What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone Done The Phil Mickelson Fast? Trying It (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
I didn't go through the fad diet thread (and this is definitely not a real diet thing), so apologies if honda, but wondering if anyone's done the Phil Mickelson Fast thing.

It's basically a beefed up Bulletproof Coffee and water for 5 day thing. https://golf.com/news/phil-mickelson-coffee-and-water-fast/

A friend of mine did it and had about the same experience as the writer of the article. Sucked for the first couple of days and then fine.

I'm going to give it a try.

I'm in decent shape at 6' 0" / 205.  But definitely would like to be closer to 195. 

Anyone done this before? 

Last edited by a moderator:
And for sure, I know the way to good health is proper eating and exercise. I'm mainly just interested to see if I can do it and how my body responds. 

And for sure, I know the way to good health is proper eating and exercise. I'm mainly just interested to see if I can do it and how my body responds. 

It's sounds a little similar to the master cleanse thing with the water w/lemon, maple syrup and cayenne pepper.

Same, in that you're doing liquid only that's also slightly helpful getting the bowels going. I've done that a few times and yeah- first couple days are hard, and then you're fine. I've gone as many as 12 days...I know people who've gone much longer.

Only concern I'd have with this one is the caffeine intake.

It's sounds a little similar to the master cleanse thing with the water w/lemon, maple syrup and cayenne pepper.

Same, in that you're doing liquid only that's also slightly helpful getting the bowels going. I've done that a few times and yeah- first couple days are hard, and then you're fine. I've gone as many as 12 days...I know people who've gone much longer.

Only concern I'd have with this one is the caffeine intake.
Thanks. I can see that. 

I normally drink a bullet proof coffee each morning (Coffee, MCT oil, Grass Fed Butter) and then another big cup of coffee around 10. I've never had any problem with caffeine sensitivity. But I'm also wondering how I'll feel with no other food and the coffee. That's one of the things I'm interested in. We'll see. 

Thanks. I can see that. 

I normally drink a bullet proof coffee each morning (Coffee, MCT oil, Grass Fed Butter) and then another big cup of coffee around 10. I've never had any problem with caffeine sensitivity. But I'm also wondering how I'll feel with no other food and the coffee. That's one of the things I'm interested in. We'll see. 
Tbh, I didn't look at the link, just your post. The master cleanse thing you carry bottles of that homemade concoction around and just drink when hungry or thirsty...all day. I'm a two cups of coffee/day guy too (9 & 3ish), and I know taking coffee in after 5pm messes me up. So I know this thing wouldn't work for me. And yeah...without food, I also get messed up. Keep us posted...

If I understand correctly, most of these fasts seem to work by rapidly emptying out your water weight. You might lose 10 lbs quickly and see your belly flatten, but it's not 10 lbs of fat. It might be a pound or two of fat, a disproportionately high percentage of muscle because you're not feeding your body, and dumping out your sodium and glycogen, both of which help you retain a lot of water.  Losing that water weight will help you in much the same way that a bodybuilder will dehydrate themselves before a competition - you'll see your skin become less puffy and some muscles will be visible that previously weren't. And that isnt necessarily a bad thing - it might be motivation to lose the next 8 or 9 lbs of actual fat. 

But if you just do the fast and lose ten lbs, then return to your normal eating habits, your experience will most likely be that the weight seems to come back quickly, and if you don't expect it, you might start to question your metabolism or your body's ability to lose those ten lbs.

----------

So I wrote that without reading the article, then read it to make sure I was being fair.  I think I was. If you read the article, he makes a big deal about losing 15 lbs quickly and then needing to keep it off... that's almost certainly because some people experience what I just described. The keeping it off part is just hand waving around an actual diet - keep it off by starting to eat healthy foods.  That’s not unique to fasting, it's just how dieting works, you usually lose a bunch of water weight early and then keep it off until you stop dieting. Check the lets lose some weight in 2021 thread and you'll see tons of people charting their weight loss with drops of 5 lbs in the first week and 10 by the end of week 2.  

The article then points out that Mickelson lost 15 lbs the first week and another 15 the next few months. What really happened is probably that he lost his water weight quickly, lost 15 lbs of actual fat by actually dieting, and then put the water weight back on at the end but didn't mention it.  15 lbs in a few months is a pretty normal, sustainable pace with a simple diet like he described that isn't calorie restricted. 

