my thing. I do like the countries that use the US Dollar, but definitely don't want to go to a country with political issues (He says from the USA...) Thanks for pointing out that the expense could be higher living an american lifestyle. You read these expat sites that say 2000 per moth for a couple is all you'll need, but wondering the type of life they are talking about. Can't wait to see what your next stop brings. I start collecting a first small pension next year and hoping travel is a little more back to the norm as we would like to hit CR,Panama,Ecuador & Spain just to see if there is a real interest on spending our lives somewhere other than the US. 

Thanks a bunch dude! I'll be looking forward to what you think of the mountain regions of CR as temp wise it may be more my thing. I do like the countries that use the US Dollar, but definitely don't want to go to a country with political issues (He says from the USA...) Thanks for pointing out that the expense could be higher living an american lifestyle. You read these expat sites that say 2000 per moth for a couple is all you'll need, but wondering the type of life they are talking about. Can't wait to see what your next stop brings. I start collecting a first small pension next year and hoping travel is a little more back to the norm as we would like to hit CR,Panama,Ecuador & Spain just to see if there is a real interest on spending our lives somewhere other than the US. 
Can't suggest strongly enough to spend extended time in places like this before moving.

IMO, A weekend or a week tells you very little. 

Spending a month somewhere and you start learning about groceries, paying phone bills, getting a deeper nuances of a town. This is our first trip of this length and it's actually very relaxing... you're not trying to do everything in a tight timeframe. You develop a process for your days, you begin exploring more... making friends... discovering little quirks about towns. 

I think spending 3-6 months somewhere would be a great way to really fully get a sampling of how true day to day life operates. Not everyone can do it but I think it would minimize risk of buyers remorse. I'd LOVE to spend 3-4 months here. 

So this morning I was cooking up a big breakfast (reheated filet, Cheesy Breakfast egg scramble, plus a side of breakfast potatoes with sweet onion and pineapple sautéed in.  I was cooking a lot so we invited Rosy our housekeeper to join us.

She sat down and proceeded to chow down. She told us she wasn't feeling well but maybe because she didn't eat all day. Talked (via Google voice and broken english/spanish on both our parts) about her time in Nicaragua... how bad the government is. How much she loves Samara. 

For perspective she makes about $3USD/hr here to clean houses and cook. She says she makes more in a week here than she did in months in Nicaragua. Her boyfriend had 2 kids with her and fled back there so she's supporting them on what seems like $6-8k US per year. 

One particularly sad story is here.. screen grab of the google translate screen. You hear about people like that but to imagine someone beating someone so kind down like that is infuriating. 

She thanked us profusely for inviting her to join us. We thanked her for taking care of the house for us. Talked about the romanian guy, calling him a punta... told her we consider her a friend and she got a little teary eyed and hugged us both. Said she really hopes we move to Samara. 

She's so damn sweet. It's heartbreaking to see her struggle, yet still keeping so upbeat and kind. Lots of perspective being gained on this trip. Going to really piss me off dealing with entitled pricks back in the states. 

Her services were $8K CRC per week. We had been giving her $10K.

We had already decided to give her double what we paid for the month of weekly cleaning ($32K -about another $60 us) as a tip on her last day (25th), just to say thank you and try to help her out. 

Alex P Keaton said:
It is probably critical that you have a Panama experience at some point before deciding.  Just make sure you get a penicillin shot before and after.
@kristas poop joke

Can't suggest strongly enough to spend extended time in places like this before moving.

IMO, A weekend or a week tells you very little. 

Spending a month somewhere and you start learning about groceries, paying phone bills, getting a deeper nuances of a town. This is our first trip of this length and it's actually very relaxing... you're not trying to do everything in a tight timeframe. You develop a process for your days, you begin exploring more... making friends... discovering little quirks about towns. 

I think spending 3-6 months somewhere would be a great way to really fully get a sampling of how true day to day life operates. Not everyone can do it but I think it would minimize risk of buyers remorse. I'd LOVE to spend 3-4 months here. 
This really is amazing advice.   I might have to try this out in CR for 1-2 months with my wife, and 1-2 months solo.  Just to try it out and make sure I don’t have buyers remorse.

So B showed up today.. she rocks. One of the coolest chicks ever. Well traveled.  love this girl. 

