Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Cleveland at Kansas City -9.5 (57)*** Progressive vs State Farm

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The uprights are putting in an MVP-caliber performance this weekend.

I'm sure his insurance covers it.

@SethCPayne: Lotta people on here claiming that's the dumbest rule in football have never tried to buy a beer in the 4th quarter.

Just now, G-King said:

You just described Pederson’s career. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Agree to a degree.  He was pretty consistently aggressive though as he went for it on 4th more than any other coach and he based a lot on analytics.  Even when he went for it and was stopped short I was often a fan of the call if it made sense at the time.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Cleve/Buff would have sucked.

It would have been better than Henne/Buff, if that's what the public ends up with.

That said, I wonder if anyone parlayed Cle and Buf to be in the AFCC. What would the odds have been?

• Like 1
Just now, Grigs Allmoon said:

It would have been better than Henne/Buff, if that's what the public ends up with.

That said, I wonder if anyone parlayed Cle and Buf to be in the AFCC. What would the odds have been?

Debatable on the top line, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt there.  I'd guess Buff would/will be favoured by about 7 points whether its a Henne/Buff or Cleve/Buff game.

15 minutes ago, Gachi said:

Why was Henne in? Had to step out away from the game. I come back and Chad friggin Henne scrambles for 14 yards. 

Mahomes was benched for being ineffective.

• Thanks 1

Great season for the Browns.    Major changes have to happen on the defensive side of the ball next season maybe starting with a new DC.    Cleveland has come a long way in a year.   

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Gachi said:

Why was Henne in? Had to step out away from the game. I come back and Chad friggin Henne scrambles for 14 yards. 

Mahomes was ejected for removing his own helmet and chasing Myles Garrett with it.

(We could do this all night.)

• Laughing 2
29 minutes ago, Dez said:

Browns had their shot had the ball with 8 mins left down 5.  They couldn't get it done when they had to have it.

:goodposting:

204 yards and 1/1 TD/INT won’t get it done against the Chiefs

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Moe Green said:

They lost because their defense absolutely sucks.

Terrible take. Def intercepted Henne in the EZ and gave the offense a chance, Mayfield couldn’t get it done.

You hold the Chiefs to 22 pts and that is all you can ask for.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JoeSteeler said:

Terrible take. Def intercepted Henne in the EZ and gave the offense a chance, Mayfield couldn’t get it done.

You hold the Chiefs to 22 pts and that is all you can ask for.

I'm sorry. You watched today's game?

• Laughing 1
3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I'm sorry. You watched today's game?

Bottom like is allowing only 22 pts and putting your offense In position to drive down for the go ahead/winning score. Can’t ask for more than that.

Edited by JoeSteeler
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, JoeSteeler said:

Bottom like is allowing only 22 pts and putting your offense In position to drive down and score. Can’t ask for more than that.

All right, I can see what you're saying. Yes, the offense didn't get it done either.

50 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Just an FYI: if Mahomes isn’t into phase 5 of the concussion protocol by Friday, then he can’t play Sunday.

Yeah. You guys caught a break with that injury.  Probably the determining factor next week.

Chiefs got lucky this week to even get the opportunity.

Bills should be the favorite next week and should win that game. Henne just can’t beat that stout Bills D.

Oh well, a good season and we continue one more week. Browns had a great year - that team is building something really good. A force down the road for sure.

Browns will be back next year. 

to do what they did this year with a new coach and all the interruptions was impressive. 

young team that can build on this effort... I’m excited for next year. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, amnesiac said:

Browns will be back next year. 

to do what they did this year with a new coach and all the interruptions was impressive. 

young team that can build on this effort... I’m excited for next year. 

Yep. Need to get some players on the defensive side of the ball. If they do, it could get exciting in a hurry.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The General said:

Yeah. He annoys the #### out of me :lol:

40 minutes ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

The honeymoon is over, unless he finally learns to relax and not talk so much and about every last thing.

But but but... he's an all-time great!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Insein said:

Anywhere else on the field you can't advance a fumble. It goes back to where the player lost the ball. Except there. So stupid.

you cant be allowed to just go balls to the wall and fumble it into (without crossing) the end zone in possesion with no penalty....take care of the ball....if you chose to expose it...that on you ....whats the "fair" rule?....if you don't value the ball, its not the defenses fault....you don't just get a 'free pass" cause your by the goaline....in fact, you should feel the pain so to speak....