I get that it's a fun article in golf digest, and i always thought it would be fun to try this, long before Vivian darkbloom graced us with the grizzly details of non-golf digestion, but I wouldn't recommend it.  If you do this, though, I would recommend taking a before and after picture of your abs because they'll probably look the best they've looked in years but not for very long. 

I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. Consult your doctor before beginning this or any diet or exercise program.

If I understand correctly, most of these fasts seem to work by rapidly emptying out your water weight. You might lose 10 lbs quickly and see your belly flatten, but it's not 10 lbs of fat. It might be a pound or two of fat, a disproportionately high percentage of muscle because you're not feeding your body, and dumping out your sodium and glycogen, both of which help you retain a lot of water.  Losing that water weight will help you in much the same way that a bodybuilder will dehydrate themselves before a competition - you'll see your skin become less puffy and some muscles will be visible that previously weren't. And that isnt necessarily a bad thing - it might be motivation to lose the next 8 or 9 lbs of actual fat. 

But if you just do the fast and lose ten lbs, then return to your normal eating habits, your experience will most likely be that the weight seems to come back quickly, and if you don't expect it, you might start to question your metabolism or your body's ability to lose those ten lbs.

----------

So I wrote that without reading the article, then read it to make sure I was being fair.  I think I was. If you read the article, he makes a big deal about losing 15 lbs quickly and then needing to keep it off... that's almost certainly because some people experience what I just described. The keeping it off part is just hand waving around an actual diet - keep it off by starting to eat healthy foods.  That’s not unique to fasting, it's just how dieting works, you usually lose a bunch of water weight early and then keep it off until you stop dieting. Check the lets lose some weight in 2021 thread and you'll see tons of people charting their weight loss with drops of 5 lbs in the first week and 10 by the end of week 2.  

The article then points out that Mickelson lost 15 lbs the first week and another 15 the next few months. What really happened is probably that he lost his water weight quickly, lost 15 lbs of actual fat by actually dieting, and then put the water weight back on at the end but didn't mention it.  15 lbs in a few months is a pretty normal, sustainable pace with a simple diet like he described that isn't calorie restricted. 

I get that it's a fun article in golf digest, and i always thought it would be fun to try this, long before Vivian darkbloom graced us with the grizzly details of non-golf digestion, but I wouldn't recommend it.  If you do this, though, I would recommend taking a before and after picture of your abs because they'll probably look the best they've looked in years but not for very long. 

I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. Consult your doctor before beginning this or any diet or exercise program.
Sure. Thanks. I can see all that. How my body responds after the fast is one of the main things I'm interested in. 

What did you mean by "no" in your first post?

Sure. Thanks. I can see all that. How my body responds after the fast is one of the main things I'm interested in. 

What did you mean by "no" in your first post?
The joke is that I am the king of fad diets and would pounce the moment I saw this. 

@bostonfred is right. Any extreme nutritional change that includes avoiding carbohydrates and or fasting will cause the glycogen stores from the muscles to empty out into the bloodstream and will release a ton of retained water. This is why people see such rapid “weight loss” in the beginning of that it’s like keto or Paleo. Most Americans eating a standard American diet are incredibly bloated and have a lot of water retention due to blood sugar build up due to a lack of intense physical exertion combine with a high carbohydrate diet. 

this is why when people start to lose weight their face things out, they seem to feel like their gas and bloat goes away and they start to see better definition in parts of their body, they’re just getting rid of a lot of inflammation and water weight which is good but the minute they start to eat more salt and sugars again it’ll come right back.

This is also why simply illuminating soda or beer from your diet if you drink either of those with regularity will make a huge difference in how you look you’re not actually losing body fat you’re losing water. 

@bostonfred is right. Any extreme nutritional change that includes avoiding carbohydrates and or fasting will cause the glycogen stores from the muscles to empty out into the bloodstream and will release a ton of retained water. This is why people see such rapid “weight loss” in the beginning of that it’s like keto or Paleo. Most Americans eating a standard American diet are incredibly bloated and have a lot of water retention due to blood sugar build up due to a lack of intense physical exertion combine with a high carbohydrate diet. 

this is why when people start to lose weight their face things out, they seem to feel like their gas and bloat goes away and they start to see better definition in parts of their body, they’re just getting rid of a lot of inflammation and water weight which is good but the minute they start to eat more salt and sugars again it’ll come right back.

