What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Did AOC Truly fear "GOP lawmakers would lead rioters to her" (1 Viewer)

Rattle and Hum

Footballguy
For starters, I don't feel that I completely comprehend the severity of the riots. However, I could never imagine a colleague, with so much to lose, would do this.  Do you think this was an actual fear or was she using for political capital? Sad to me either way as she is an interesting young leader. 

I did search for: AOC before posting.

For starters, I don't feel that I completely comprehend the severity of the riots. However, I could never imagine a colleague, with so much to lose, would do this.  Do you think this was an actual fear or was she using for political capital? Sad to me either way as she is an interesting young leader. 

Political capitol.  According to one of the prominent Dems in their own Party:  "Never let a crisis go to waste".  She's following the playbook.

This stunt reminds of the Hillary stunt when she said snipers were shooting at her.  It's all for political gain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Political capitol.  According to one of the prominent Dems in their own Party:  "Never let a crisis go to waste".  She's following the playbook.

This stunt reminds of the Hillary stunt when she said snipers were shooting at her.  It's all for political gain.
Yep, everything she does is a political stunt. Taking anything she says seriously would be a mistake. 

This narrative needs to exist because it helps to deflect what Trump's supporters did last week.
Dude, we were talking about AOC LONG before last week happened.

Nice try for deflection, but even a cursory search in this forum proves you wrong.  Seems like there are some hard truths you'd rather not face.
Trump supporters killed a cop last week. That's a difficult fact to pivot away from, but one way to do it is to minimize the threat of Trump's supporters by mocking a familiar liberal target. The more people talk about AOC, the less they talk about Hawley, Cruz, Jordan, and the rest of the conspiracy caucus.

Trump supporters killed a cop last week. That's a difficult fact to pivot away from, but one way to do it is to minimize the threat of Trump's supporters by mocking a familiar liberal target. The more people talk about AOC, the less they talk about Hawley, Cruz, Jordan, and the rest of the conspiracy caucus.
They almost killed 2.

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
Now do Biden supporters and summer riots.

Now do Biden supporters and summer riots.
Trump is the only president in history to have one of his supporters kill a cop almost immediately after leaving one of his speeches. That's going to be a difficult fact to live down.

I think a little of column A and Column B. I mean angry people broke into a secure location where I'm working, not sure I'd feel safe 

Plus a couple reps were live tweeting 

But she's definitely politicizing more

Absolutely. She is a focal point of disdain for conservatives, at least as portrayed by some of their media sources. A few GOP lawmakers are allied with extremism, including that espoused by the protesters. The rioters had no issue assaulting LEOs, why would they spare her?

Remember when BLM/Antifa killed 5 Dallas cops a few years ago?  Yeah, didn't think you remembered that.  BOTH situations were terrible.

Besides, no one is pivoting.  That's your made up pipe dream.  Again, we were talking about AOC LONG before you imagined that she was brand new and just became noticeable today.

Absolutely. She is a focal point of disdain for conservatives, at least as portrayed by some of their media sources. A few GOP lawmakers are allied with extremism, including that espoused by the protesters. The rioters had no issue assaulting LEOs, why would they spare her?

Yeah, the rioters in Dallas had no issue assaulting LEO's either.  In fact, they killed 5 of them they were so unconcerned.

BOTH situations were bad, but were you on these boards ranting and raving about that too?  Let me ask someone who may have been here for that.

@GoBirds and @Ramblin Wreck : Were they quick to blame the entire left a few years ago when the 5 Dallas cops were killed by BLM/Antifa?

Trump is the only president in history to have one of his supporters kill a cop almost immediately after leaving one of his speeches. That's going to be a difficult fact to live down.
Wow.  Did you make that stat up right on the spot?  Or did you get it from somebody else who made it up?  Did you pull a muscle reaching so hard?

One of them was actually tweeting about where Pelosi was, so yeah, it doesn't seem too out of left field to me 

An angry crowd of Trump/Qanon people.  AOC is the second...maybe the third most hated Democrat in the House?  She's been as much a darling (in a bad way) for Right Wing/Trump media as she's been a beacon of light for some on The Left. While I find it hard to believe that ANY of her peers and colleagues would do this......some of those in the Party opposite to her got in partly based on the pledges they made to oppose her policies at any cost. I don't know....didn't a member of one Party beat another half to death with a cane on the steps of the Capitol back in the day?  After the past 4 years...nothing would surpise me in regard to peoples rancor towards members of their rival Party.  