Hit gusto beach for sunset and vibe just sucked. Whole staff was salty as fuuuuuuck. Sucks because Tony from France was playing (progressive Spanish /classical phenom).. we stayed till the staff was just unbearable then moved over to Cocos/Dos Gringos. Had a blaest then randomly another chick walks up with a suitcase.

Sorry it's not C but it's R the GF's other BFF. R is not a girl I'll post pics of, but her arriving was an off the charts level random surprise.

So #### got sideways. I'm now asleep. 

But... I got to thinking... 

I love our patio. I love our pool. 

Our host made us promise no parties... but what if we had only close friends over... Miry, rosy, the Durfresnes.. etc. 

and...

And what if we booked Tony from France to grace us with his ridiculous Spanish/Flamenco guitar styles. Maybe we tap a keg from Dos Gringos.

Maybe we all float in the pool our last Friday afternoon drinking beer and watching what I consider to be a world class classical guitarist on our wicker patio furniture at our airBNB? 

#### it.. why not? He'll be done in time to play a night gig in town. I shot him a message. I can't think of a better way to kick off our last Friday in Playa samara than inviting our newfound friends to come swim for a private intimate concert. If it's $300USD or less I'm booking him. 

I love entertaining friends in Memphis... why not do it in Costa Rica too? 

To be continued 
I’m telling you this horror movie is writing itself :popcorn:

Seriously though - sounds awesome.  Do it!

I only have very vague memories of it because it was 20 years ago, but Righetti and a couple of other buddies and I drove Costa Rica for a week back then.  The cloud forest/rain forest tour was cool; somewhere I have some zoom in digital camera photos of the quetzal bird, which was the big find of the day.  But the drive, the countryside and landscape, was just amazing as I recall it.  Somewhere driving along past Arenal, we stopped in the evening and found a little roadside home/restaurant that had like two tables out on the front porch.  We sat and ate a home made meal and watched the lava glow at the top of Arenal off in the distance.  It was pretty freaking cool.

I wish I had records of the exact drive, the towns we went through, where we stayed, etc., because it was just such a cool place.

I only have very vague memories of it because it was 20 years ago, but Righetti and a couple of other buddies and I drove Costa Rica for a week back then.  The cloud forest/rain forest tour was cool; somewhere I have some zoom in digital camera photos of the quetzal bird, which was the big find of the day.  But the drive, the countryside and landscape, was just amazing as I recall it.  Somewhere driving along past Arenal, we stopped in the evening and found a little roadside home/restaurant that had like two tables out on the front porch.  We sat and ate a home made meal and watched the lava glow at the top of Arenal off in the distance.  It was pretty freaking cool.

I wish I had records of the exact drive, the towns we went through, where we stayed, etc., because it was just such a cool place.
Like...a history of it?

So B showed up today.. she rocks. One of the coolest chicks ever. Well traveled.  love this girl. 

Hit gusto beach for sunset and vibe just sucked. Whole staff was salty as fuuuuuuck. Sucks because Tony from France was playing (progressive Spanish /classical phenom).. we stayed till the staff was just unbearable then moved over to Cocos/Dos Gringos. Had a blaest then randomly another chick walks up with a suitcase.

Sorry it's not C but it's R the GF's other BFF. R is not a girl I'll post pics of, but her arriving was an off the charts level random surprise.

Our host made us promise no parties... but what if we had only close friends over... Miry, rosy, the Durfresnes.. etc. 

and...

And what if we booked Tony from France to grace us with his ridiculous Spanish/Flamenco guitar styles. Maybe we tap a keg from Dos Gringos.

Maybe we all float in the pool our last Friday afternoon drinking beer and watching what I consider to be a world class classical guitarist on our wicker patio furniture at our airBNB? 

#### it.. why not? He'll be done in time to play a night gig in town. I shot him a message. I can't think of a better way to kick off our last Friday in Playa samara than inviting our newfound friends to come swim for a private intimate concert. If it's $300USD or less I'm booking him. 

To be continued 
Nah, be a good renter.

and...