This is also why simply illuminating soda or beer from your diet if you drink either of those with regularity will make a huge difference in how you look you’re not actually losing body fat you’re losing water. 

So its not just just excess sodium that's causing all that water retention?  Good to know.  I knew that sugar causes inflammation but I've never heard that it causes water retention.  

So its not just just excess sodium that's causing all that water retention?  Good to know.  I knew that sugar causes inflammation but I've never heard that it causes water retention.  
Disclaimer, I’m not a doctor but I do work in the fitness industry.  

Weightlifters have been known to consume a ton of sugar right immediately after working out in order to cause their muscles to look bigger. 

Disclaimer, I’m not a doctor but I do work in the fitness industry.  

Weightlifters have been known to consume a ton of sugar right immediately after working out in order to cause their muscles to look bigger. 
So in that case, they're going for the size and not the definition?  

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/6-ways-to-reduce-water-retention#TOC_TITLE_HDR_7

Eating refined carbs leads to rapid spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels.

High insulin levels cause your body to retain more sodium by increasing the reabsorption of sodium in the kidneys (13Trusted Source, 14Trusted Source).

This leads to more fluid volume inside your body.

Examples of refined carbs include processed sugars and grains, such as table sugar and white flour.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/6-ways-to-reduce-water-retention#TOC_TITLE_HDR_7

Eating refined carbs leads to rapid spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels.

High insulin levels cause your body to retain more sodium by increasing the reabsorption of sodium in the kidneys (13Trusted Source, 14Trusted Source).

This leads to more fluid volume inside your body.

Examples of refined carbs include processed sugars and grains, such as table sugar and white flour.
Ah, so sugar indirectly causes the water retention by first causing you to retain more sodium.

Bottom line, eat way less sugar and sodium? 

Makes total sense. 
Yes, but also a calorie deficit from a rather extreme fast will also cause more rapid weight loss due to faster water retention loss.

In other words if you retained the total amount of calories consumed as previous but shifted away from sugar and sodium you would definitely see a difference. But if you also significantly restricted caloric intake for a while it would speed up the process.

A healthier way to lose and retain long-term body fat loss is to find a way to consume a regular diet that is mostly comprised of healthy fruits, vegetables, lean organic proteins and avoid processed carbohydrates but what fun is that.

Phil Mickelson also has issues with psoriatic arthritis which is an inflammatory condition, I also have psoriasis which is a cousin to psoriatic arthritis and is also an inflammatory condition so guys like him and me are very sensitive to carbohydrates especially wheat carbs.  All of this is rooted in systemic inflammation which itself is the root cause of many preventable diseases and fascinating thing to research independently of wanting to look better.

Literally my skin disorder will get worse the week after the holidays where I consume a ton of cookies and will get better in a week or two after I cut out carbohydrates it’s almost like I can tell how clean my eating has been on my skin.

I haven't done the Mickelson fast. I don't drink bulletproof coffee, but I regularly fast with water and black coffee. The common trajectory is just as he describes it. Here's how it usually goes for me.

Day 1: feels hard, constant cravings for food, but it's not even really hunger. It's more psychological cravings for things.

Day 2: really hungry, stomach growling and grumbling a lot. This is actually easier to ignore or power through because the feelings don't last long. Coffee helps a lot with this, as an appetite suppressant. I imagine bulletproof, even more.

Day 3: Starting to diurese a lot of water. Peeing like a race horse. Glycogen stores mostly used up and you start pulling water from places that you'd "third-spaced" so belly flattens, skin looks and feels better. I am usually over the struggle with hunger pangs by day 3, and then it is a cake walk and I can go for 10 days or more with no problem. I also start to feel mental clarity and increased energy and a certain "lightness" (best way to describe it) that may be due to less inflammatory process in my body. Aches and pains gone. Also, Joe, for someone of faith, I think you'll enjoy this period- it is pretty conducive to long bouts of prayer and meditation. You might become a long-term adherent to fasting for the mental/spiritual clarity alone.

Day 4: Boundless energy, increased feeling of physical well-being, upshift in mood. Hunger pangs appear but are very transient. Interesting to experience true hunger, something we, as Americans rarely, if ever, experience.

