What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Cleveland at Kansas City -9.5 (57)*** Progressive vs State Farm (1 Viewer)

Brilliant play call by Andy Reid

4th and an inch, shotgun, throw with Henne as your QB

Brass Balls!!!

Wow. Balls.

That’s balls by Reid. I think going for it was the right call, but going for it from shotgun was gutsy.

Pure balls to call that on 4th and inches with a backup QB...

Ballsiest call of Reid’s career

LOOK AT THE NUTS ON ANDY REID 

😳

Ballzy call there.

Why was Henne in? Had to step out away from the game. I come back and Chad friggin Henne scrambles for 14 yards. 

This?

"For many years, NFL rules have allowed ball carriers, usually quarterbacks, to protect themselves by sliding feet-first. But this year that rule is changing — a significant change that has received little attention.

In 2018, the NFL is considering a player to have given himself up if he dives head first, the same way a player has given himself up when he slides feet first. That means a player can’t be hit after he goes into a head-first dive, and it also means the ball will be spotted at the point where the player began to dive, rather than at the point where the player finished moving forward."
And they got eviscerated for calling down plays where QBs were clearly diving for end zones or first downs (as they should be!)...and stopped applying it to such plays. It still applies when he's clearly just avoiding a hit in the middle of the field

I think the fumbling rule is fine. Don't reach for the goal line and it won't happen. You can't cheat the yard down there. You have to know the rule.
But do it anywhere else on the field and it's cool. You'll get the ball back where you dropped it. Come on.

I think the fumbling rule is fine. Don't reach for the goal line and it won't happen. You can't cheat the yard down there. You have to know the rule.
I actually agree with this. We all know it’s an extremely penal rule but you can’t be cavalier with the ball

Why was Henne in? Had to step out away from the game. I come back and Chad friggin Henne scrambles for 14 yards. 
Mahomes sustained a Concussion in the 2nd Half, pretty bad one in terms of his eyes glassy, wobbly getting up but we really did not see a H2H hit, looked more like a WWE takedown

Last edited by a moderator:
They did but the whole game changes if they score there. It's an absolutely awful rule.
That’s your opinion but it’s a rule.  They couldn’t beat Chad Henne with an INT and 2 missed kicks from Butker.  Terrible clock management  down the stretch from the Browns. They deserved to lose.  

I never thought Browns would have had a shot if you told me before the game we get the ball down 5 with 8 mins left I would have taken it.  Of course if Mahomes doesn't get hurt they likely never have that chance.

I came in today thinking no chance to win so I was prepared for a loss but to lose this way is haunting.

The missed helmet to helmet on Higgins fumble was huge, but Cleveland had chances too. Their last drive was atrocious with a wasted timeout and absolutely awful 2nd and 3rd down play calls. Even with the bad playcall, Mayfield panicking and throwing the ball away on 2nd and 11 in that critical situation was a terrible play. When the game was on the line, the game sped up for him and he didn’t make the plays that needed to be made.

Defense held the Chiefs to 22 points.

they did their job. 
Good post, Browns should have scored more points in the first half and as @Deztold us repeatedly the fumble out of the end zone would be the difference in the game and it was. 

But Cleveland still put themselves in position to win the game, they've come a long way and should not hold their heads down in shame. 

The missed helmet to helmet on Higgins fumble was huge, but Cleveland had chances too. Their last drive was atrocious with a wasted timeout and absolutely awful 2nd and 3rd down play calls. Even with the bad playcall, Mayfield panicking and throwing the ball away on 2nd and 11 in that critical situation was a terrible play. When the game was on the line, the game sped up for him and he didn’t make the plays that needed to be made.
And if Cleve scores the TD, Mahomes likely doesn't get hurt.

Huh. Why is Mahomes watching the game and tweeting stuff out? Protocol after initial concussion bad enough to knock you out of the game should be no digital screens. Maybe a sign Mahomes will be just fine.

It’s a result driven response to that last play. It’s not a good call, it just worked. 
100%.  Like those saying they were dumb to run Mahomes on that play.... he runs for a TD and it's great.  Hindsight fans are the worst haha.

Happy KC won though, Cleve/Buff would have sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread