Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Cleveland at Kansas City -9.5 (57)*** Progressive vs State Farm

I know a lot of Bell's style is patience and knowing how his line blocks/flows  into the play, but he's really struggled in his Chiefs' tenure.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The uprights are putting in an MVP-caliber performance this weekend.

I'm sure his insurance covers it.

@SethCPayne: Lotta people on here claiming that's the dumbest rule in football have never tried to buy a beer in the 4th quarter.

1 minute ago, The Frankman said:

I know a lot of Bell's style is patience and knowing how his line blocks/flows  into the play, but he's really struggled in his Chiefs' tenure.

I think that Bell’s patience has evolved into sluggishness

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

I see what you're saying, but that is the halftime show that every woman in the world watches at Super Bowl parties while the men who are into football congregate in the other room watching the NFL Network. It's so stereotypical but it absolutely happens.  

Seems like good reach, actually. 

I mean I don't mind The Weeknd (though I do think his transformation from drug-addled depressingly-sexual R&B artist to clean-cut pop star has been hilarious)....I just don't get the promos for it for weeks on end leading up to the show.  Then again I'm not in marketing.

2 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Or it could be Bell was never that great and was largely the creation of the Steelers' dominant line at the time.

Just now, Steve Tasker said:

I mean I don't mind The Weeknd (though I do think his transformation from drug-addled depressingly-sexual R&B artist to clean-cut pop star has been hilarious)....I just don't get the promos for it for weeks on end leading up to the show.  Then again I'm not in marketing.

It's especially tough when there is no monoculture anyone and it took me (who was late to the game on the Weeknd because I was just never that curious to find out about him) a few moments to know who they were talking about when they finally showed him (which I understand has always been part of his gig -- smartly. Not because he's ugly, but because it was just slick anti-marketing).

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

So officially no Combine this year. :kicksrock:

Sure it's a marketing ploy, but it's fun.

No Combine?

Well, that sucks. I really do want to know what they run when it's all standard. I think dynasty second and third round picks are really up in the air, then.

Bell was legit good, his process was solid. Not everyone is a creation of their lines.

ooo Air kelce for 6.

1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

Andy Reid’s mask looks like a Chiefs branded feed bag . Just doesn’t look right

Looks like? I'd bet even money there's oats in there.

Edited by Andy Dufresne
1 minute ago, The Frankman said:

Bell was legit good, his process was solid. Not everyone is a creation of their lines.

ooo Air kelce for 6.

Yeah, and he's done what since he left? Nothing. Nada. Squat. He was legitimately a good receiver out of the backfield.

3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

It's especially tough when there is no monoculture anyone and it took me (who was late to the game on the Weeknd because I was just never that curious to find out about him) a few moments to know who they were talking about when they finally showed him (which I understand has always been part of his gig -- smartly. Not because he's ugly, but because it was just slick anti-marketing).

The Trilogy was pretty good, albeit maybe a little too much filler for me, like most double/triple albums.  He's got a tremendous voice that really lends itself to a slick, club-friendly R&B sound.  His cover of "Dirty Diana" is probably my favorite of his - it's fantastic.  

But I've kinda lost track of him over the past few years.  I know the radio hits but just wasn't drawn enough to his music to really keep up with his stuff.  I don't even think I listened to that 2020 album.

5 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Yeah, and he's done what since he left? Nothing. Nada. Squat. He was legitimately a good receiver out of the backfield.

Body breaks down after all those years of pounding. That's why RBs want to get paid early and he was underpaid; now he's obviously not the runner he was but he can still be pretty good as long as his vision/decision-making hold up.

Edited by The Frankman

I'm not really sure why people bag on Mayfield.  I know the Browns had all that hype last year and kinda fell apart, but he's looked pretty good to me for much of the season.  Perfect touch on that throw to Peoples-Jones right there.

• Like 2
Just now, Steve Tasker said:

I'm not really sure why people bag on Mayfield.  I know the Browns had all that hype last year and kinda fell apart, but he's looked pretty good to me for much of the season.  Perfect touch on that throw to Peoples-Jones right there.

He looked real bad last year. Like he would constantly roll to his right and flail the ball out of bounds. I had him as a fantasy QB in Summerpalooza so I watched him. It wasn't pretty. I traded him in the end it was so bad. I mean, he did nothing statistically or play-wise. It was enough where publications were questioning whether he was the answer.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Body breaks down after all those years of pounding. That's why RBs want to get paid early and he was underpaid, he's obviously not the runner he was but he can still be pretty good as long as his vision/decisionmaking hold up.

Tiptoeing to the line is generally not called "patience" like his was, and I still think it was the line moving mountains for him that made him so good. He wasn't built well, wasn't fast, and crept up to the line. He had very few explosive plays over twenty, so it was more volume than anything.

3 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

Surprised KC didn’t challenge

That was out of bounds. He didn't get both in. I was surprised, too.

27 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I picked a bad time to jump into this thread.  🙂

• Like 3