Depending on how clean your diet is before fasting, you may experience some abdominal cramping and bouts of diarrhea/loose stools while fasting. Feels to me like my guts normalize and probably a lot of shifting in gut flora from overgrowth of bad bacteria to healthier gut bacteria.  

@Joe Bryant - if you have never fasted before I STRONGLY recommend consulting your doctor before doing a fast this long.  1-2 days no big deal but once you get to day 3 or 4 it can really mess with you if you’ve never done them.  I’ve fasted 24, 48 up to 60 hours in the past couple years.  It’s great discipline and I think good for you.  Good luck!

Last time I did this was involuntary after coming back from Mexico a few years ago.

No food for like 5 days.

I’m roughly your size, a bit taller and about 215. Easily lost 10 lbs. 

I didn't go through the fad diet thread (and this is definitely not a real diet thing), so apologies if honda, but wondering if anyone's done the Phil Mickelson Fast thing.

It's basically a beefed up Bulletproof Coffee and water for 5 day thing. https://golf.com/news/phil-mickelson-coffee-and-water-fast/

A friend of mine did it and had about the same experience as the writer of the article. Sucked for the first couple of days and then fine.

I'm going to give it a try.

I'm in decent shape at 6' 0" / 205.  But definitely would like to be closer to 195. 

Anyone done this before? 
How about a brisket low carb diet?  Don`t hear you talk much about BBQ anymore.

I haven't done the Mickelson fast. I don't drink bulletproof coffee, but I regularly fast with water and black coffee. The common trajectory is just as he describes it. Here's how it usually goes for me.

Day 1: feels hard, constant cravings for food, but it's not even really hunger. It's more psychological cravings for things.

Day 2: really hungry, stomach growling and grumbling a lot. This is actually easier to ignore or power through because the feelings don't last long. Coffee helps a lot with this, as an appetite suppressant. I imagine bulletproof, even more.

Day 3: Starting to diurese a lot of water. Peeing like a race horse. Glycogen stores mostly used up and you start pulling water from places that you'd "third-spaced" so belly flattens, skin looks and feels better. I am usually over the struggle with hunger pangs by day 3, and then it is a cake walk and I can go for 10 days or more with no problem. I also start to feel mental clarity and increased energy and a certain "lightness" (best way to describe it) that may be due to less inflammatory process in my body. Aches and pains gone. Also, Joe, for someone of faith, I think you'll enjoy this period- it is pretty conducive to long bouts of prayer and meditation. You might become a long-term adherent to fasting for the mental/spiritual clarity alone.

Day 4: Boundless energy, increased feeling of physical well-being, upshift in mood. Hunger pangs appear but are very transient. Interesting to experience true hunger, something we, as Americans rarely, if ever, experience.

Depending on how clean your diet is before fasting, you may experience some abdominal cramping and bouts of diarrhea/loose stools while fasting. Feels to me like my guts normalize and probably a lot of shifting in gut flora from overgrowth of bad bacteria to healthier gut bacteria.  
Thank you @ProstheticRGK. The faith element is another thing I'm interested in. For you non spiritual guys, fasting is a pretty big part of a spiritual discipline that is often not practiced much today. I'm interested too in that aspect. Thanks. 

@Joe Bryant - if you have never fasted before I STRONGLY recommend consulting your doctor before doing a fast this long.  1-2 days no big deal but once you get to day 3 or 4 it can really mess with you if you’ve never done them.  I’ve fasted 24, 48 up to 60 hours in the past couple years.  It’s great discipline and I think good for you.  Good luck!
Thanks @AAABatteries That's good advice. My best friend is also my doctor so that's helpful. He thinks I'm kind of ridiculous but he's on board with me doing this. 

How about a brisket low carb diet?  Don`t hear you talk much about BBQ anymore.
Now you're talking. With the Homeless ministry thing changed so much in what I was doing under the bridge, I haven't cooked BBQ in a while! I did a fund raiser event thing in August but haven't cooked since then. I need to get on that!

Thanks @AAABatteries That's good advice. My best friend is also my doctor so that's helpful. He thinks I'm kind of ridiculous but he's on board with me doing this. 
I think just about anybody can do a day. A fit person like yourself is almost always safe doing a couple days and probably longer.  I’ve just heard several people have issues and unexpected things happen when doing 4-5 days on their first fast attempt.