To be continued 
1) This should be live streamed

2) It should also happen post-COVID in Memphis too

3) All of this is like a bachelor party.....everyone knows the bachelor party isn’t for the groom, it’s really for all of his buddies who are already married

River Rafting Safari this morning w Carlos w Caribbean Winds... just wow. 

https://imgur.com/a/DrRNHD4

Dude heard a poison Dart frog and went and caught to to show us.

Saw momma sloth with baby so pulled the raft to the side and I held it while he climbed the tree to get great photos/videos up close with our phone. 

Local dude who know everything about every bird, tree, etc... can't recommend highly enough if in La Fortuna. 

River Rafting Safari this morning w Carlos w Caribbean Winds... just wow. 

https://imgur.com/a/DrRNHD4

Dude heard a poison Dart frog and went and caught to to show us.

Saw momma sloth with baby so pulled the raft to the side and I held it while he climbed the tree to get great photos/videos up close with our phone. 

Local dude who know everything about every bird, tree, etc... can't recommend highly enough if in La Fortuna. 
I bet that frog can mess you up :boxing:

Love the stories  :lol:

I bet that frog can mess you up :boxing:

Love the stories  :lol:
So apparently the venom doesn't hurt your skin... but if you touch your lips or lick your fingers afterward it can kill you. 

The natives knew this and would rub spear tips and needles along the backs of them to use for hunting... hence the name.

Our guide Carlos told us the natives grew angry with colonials killing and raping. So, after observing them licking their fingers between turning pages of the Bible, they snuck into churches and used feathers to brush the venom onto the corners of Bible pages... killing many church leaders. Pretty slick if true. 

Also... sunrise in La Fortuna

https://imgur.com/gallery/15UV18L

10 hour / 7 mile Hike around Arenal today. 

Back in Samara as of 2 nights ago. 

2 nights left in Samara, before heading to Tamagringo. 

We Had dinner with Miry last night, then wandered the beach and town.  Watched Palusanto from the street outside Frank's and danced with some local Ticos... had a good talk with Simon the owner.... later we had beers with Tom at Dos Gringos brewing and discussed a BBQ collaboration. The smoking hot waitress who's been bringing my beers all month joked about my jalapeño slices I always in my Juicy Bits IPA. 

I feel like after 5 weeks we are just settling in here and I don't want to leave. :(  

We Had dinner with Miry last night, then wandered the beach and town.  Watched Palusanto from the street outside Frank's and danced with some local Ticos... had a good talk with Simon the owner.... later we had beers with Tom at Dos Gringos brewing and discussed a BBQ collaboration. The smoking hot waitress who's been bringing my beers all month joked about my jalapeño slices I always in my Juicy Bits IPA. 

I feel like after 5 weeks we are just settling in here and I don't want to leave. :(  
Don't be sad, this is awesome!   It means you made a great decision to choose Samara initally!

What happened to the big party?  Or did the cruel light of morning wreck that plan?

Sorry I suck at updating this thread... 

first sunset in Tamarindo
https://imgur.com/a/m99Js0M

#### this place is obnoxious coming from samara. Thousands of gringos... overbuilt... ugh 

Literally the ONLY redeeming quality to this place is you can see the sunset. Otherwise..,  I will never be back.  
Haha, priceless.  Really makes me want to check out Samara.  Tamagringo has changed a lot over the years, especially the last decade or so.  Mrs APK first went there.....oh, maybe in the late 90s.  It was a chill place back then still (or so she says).   The last time we were there was maybe 2-3 years ago, and the changes were shocking.  We still had a blast, but really enjoyed more rustic parts of the country.

[icon] said:
Tested negative. Flying home the day after tomm.

Man there are some smoke shows here in tamarindo 
Sorry to hear you are flying home, but nice to test negative. 

Will you go back to Samara again?  Or CR in general?

Mrs APK and I are going there next winter, and we're booking extra days on the back end to check out Samara.   I wanted to go solo and hang out with some of the ladies you met, but Mrs APK shot that idea down.    :wall:

Did you check out Playa Langosta by chance?
Yep! We rented a golf cart for two days. Not much there besides a bunch of high dollar homes and fancy resorts.  The people there seemed pretty uppity (got the stinkeye by at least half the folks we passed. Not my kinda place. 

Sorry to hear you are flying home, but nice to test negative. 

Will you go back to Samara again?  Or CR in general?

