Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Cleveland at Kansas City -9.5 (57)*** Progressive vs State Farm

1 minute ago, DallasDMac said:

Do you really need to spin the ball because you did what you get paid to do? And then follow it up with that.

It's like he got KC fired up yet he was en route to the end zone...if he had just caught it and went down instead of trying to be the hero, Cleveland would have had it 1st and goal and powerful combo at RB to play with. 

Why don't more coaches coach their players NOT do to that?  If it is the last play of the game, sure, you lay out for the score, but that in situation, there is no reason whatsoever to do.  

I remember Eric Mangini saying once that Belichick coaches his players to not do that and that anyone who does will be benched.  

Just now, AAABatteries said:

For those saying they hate the rule - what would you prefer they do, offense keeps the ball at the spot of the fumble? I’d be cool with that.

Of course, that’s what they do with literally every fumble that goes out of bounds. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, AAABatteries said:

For those saying they hate the rule - what would you prefer they do, offense keeps the ball at the spot of the fumble? I’d be cool with that.

Yes.  Giving the ball to the defense when they didn't recover it doesn't make much sense. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AAABatteries said:

Exactly this. Just like everywhere else on the field. 

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

It's like fighting for an extra half yard when you're nowhere near a first down or TD. You increase the likelihood of injury or turnover - it's not worth it.

But you're basically telling a guy to fight against instinct. Goal line is there and the objective is to score. 

• Like 2

So what do you do about that touchback rule if you’re against it?

I like that it punishes dumb decisions but players are still not getting it. If they didn’t make it a turnover, what would be fair punishment for that kind of mistake?

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

It's like fighting for an extra half yard when you're nowhere near a first down or TD. You increase the likelihood of injury or turnover - it's not worth it.

Nobody does Hindsight like Andy ;)

If he scores instead of being hit H2H and fumble at the half yard line, we aren't having this discussion at all.