I think just about anybody can do a day. A fit person like yourself is almost always safe doing a couple days and probably longer.  I’ve just heard several people have issues and unexpected things happen when doing 4-5 days on their first fast attempt.
such as?

I switched to fasting around 4 years ago. Since then, I only eat once a day. I’ve experimented with multiple day fasts. I think about 4 days is the longest I’ve went. I didn’t have any other supplements, only water. The worst part is when you begin eating after the fast. It has always messed my stomach up and caused me to feel somewhat ill. I’d start slow first. Jumping into a 6 day fast is no joke.

Electrolyte and nutrient deficiency are the first to come to mind. Those are somewhat easily remedied but you have to plan.  Also, anybody with any kind of blood sugar issues should definitely talk to a doctor.  You can have issues like dizziness and worse.  I had one where honestly I probably didn’t really know what I was doing and went beyond two days and started feeling jittery and just off.

Im not saying somebody is going to drop dead or anything but an extended fast isn’t something to jump in to without some expert advice or planning. 

Tried it..  The XCT coconut oil was brutal.  Felt queasy all day.  Quit after a week.  I think it's worth a try.  Wasn't for me though.

Some friends of mine have crushed it with Noom.  They did the trial.  Then dropped it after 2 weeks but got all the info, app, etc.  I don't exaclty know how it works.  But they are looking svelte for former fat asses.

I’m surprised your doctor friend approved. The scientific data for fasting is limited, although somewhat promising.

My two cents: there are no quick fixes for sustained weight loss, and six days is a long time for an initial fast. You probably will not cause any harm trying it, but it won’t serve as a building block for developing a healthy diet. @mr roboto summarized it well:

A healthier way to lose and retain long-term body fat loss is to find a way to consume a regular diet that is mostly comprised of healthy fruits, vegetables, lean organic proteins and avoid processed carbohydrates foods.
I simplified it a bit, and omitted the “but what fun is that” ending, as trying a bunch of new healthful dishes seems a lot more entertaining than starving myself for nearly a week. But to each their own...

Disclaimer: I really dislike fad diets, including fasting and cleanses, and the way pop nutrition has become focused on macronutrients and supplements, rather than consuming whole foods. TMK, no long-lived population eats that way.

I’m surprised your doctor friend approved. The scientific data for fasting is limited, although somewhat promising.

My two cents: there are no quick fixes for sustained weight loss, and six days is a long time for an initial fast. You probably will not cause any harm trying it, but it won’t serve as a building block for developing a healthy diet. @mr roboto summarized it well:

I simplified it a bit, and omitted the “but what fun is that” ending, as trying a bunch of new healthful dishes seems a lot more entertaining than starving myself for nearly a week. But to each their own...

Disclaimer: I really dislike fad diets, including fasting and cleanses, and the way pop nutrition has become focused on macronutrients rather than whole foods. TMK, no long-lived population eats that way.
This is generally how we try to approach life. KISS, right?

CR69 said:
This is generally how we try to approach life. KISS, right?
Right. But fasting for an arbitrary time period, with a bunch of poorly studied supplements in lieu of food isn’t simple. Eating a minimally processed, plant-based diet is.

I don’t associate phill Michelson with anything fitness or health related.   

That being said, a 24 hour fast, of just water, would be better, imho.  It will ease your body into fasting.  and if the idea is to cleanse the body, more than weight loss, water only, is superior.   Fasting as a primary way of losing weight, probably won’t work long term. If it’s part of a regime, sure, it will help.   But if it’s the only method of weight loss, it’s doomed to fail. 

Right. But fasting for an arbitrary time period, with a bunch of poorly studied supplements in lieu of food isn’t simple. Eating a minimally processed, plant-based diet is.
Yeah definitely referring to the latter part of your post though I have done 48 hour fasts. Haven't gone beyond that yet but have considered it. 

Actually it is pretty simple. :shrug:

As I've said, I'm mostly interested in seeing how my body responds. 

Actually it is pretty simple. :shrug:

As I've said, I'm mostly interested in seeing how my body responds. 
It’s easy to describe, but I doubt the execution will be simple.

