Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Chess Tournament- Final rankings Posted

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sent my invite to the wrong fatguy. A surprisingly large number of those accounts in Chess Time.

Invite sent to @Psychopav i may tap out for the evening in a little while. FYI, I may play slowly during the opening.  I've been playing a lot of computer matches lately and I tend to get swindle

I couldn't figure out how to resign but I did find an option to flip the board which was remarkably unsatisfying 

12 hours ago, Steeler said:

Good game.  Would have been a bit better if I would have pulled it out at the end ;) 

Either of you care to share?

24 minutes ago, Psychopav said:

Either of you care to share?

Nothing really.  It was just a close game.  I had his queen under pressure early but he got out of it and took the lead in the end game.  We were both down to 1 rook and 1 bishop (opposite colors).  I had double pawns and my bishop was stuck near the side of the board so he kept picking off my pawns.  I held on for as long as I could but he never made any mistakes I could exploit and he just won through attrition.

• timschochet changed the title to Chess Tournament- Round 5 Pairings Posted
2 minutes ago, Mister CIA said:

See op, frinkahedron is your huckleberry.

Oh I found him. 

After I challenged some dude named steeler from another country. 

5 minutes ago, Mister CIA said:

Your next opponent will be chocolateboy.

I’m still disappointed he withdrew his offer. 

Steeler resigns after I won the race to promote a pawn in a very cleanly played game. Woz wins (1-0). 

• timschochet changed the title to Chess Tournament- Round 6 (Final Round) Pairings Posted

I always try to give everybody 3 games at white and 3 at black. I wasn’t able to do that for everyone this time because of the matchups. If you’re one of those who had 4 games at black or white, I apologize. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I always try to give everybody 3 games at white and 3 at black. I wasn’t able to do that for everyone this time because of the matchups. If you’re one of those who had 4 games at black or white, I apologize. 

How dare you!

10 hours ago, Dezbelief said:

Dez inched out a slim victory in a well played game, nice match Nick!

I played pretty well in the last tournament but I'm really stinking it up this time around!  Good game Dez. 

• Like 1
  • timschochet changed the title to Chess Tournament- Final rankings Posted