Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Cleveland at Kansas City -9.5 (57)*** Progressive vs State Farm


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The uprights are putting in an MVP-caliber performance this weekend.

I'm sure his insurance covers it.

@SethCPayne: Lotta people on here claiming that's the dumbest rule in football have never tried to buy a beer in the 4th quarter.

I am just hoping the Browns can keep it close and give KC a run for their money. I don't believe anyone is going to beat the 14-2 Super Bowl Champions this year, we're going to have the first B2B since the Patriots did it when they won 3 in 4 years back in the '01-'04 era. 

I feel there is at least a 1:4 maybe 1:3 chance the Browns can keep it close enough to say 27-20 late 3rd/early 4th, chance to tie the game and put it into a late game situation where either team kicks a FG and wins, that's what they have to be shooting for. They must score 30+ to have any chance in the football game and they may lack the weapons at WR today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Ministry of Pain changed the title to ***Cleveland at Kansas City -9.5 (57)*** Progressive vs State Farm

If The Browns commit to the run early they could keep this game interesting.

But I don't see their defense slowing down a rested Chiefs offense. The Chiefs may score early and often forcing Cleveland to pass more than want to.

So.......

Chiefs-41.....Browns-17

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Chiefs easy imo. Hoping the Browns dub score a cheap one later to cover

 nice thread title 👍

 I don’t think so. The Chiefs are in trouble for a couple of reasons:

1. Chiefs offensive line is terrible. Mahomes has been drifting into some bad habits again (like moving back in the pocket).

2. Sammy Watkins is not playing. The Chiefs offense is dramatically different when he is in the lineup. The defense can double Hill and Kelce and dare one of the Chiefs other receivers to beat them. Hardman is not good enough to fill that void.

3. Our linebackers are terrible. The Browns strength (running game) goes against our greatest weakness (our run D)

4. The Browns are loose and hungry.  

5. The Chiefs haven’t played a meaningful game in three weeks. And THAT game Mahomes had one of his worst days ever against a horrible defense.

Now, don’t get me wrong. The Chiefs are good. But they are not this great team everyone thinks they are.

This game is gonna be a fight.

Edited by ChiefD
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Although the line has moved down, Cleveland and the points seems like a no brainer. Chiefs D doesn't seem as good as it was last year at this time. They also don't seem to be playing with the same fire. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they lose outright.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is something about this Brown’s team of destiny. Hopefully their coach stays in the basement again to keep the luck going. Chubb and Hunt will be churning yards all day. One or two magical turnovers and this is a coin flip. I like the list ChiefD made and agree with every bit of it. As much as he gets trashed, Watkins is a huge part of what the Chiefs can do on offense. He gives them a very reliable short and mid-range target who can make the tough third down catches when Hill and Kelce are getting all of the attention. This will be a very interesting matchup and I would not be shocked if it is decided in the last seconds of the game. That being said I will be rooting for a Mahomes/Josh Allen matchup next round.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Chiefs haven't been as sharp down the stretch. Whether that was coasting to get to the playoffs or actually having problems remains to be seen. Either way I think the Browns have enough fire power to keep up. 

Chiefs 48 Browns 41

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Titans have played KC well by running Henry a lot and throwing to everyone. The Browns can surely run often and utilize all their WRs since they've had such turnover/injuries this year.

The Titans bend but don't break zone was the most begrudgingly use of the word successful against them. I mean ya know they're gonna put up points and it's about slowing them down some. Mahomes is about dying for a D to take a chance either by CB blitz or jumping a route and he's gonna wreck you for trying. The Browns gotta be disciplined and expect the O to make plays rather than get all down on themselves as we've seen time and again. It happens and it's gonna happen. Deal with it. 

The Titans had an all pro safety to cover Kelce and a very athletic LB handed him off. There were many times, in one game, this got to Mahomes and he spent way too much time looking at Kelce rather than going through his progressions. He didn't do this in the next matchup. Mahomes is awesome with no weakness but maybe this is a chink in his armor? I have my doubts, but the Browns gotta try to get his attention with weird doubles, switches, whatever can make him stare at Kelce too long.

Don't stop the run. Ya know that's an exaggeration so that's what I mean. He made the Titans pay time and again when they geared up to stop the run. I don't care if it's 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 1. Don't do it. Stop the O on the next set of downs. He's got a track team of WRs and he audibles to change a run play, runs to the side taking 7-8 defenders with him, then one of his track stars wins the race. I can remember twice the Titans were in deep zone on 3rd and short and the announcers saying it was odd, then Mahomes tried to get cute and it worked. They're dying for a team to put 8 in the box, don't do it.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChiefD said:

 I don’t think so. The Chiefs are in trouble for a couple of reasons:

1. Chiefs offensive line is terrible. Mahomes has been drifting into some bad habits again (like moving back in the pocket).

2. Sammy Watkins is not playing. The Chiefs offense is dramatically different when he is in the lineup. The defense can double Hill and Kelce and dare one of the Chiefs other receivers to beat them. Hardman is not good enough to fill that void.

3. Our linebackers are terrible. The Browns strength (running game) goes against our greatest weakness (our run D)

4. The Browns are loose and hungry.  

5. The Chiefs haven’t played a meaningful game in three weeks. And THAT game Mahomes had one of his worst days ever against a horrible defense.