How did you choose this particular fasting regimen as the one you’d like to experience? What specifically are you interested in - your energy level, focus, or a deeper appreciation of hunger?

Even though I’m a nonbeliever, I have an easier time understanding the religious motivation for prolonged fasting.

Terminalxylem said:

Disclaimer: I really dislike fad diets, including fasting and cleanses, and the way pop nutrition has become focused on macronutrients and supplements, rather than consuming whole foods. TMK, no long-lived population eats that way.
I think mixing fasting in can be positive more so for showing yourself how disciplined you can be and I do believe going longer periods without eating can lower blood sugar causing your body to have to resort to other types of energy which if you have too much blood sugar and too much body fat can be helpful.

I do believe the largest dietary issue in the US is an insanely high processed carbohydrate intake mainly from white flour and processed sugars but I would agree with you in general process foods are almost always less healthy than natural ones.

I think mixing fasting in can be positive more so for showing yourself how disciplined you can be and I do believe going longer periods without eating can lower blood sugar causing your body to have to resort to other types of energy which if you have too much blood sugar and too much body fat can be helpful.

I do believe the largest dietary issue in the US is an insanely high processed carbohydrate intake mainly from white flour and processed sugars but I would agree with you in general process foods are almost always less healthy than natural ones.
OK, but why not show discipline by establishing a better diet and exercising?

And yes, fasting will transition the body to using ketones for fuel, once glycogen is depleted. But it’s not a long term weight loss strategy for the vast majority of people. It’s a short term answer for a long term problem. I suppose the rapid results may kick start other healthy habits, but I’ve not seen evidence to support that approach.

Abundant processed, hypercaloric food/drink is a huge problem, one that’s compounded by our sedentary lifestyle. But I feel like carbohydrates have been collectively demonized in favor of high fat, protein rich foods, which aren’t especially healthy either. Nobody is advocating eating a bunch of white flour or sugar. Nonetheless, diets consumed in the so-called “blue zones”, known for longevity, bear little resemblance to carbo-phobic stuff Americans seem to be embracing. 

Anyway, I think we basically agree, and don’t want to go off (again) on the low carbohydrate crowd, when Joe is asking about fasting.

:lmao:  I'm sure people will be waiting on pins and needles... 
You'd be surprised. I think a lot of us are interested in hearing how other people our age do with health related stuff especially with your doctor's blessing. I've been watching @Corporationkill it for months in the diet thread, @Judge Smailsdoesnt like calorie counting and regular yoga with adriene but does Adriene's golf yoga all the time and is a keto master, @Zowis doing keto plus tracking calories while looking for time to exercise, @Otisis finally getting into calorie counting, @Berlin, @modogg,@Clown Car , @FBG26and more are all posting updates and making progress and@BassNBrewis doing something totally different and losing big chunks of weight quickly while @fred_1_15301 @Ministry of Pain @krista4and @Alex P Keatonare at and close to their goal weights, respectively, but focused on overall health and giving people a ton of positive feedback.  I know I'm missing some people and I apologize if I missed you but this is off the top of my head without looking-  I'm following all of these people with interest and am every bit as interested in what you're planning to do, and i think others will be too.  I think in a week where we lost a well liked and respected poster the chance to help each other get healthy is more relevant than ever. If you do this I'll be watching with interest. 

So i looked a little into this diet. Quick question is adding MCL or XCT oil to a daily diet a good idea? i have been looking around and it seems that there are some fixed feelings on it, and there are possible negative effects to adding. 

So the knowlegeable people in here, if a regular person were to add a tbs or 2 of MCL or XCT oil to a shake or drink a day, is there any negative that can come of this, and are there positive effects that are worth noting?

ETA: good example is here from webmd.com https://www.webmd.com/diet/mct-oil-health-benefits-common-uses#3. They do say tons of good things about it, but i am trying to figure out how something high in calories that can get you to gain weight is used to lose weight? is it simply using a few tablespoons a day and that is sufficient?

MCT Risks

It’s generally safe to use MCT oil moderately. But you should be careful when using it long-term. Some of the negatives include:

It has a lot of calories. This can cause you to gain weight.

Large amounts of saturated fat may raise your cholesterol.

MCTs may stimulate the release of hunger hormones, making you overeat.

High doses could lead to fat buildup in the liver.

Users who are viewing this thread