Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Urban Meyer is the worst NFL hire of the last 10 years, easily!

On 1/16/2021 at 11:37 AM, Ministry of Pain said:

This is a pure last pay day of his life, there will no Pete Carroll reincarnation in Jacksonville, Pete is a completely different type of coach and I don't think Meyer will be able to hold the locker room together when things go South.

Didn’t Pete Carroll leave USC just before all hell broke loose on the Reggie Bush scandal? That seems easily as bad as the scandal hopping from Meyer. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I don't think details of his contract are known, are they? That $12m amount was made up by the internet.

You’re not likely to find the details unless you get your hands on the actual contract. It was widely reported he was seeking 12 mil. Ian Rapoport pushed back on the story but it wouldn’t be the first time he carried water for the NFL (his bosses). It was widely reported Matt Rhule got 9 per from Carolina, so if you think Urban and his inflated ego would settle for anything in that ballpark or south of it, I don’t know what to tell you. Given his mercenary nature and possibility of this being his last big cash grab, I would be very surprised if he didn’t get the 12 or very close to it.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Didn’t Pete Carroll leave USC just before all hell broke loose on the Reggie Bush scandal? That seems easily as bad as the scandal hopping from Meyer. 

What Carroll did was happening on every campus in the country. I had the pleasure of living in SoCal/LA/SantaMonica from '00-'08, got to watch USC rise the entire time. I grew up in Miami/South Florida on the Miami Hurricanes, there were similarities plus the. Canes won in '01 with a dream team, they bent a few rules like everyone else, players get money put in their laps/hands in a variety of ways. 

42 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

What Carroll did was happening on every campus in the country. I had the pleasure of living in SoCal/LA/SantaMonica from '00-'08, got to watch USC rise the entire time. I grew up in Miami/South Florida on the Miami Hurricanes, there were similarities plus the. Canes won in '01 with a dream team, they bent a few rules like everyone else, players get money put in their laps/hands in a variety of ways. 

They bought Reggie’s parents a house. That’s slightly more than bending a few rules. lol

This Urban Meyer hire has reeked of desperation from the start. Yeah the Jags are dysfunctional but this opening is the best since LaFleur went to Green Bay. These are the things the Jags have going for them:

-maybe the best QB prospect ever in their laps.

-extra picks in 1st, 2nd, 5th. 

-loads of cap space in a year where it matters a lot
-low expectations, so as a coach you’re getting three years 

-in a weak division

• 1 month later...

More Proof this turkey got a payday and will crawl with his tail between his legs from the NFL...wait a minute is he really going to get Trevor Lawrence? Because I mean there is a chance that Sasquatch saves the day and have a big say in all of this and if he's as good as I think he will be and the rest of the known Universe I mean there's a chance Meyer could actually win a few games, right?

This guy makes my skin crawl.