Mrs APK and I are going there next winter, and we're booking extra days on the back end to check out Samara.   I wanted to go solo and hang out with some of the ladies you met, but Mrs APK shot that idea down.    :wall:
CR yes. LOVE the country. 

Samara Yes. We're still looking at land. This place felt like home. 

Tamarindo.. maybe but probably not. This place Aint Costa Rica. It's more like Cancun. Cheesy, expensive, full of gringos, overcrowded, ####ty traffic, limited quality dining options. 

If you guys need any contacts or pointers in Samara I'm happy to help. Just lemme know GB 

Officially home as of last night. Dealing with ########s in the airport reminded us we were back in America. 

We joked that Tamarindo was perfect to get us ready to return home. After over 30 days in Samara we were shopping for land and really sad about leaving.  After just 4 days in Tamarindo we were counting the days to get the hell out of that tourist trap.

Got home to find my car dead.. buddy who was supposed to start it every so often forgot until it was too late. Gotta jump that and run to the dealer to check the battery system out. 

Our mail is empty and we're not sure who's been emptying it so will figure that out 😂 

Restocking grocery order placed for pickup today. Gotta unpack and the Gf has about 5-6 loads of laundry to do 😂 

Yep! We rented a golf cart for two days. Not much there besides a bunch of high dollar homes and fancy resorts.  The people there seemed pretty uppity (got the stinkeye by at least half the folks we passed. Not my kinda place. 

CR yes. LOVE the country. 

Samara Yes. We're still looking at land. This place felt like home. 

Tamarindo.. maybe but probably not. This place Aint Costa Rica. It's more like Cancun. Cheesy, expensive, full of gringos, overcrowded, ####ty traffic, limited quality dining options. 

If you guys need any contacts or pointers in Samara I'm happy to help. Just lemme know GB 
Lol.  I used to go for long runs that involved Playa Langosta.  Either would cross paths with local workers or with pampered tourists.

Will definitely hit you up on Samara.  TIA.

Glad you love CR!  

This was fun to follow along with.  Very different direction, but it helped convince me to go visit my two sets of parents in Alaska - I can work during the days and be with the parents in the evenings.  Tickets are booked for a month after my full vaccination.

This was fun to follow along with.  Very different direction, but it helped convince me to go visit my two sets of parents in Alaska - I can work during the days and be with the parents in the evenings.  Tickets are booked for a month after my full vaccination.
Awesome! Good for you man. Absolutely can work anywhere there is stable internet. For many jobs, having email on phone gives you freedom to disconnect from the laptop for periods to go explore during the day. 

Side note: internet in Tamarindo suuuuuucked. Averaged 2MBps. Working was difficult. Host kept blaming the influx of people... but had us sharing a connection with a neighboring unit. 

So what's the final verdict on the bugs.   It sounds like you did some jungle excursions.   I know you're still riding a CR high but I need a straight no-bs answer.    

Tested negative. Flying home the day after tomm.

Man there are some smoke shows here in tamarindo 
What was the process to do this?  Who checked it/asked for it? What level of scrutiny did you get?  I'm doing a trip to Cancun in July and am just planning on trying to fake a test.   I've had two shots and would rather not waste everyone's time and resources.

Welcome home, gb. 

Thanks so much for the updates, pics and info- looks like an amazing time.
Thanks GB. Was definitely a trip for the ages. There are some things we'd do differently, but honestly not much. Input from FFA + research (YouTube / Webpages / TripAdvisor / Reddit) had us pretty well prepared packing-wise, and we were very happy with our itinerary. Maybe one more day in Monteverde?

Part of me wishes we skipped Tamarindo and stayed in Samara, but it was good to experience Tamarindo... and when we booked, Samara still had no testing capacity. 

What was the process to do this?  Who checked it/asked for it? What level of scrutiny did you get?  I'm doing a trip to Cancun in July and am just planning on trying to fake a test.   I've had two shots and would rather not waste everyone's time and resources.
It may differ in Mexico but for us: 
1) Find testing location and contact them. 
2) They send you to a national website to register for testing: https://mipruebacovid.com/
3) Then you email them your info (Name, flight info, passport #, etc).
4) They email you a test time. You show up, get swabbed (5 mins). 
5) They email your results... it's a PDF attached to the email that looks like this
6) When we arrived at the airport the test was checked once by an airport employee to get in line, then by a Federal Police Officer.

