What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Cleveland at Kansas City -9.5 (57)*** Progressive vs State Farm (1 Viewer)

I hate the rule, but that's a stupid mistake.  No need to reach out for the score like that. Plenty of time and you would have had the ball at the 1. Terrible. 

Do you really need to spin the ball because you did what you get paid to do? And then follow it up with that.
It's like he got KC fired up yet he was en route to the end zone...if he had just caught it and went down instead of trying to be the hero, Cleveland would have had it 1st and goal and powerful combo at RB to play with. 

Why don't more coaches coach their players NOT do to that?  If it is the last play of the game, sure, you lay out for the score, but that in situation, there is no reason whatsoever to do.  

I remember Eric Mangini saying once that Belichick coaches his players to not do that and that anyone who does will be benched.  

If the ball went out at the 1, Cleveland would have the ball at the 1. How does this rule exist?!????????

It's like fighting for an extra half yard when you're nowhere near a first down or TD. You increase the likelihood of injury or turnover - it's not worth it.

Cleveland has no defensive answer at all.  With the dropped passes by the Browns this game is over!  Good news Mayfield looks great.  

So what do you do about that touchback rule if you’re against it?

I like that it punishes dumb decisions but players are still not getting it. If they didn’t make it a turnover, what would be fair punishment for that kind of mistake?

It's like fighting for an extra half yard when you're nowhere near a first down or TD. You increase the likelihood of injury or turnover - it's not worth it.
Nobody does Hindsight like Andy  ;)

If he scores instead of being hit H2H and fumble at the half yard line, we aren't having this discussion at all.

Users who are viewing this thread