Wow.  Did you make that stat up right on the spot?  Or did you get it from somebody else who made it up?  Did you pull a muscle reaching so hard?
A cop died in he riots post speech. I guess the guy could have done it after innocently stumbling upon the riot in progress and took his anger out on the cop for ANOTHER reason.  Seems a little TOO coincidental though; wouldn't you agree?  

Goodp point. Those same people attacked LEOs while carrying "Blue Lives Matter" flags.  I'd wager there wasn't many, if any, LET'S DISREPECTFULLY DISAGREE WITH AOC flags in that crowd.  

A cop died in he riots post speech. I guess the guy could have done it after innocently stumbling upon the riot in progress and took his anger out on the cop for ANOTHER reason.  Seems a little TOO coincidental though; wouldn't you agree?  
I'm not denying that the cop died an unnecessary death nor am I denying it was a trump supporter.  My issue was with his historical cherry-picked stat to fit his narrative.

What about ayanna presley who called the mob and GOP congress members white supremacists?....she's a close ally of AOC.

I mean these people who attacked the capital are POS's but this whole everyone is a white supremacist is crazy........this kind of crap does nothing to help anything

Yeah, the rioters in Dallas had no issue assaulting LEO's either.  In fact, they killed 5 of them they were so unconcerned.

BOTH situations were bad, but were you on these boards ranting and raving about that too?  Let me ask someone who may have been here for that.

@GoBirds and @Ramblin Wreck : Were they quick to blame the entire left a few years ago when the 5 Dallas cops were killed by BLM/Antifa?
:goodposting:

I think we all know that answer. The level of hypocrisy makes many unreadable IMO . It’s really crazy to watch. 

What about ayanna presley who called the mob and GOP congress members white supremacists?....she's a close ally of AOC.

I mean these people who attacked the capital are POS's but this whole everyone is a white supremacist is crazy........this kind of crap does nothing to help anything
Seems they forgot about Maxine Waters too, calling to harass Trump supporters and Trump officials.  We've seen it day after day - Trump supporters getting attacked.

What she said was a DIRECT call to attack them and could not be misconstrued as anything else.  Nothing but silence on that one. 

You're right, you don't understand the gravity of the riots and how mentally damaged (and yes, stupid) some people are. Watch the Social Dilemma for a hint of what we are looking at.

You're right, you don't understand the gravity of the riots and how mentally damaged (and yes, stupid) some people are. Watch the Social Dilemma for a hint of what we are looking at.
I'm pretty sure those store owners that were beaten when their stores were rioted are not only mentally but physically damaged too.

Figuring out this new board format, not sure what happened. 

One of them was actually tweeting about where Pelosi was, so yeah, it doesn't seem too out of left field to me 
Definitely questionable conduct despite the fact of Pelosi's removal being broadcast on CSPAN.  Doesn't seem like their was a need to reveal via tweeter. Thanks for sharing. 

So, are some members of congress showing up for work in fear for their lives because their political adversaries exist? I mean, if they would hand a colleague over to a violent mob wouldn't they be just as likely to physically hurt them at another time? That doesn't seem like a job I would want.

Pretty sure no one is blaming the entire right for the cop being killed. Quite the opposite - they are blaming Trump

When you have a Trump Supporter wearing a Camp Auschwitz shirt it’s hard to miss 

Other than talk a lot .. what has AOC done?

BladeR doesn’t need to repeat his post from the other thread, but seriously she is simply a loud mouth. She has done nothing. 

I'm not denying that the cop died an unnecessary death nor am I denying it was a trump supporter.  My issue was with his historical cherry-picked stat to fit his narrative.
I don't think the narrative that's coming out of the Right post-Capitol riot about "What about the summer riots?" is the best look for the Right with centrists.

When you have a Trump Supporter wearing a Camp Auschwitz shirt it’s hard to miss 
I didnt know that.

I cannot reconcile Trump's lack of renouncing fringe right groups.....I also don't think he called this group to attack the capitol.  His BS over 4 years didn't help anything though, for sure.

All I know is there's a lot of hatred out there for one reason or another.

• Thanks
I didnt know that.

I cannot reconcile Trump's lack of renouncing fringe right groups.....I also don't think he called this group to attack the capitol.  His BS over 4 years didn't help anything though, for sure.

All I know is there's a lot of hatred out there for one reason or another.
You don't see any dots to connect?

You don't see any dots to connect?
I don't think he actually wanted, or incited that group to do what they did with that speech.

I do think Trump is a narcissistic D bag who was irresponsible with his platform.  

At the end of the day I think Trump thought he could manipulate our system like he did in the business world.  I think he lacks self awareness.  I think he's arrogant and has horrible interpersonal skills.  I don't think he's hitler or even a wannabe dictator.

• Smile

Users who are viewing this thread