9 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

For those saying they hate the rule - what would you prefer they do, offense keeps the ball at the spot of the fumble? I’d be cool with that.

nope...you can't "ignore" the fact the ball was loose and went forward through the end zone......

9 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Disagree but it's frustrating...KC lead with helmet and I'm not sure what result that would have made but it wasn't called and it impacted the play

if we are going to call helmet to helmet there we would be calling it on literally every other play....

• Thinking 1
9 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

How is helmet to helmet not reviewable?   "We are going to cut down on head contact but no reviews. "   crazy

you would be reviewing every other play in the game....including when the runner leads with the crown of the helmet...

8 hours ago, babydemon90 said:

Yea, such a dumb, game changing rule. It goes out at the 1, offense has ball at the 1.  It goes out 1 yard later, ball goes to the defense? wtf.

taking it to the extreme....you should not be allowed to just chuck it into and possibly through the endzone if you think you aren't going to score...

bottom line:.....the end zone is different then other areas of the field....not sure why that is so hard for people to understand....

8 hours ago, Grigs Allmoon said:

To expand... You fumble at the 3, it goes out at the 1, you get it at the 1.

You fumble at the 15, it goes out at the 1, you get it at the 1.

nope...or dudes we be chucking it out of bounds 30 yards down the field on purpose....

9 hours ago, Deamon said:

I actually like this.

so its cool to intentionally fumble it into the endzone and if its goes out of bounds....no big deal...?....worst thing that can happen is you keep it at he 20?....I don't think so...

2 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

so its cool to intentionally fumble it into the endzone and if its goes out of bounds....no big deal...?....worst thing that can happen is you keep it at he 20?....I don't think so...

Why would anyone intentionally fumble it into the endzone?

And no, it is a huge deal.  1st and 20 at the 20 is WAY worse than 1st and goal at the 1. 

9 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Why would anyone intentionally fumble it into the endzone?

And no, it is a huge deal.  1st and 20 at the 20 is WAY worse than 1st and goal at the 1. 

the rule was actually put in place after Stabler intentionally fumbled into the end zone when he knew he couldn't score....so a teammate....Casper..... could potentially recover it for a TD.....you can't just "fumble" into the end zone on purpose.....it called the holy roller....you can't leave it up to the refs to determine your "intent"....you have to look at it like its the last play of the game....period

1 minute ago, Stinkin Ref said:

the rule was actually put in place after Stabler intentionally fumbled into the end zone when he knew he couldn't score....so a teammate....Casper..... could potentially recover it for a TD.....you can't just "fumble" into the end zone on purpose.....it called the holy roller....you can't leave it up to the refs to determine your "intent"....you have to look at it like its the last play of the game....period

And now you can't advance the ball even if you fumble it into the endzone.... so I think this is a different thing here.  No one would intentionally fumble into the endzone if it would bring the ball back 20 yards and if you couldn't get a TD if your team recovered it in the endzone.

18 minutes ago, Deamon said:

And now you can't advance the ball even if you fumble it into the endzone.... so I think this is a different thing here.  No one would intentionally fumble into the endzone if it would bring the ball back 20 yards and if you couldn't get a TD if your team recovered it in the endzone.

sure you would....if you were in bounds and the clock was running and you knew you would be tackled at the two and the clock would run out....why not throw/ fumble it through the end zone if you knew you would get another play at the 20....

Just now, Stinkin Ref said:

sure you would....if you were in bounds and the clock was running and you knew you would be tackled at the two and the clock would run out....why not throw/ fumble it through the end zone if you knew you would get another play at the 20....

lol this seems like such a rare situation that you're saying a team is down by 1-8 points, with no timeouts, and under 10 seconds on the clock, where they are being tackled exactly at the 1 yard line. 

If you're talking about a clock issue being the only issue with this, then there's ways around that.  Give it a 10 second runoff under 2 min.  Make it not allowed with under 2 minutes in the game. 

There's ways around it, but again that was just one suggestion that someone else made.  The extreme majority think that the touchback-to-other-team-rule is absolutely ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

or imagine you get your dome crushed at the one yard line line. 

why wouldn’t you pretend to go limp and try to advance the ball?

thank goodness they put this rule in place!