Now, don’t get me wrong. The Chiefs are good. But they are not this great team everyone thinks they are.

This game is gonna be a fight.

I agree with a lot of this....I think Robinson will be leaned on more than Hardman to pick up the Watkins slack....I feel there won’t be as many points as people think and each possession will be mega important....KC having to punt will not be a good thing for them as CLE will milk the clock every possession...moving the chains and converting on third and even 4th downs will be huge for CLE.....

CEH is also out....I have the same nervous feeling as I did before every playoff game last year....the other team always seemed to have something that doesn’t match up well for KC.....usually a good running game and ability to milk the clock.....but KC stepped up and I hope they learned from last year and come out with a sense of urgency but also some experienced composure.....the first few possessions will be important to set the tone......I’m not expecting any turnovers but if there are they will as usual be a huge difference maker...

27-21 KC...

Edited by Stinkin Ref
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Browns fall behind early, I hope they are disciplined enough to keep the running game in play.  Seems like most OC's panic once they get down double digits and try to throw 50 times.  

Head says Chiefs 35 Browns 21

Heart says Browns 31 Chiefs 27 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChiefD said:

 I don’t think so. The Chiefs are in trouble for a couple of reasons:

1. Chiefs offensive line is terrible. Mahomes has been drifting into some bad habits again (like moving back in the pocket).

2. Sammy Watkins is not playing. The Chiefs offense is dramatically different when he is in the lineup. The defense can double Hill and Kelce and dare one of the Chiefs other receivers to beat them. Hardman is not good enough to fill that void.

3. Our linebackers are terrible. The Browns strength (running game) goes against our greatest weakness (our run D)

4. The Browns are loose and hungry.  

5. The Chiefs haven’t played a meaningful game in three weeks. And THAT game Mahomes had one of his worst days ever against a horrible defense.

Now, don’t get me wrong. The Chiefs are good. But they are not this great team everyone thinks they are.

This game is gonna be a fight.

I never said the chiefs were great

😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies to Browns fans, but these playoffs are shaping up to be among the heaviest hitters of all quarterback match-ups. With the results of yesterday's games, Rodgers and Josh Allen are already in the semi-finals. Today we should see Mahomes joining them and if that happens, then regardless of the outcome of tonight's game, the next round will feature a battle of the top two QBs of the young guns and two of the top three of the old guys. Can't wait to see that unfold!

I do think that like others have stated, the Browns need to keep running the ball even if they fall behind, but that is much harder to do than to say. With the Chief's explosiveness, it is so difficult to stay patient. Very excited for today's games and I call it KC 41, Cleveland 24.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

I don't believe anyone is going to beat the 14-2 Super Bowl Champions this year

I think the Packers have a shot if that's the SB matchup. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This should be interesting. KC hasn’t played much meaningful football in awhile. Guessing they’re fired up. We know the Browns are amped. I think the Chiefs get down to business and win by 10. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Apologies to Browns fans, but these playoffs are shaping up to be among the heaviest hitters of all quarterback match-ups. With the results of yesterday's games, Rodgers and Josh Allen are already in the semi-finals. Today we should see Mahomes joining them and if that happens, then regardless of the outcome of tonight's game, the next round will feature a battle of the top two QBs of the young guns and two of the top three of the old guys. Can't wait to see that unfold!

I do think that like others have stated, the Browns need to keep running the ball even if they fall behind, but that is much harder to do than to say. With the Chief's explosiveness, it is so difficult to stay patient. Very excited for today's games and I call it KC 41, Cleveland 24.

You're not liking either road team to keep it even close today...could happen that way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IHEARTFF said:

This should be interesting. KC hasn’t played much meaningful football in awhile. Guessing they’re fired up. We know the Browns are amped. I think the Chiefs get down to business and win by 10. 

I think they might still be asleep in the 1st Q or 1st Half today, the last time something mattered was back in February, almost a year ago. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t believe a Ravens fan is rooting for the Browns but these are strange days

That said, the Cleveland D seems to give up a lot of points and Mahomes is otherworldly 

KC, 42-31 but hope I’m wrong 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The_Man said:

Garrett getting chippy w R Tackle

How about making a play instead Myles 

That's the Walter Payton Man Of The Year there!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

The speed on KC's offense made browns d look slow. 

The slow Browns looked slow.

It's like when a girl asks, "Do these pants make me look fat?" and the truthful answer is "No, your fat makes you look fat."

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

The slow Browns looked slow.

It's like when a girl asks, "Do these pants make me look fat?" and the truthful answer is "No, your fat makes you look fat."

Lmao. I just spit out my beer. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Chubb is the best back in the league.

Really? I thought he needed to be more physical on that last carry. Nice blitz pick up tho even the other guy got the sack 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Chubb is the best back in the league.

I agree. His line might have something to do with that, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steve Tasker said:

How much money has Pepsi spent advertising a freakin halftime show over the past 2-3 weeks?

I see what you're saying, but that is the halftime show that every woman in the world watches at Super Bowl parties while the men who are into football congregate in the other room watching the NFL Network. It's so stereotypical but it absolutely happens.  

Seems like good reach, actually. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...