He didn't scan the QR code but I've heard others did. He checked name, and ID# matched my passport. Wrote some info on the back of a sheet of paper, then sent me on to the check-in counter and bag drop. 

I think you could photoshop a result easily assuming you knew what the mexican template was. The QR code simply refers to an online version of the form that looks exactly like the PDF, so you could host a JPG of the PDF anywhere and I presume it would come up okay as long as they didn't look at the URL. 

Only problem is, if they scan and then notice the URL, you'd prob get denied boarding. 

not worth it, IMHO.  just get the test.

Thanks GB. Was definitely a trip for the ages. There are some things we'd do differently, but honestly not much. Input from FFA + research (YouTube / Webpages / TripAdvisor / Reddit) had us pretty well prepared packing-wise, and we were very happy with our itinerary. Maybe one more day in Monteverde?

Part of me wishes we skipped Tamarindo and stayed in Samara, but it was good to experience Tamarindo... and when we booked, Samara still had no testing capacity. 

It may differ in Mexico but for us: 
1) Find testing location and contact them. 
2) They send you to a national website to register for testing: https://mipruebacovid.com/
3) Then you email them your info (Name, flight info, passport #, etc).
4) They email you a test time. You show up, get swabbed (5 mins). 
5) They email your results... it's a PDF attached to the email that looks like this
6) When we arrived at the airport the test was checked once by an airport employee to get in line, then by a Federal Police Officer.

He didn't scan the QR code but I've heard others did. He checked name, and ID# matched my passport. Wrote some info on the back of a sheet of paper, then sent me on to the check-in counter and bag drop. 

I think you could photoshop a result easily assuming you knew what the mexican template was. The QR code simply refers to an online version of the form that looks exactly like the PDF, so you could host a JPG of the PDF anywhere and I presume it would come up okay as long as they didn't look at the URL. 

Only problem is, if they scan and then notice the URL, you'd prob get denied boarding. 
Mexico has different rules and was easy. Took family to Mexico in February, and the only test we needed to get was 2 days before returning to US.  Had to prove negative test before leaving Mexico. 
 We stayed all inclusive and the resort took care of everything (as most are doing now). We got tested right at the resort, no cost, and results back day of. Was surprisingly easy...

Ok, finally pulled the trigger last night after weeks of searching on airbnb and scheduling visits from my wife's cousin to visit houses... 2 months in Mérida, Yucatan, Mexico. We arrive May 1. It'll be me, my wife, and my soon to be 8 year old twins. Oh and my MIL will be coming for the first month...

House is 3BR, 2BA right in the center of the city.  It's got a small pool and a small garden.  Internet is supposed to be excellent and it better because there will be times of 4 Zoom calls simultaneous.

We just told the kids this morning and they are super excited.

All adults will be 2+ weeks past 2nd dose of vaccine.

Now we have to book flights, and get packed... the list making begins. 

Ok, finally pulled the trigger last night after weeks of searching on airbnb and scheduling visits from my wife's cousin to visit houses... 2 months in Mérida, Yucatan, Mexico. We arrive May 1. It'll be me, my wife, and my soon to be 8 year old twins. Oh and my MIL will be coming for the first month...

House is 3BR, 2BA right in the center of the city.  It's got a small pool and a small garden.  Internet is supposed to be excellent and it better because there will be times of 4 Zoom calls simultaneous.

We just told the kids this morning and they are super excited.

All adults will be 2+ weeks past 2nd dose of vaccine.

Now we have to book flights, and get packed... the list making begins. 

Airline tickets purchased, arrive May 2, depart June 28.  Kids' teachers have been notified.  Wife got Pfizer dose #2 this morning (and is down for the count) and I get mine on Thursday.  
Hell yeah GB! Keep posting updates. Good on you guys for getting vaccinated before the trip. Will be one less thing to worry about. 

Airline tickets purchased, arrive May 2, depart June 28.  Kids' teachers have been notified.  Wife got Pfizer dose #2 this morning (and is down for the count) and I get mine on Thursday.  
This going to be a new thread or updated in here?

Users who are viewing this thread