1 minute ago, Deamon said:

lol this seems like such a rare situation that you're saying a team is down by 1-8 points, with no timeouts, and under 10 seconds on the clock, where they are being tackled exactly at the 1 yard line. 

If you're talking about a clock issue being the only issue with this, then there's ways around that.  Give it a 10 second runoff under 2 min.  Make it not allowed with under 2 minutes in the game. 

There's ways around it, but again that was just one suggestion that someone else made.  The extreme majority think that the touchback-to-other-team-rule is absolutely ridiculous. 

That’s the thing about rules... you HAVE to take it to the extreme.....that’s actually exactly why they are called rules..

The end zone is a different beast....people have to realize that

50 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

nope...or dudes we be chucking it out of bounds 30 yards down the field on purpose....

This is basically the high school rule and it does happen and teams do coach it. 4th and 6. Screen pass near the sidelines. WR wrapped up for a gain of 4 and rolls it 3 yards forwards and out of bounds before he is blown down. First down. There is risk, but in certain situations, it makes sense. 

5 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

That’s the thing about rules... you HAVE to take it to the extreme.....that’s actually exactly why they are called rules..

The end zone is a different beast....people have to realize that

Ok sure.  With your extreme circumstance, there is a 20 second run off under 2 minutes for a fumble in the endzone, then brought back to the 20.  No possible scenarios there where any team would purposely do that, or where it wouldn't really hurt the team to do it.

9 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

or imagine you get your dome crushed at the one yard line line. 

why wouldn’t you pretend to go limp and try to advance the ball?

thank goodness they put this rule in place!

Not sure where you're going here.  What would be the advantage to advancing the ball at the one yard line if it brings it back to the 20?

1 minute ago, cheese said:

This is basically the high school rule and it does happen and teams do coach it. 4th and 6. Screen pass near the sidelines. WR wrapped up for a gain of 4 and rolls it 3 yards forwards and out of bounds before he is blown down. First down. There is risk, but in certain situations, it makes sense. 

1 minute ago, cheese said:

Actually it can and should be called an illegal forward pass... and be penalized from spot of foul....

4 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Ok sure.  With your extreme circumstance, there is a 20 second run off under 2 minutes for a fumble in the endzone, then brought back to the 20.  No possible scenarios there where any team would purposely do that, or where it wouldn't really hurt the team to do it.

The end zone is different beast...not sure what you don’t understand about how big of a factor that is....

3 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Not sure where you're going here.  What would be the advantage to advancing the ball at the one yard line if it brings it back to the 20?

there isn’t one. he got hit helmet to helmet at the one yard line. 

it happens, and they lost. 

I have always thought it was a dumb rule, and it played out that way tonight. 

1 minute ago, Stinkin Ref said:

Actually it can and should be called an illegal forward pass... and be penalized from spot of foul....

The crews have always told us on the sidelines it has to be completely blatant throw of the ball for them to consider a flag for that. Anything even somewhat resembling a fumble, intent doesn’t matter and it goes to the spot it goes out of bounds. The reason I said “basically” is you said 30 yards. I think if you threw it 30 yards, they might deem that a forward pass. 

Just now, Stinkin Ref said:

The end zone is different beast...not sure what you don’t understand about how big of a factor that is....

Again, name one scenario where my above rule would be an issue.

Fumble into the endzone, it comes back to the 20 yard line and offense keeps the ball.

Under 2 minutes left in a half, and there's a 20 second run off.  

And go.

1 minute ago, amnesiac said:

there isn’t one. he got hit helmet to helmet at the one yard line. 

it happens, and they lost. 

I have always thought it was a dumb rule, and it played out that way tonight. 

So if it’s dumb....what the smart rule.....?

7 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

Sure, let that happen.  Guy at the 1 yard line fumbles it forward and call it an illegal forward pass from the spot of the foul and bring the ball back.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

So NFL rule is:
If a second forward pass is made, a loss of down is enacted and a five yard penalty occurs from the spot of the foul.

I would agree with this too.  Loss of down, move the ball 5 yards back from the 1 yard line where the player fumbled.  Give them a clock run off if this happens under 2 minutes left.