What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Tampa Bay vs New Orleans -3(52.5)*** The Senior Bowl (1 Viewer)

The other 3 Playoff games, I really could care less who wins other than I just think KC and Mahomes are good enough to win B2B Titles, that doesn't happen very often. But this game I will be rooting pretty hard for the Bucs, I lived in Tampa//St Pete for several years in the 90s, watched the Bucs go from orange creamsicle to pewter and red. There for the end of Wyche and the hiring of Tony Dungy which forever changed the arc of that franchise along with a slew of amazing draft picks including a few Hall of Fame players. 

As a lifelong Dolphins fan it is hard to root for Tom Brady but I do love the Bucs and they are my NFC team and I think they have a much better chance to beat Green Bay next week, that's my opinion. Brady played Michigan and New England, cold weather won't kill him. 

Go Bucs!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Saints D has been solid all year. Bucs O is red hot.

Record of teams Bucs have beaten during hot streak is 27-53

It's Brady vs Brees but I'll ride with Saints Defense to make a few plays

Saints-27.....Bucs-24

Saints will be without both Latavius Murray and Taysom Hill today. That takes away a good chunk of the Saints typical short yardage packages. Also makes it more challenging to spell Kamara, though Ty Montgomery looked useful at RB in week 17.

Saints will be without both Latavius Murray and Taysom Hill today. That takes away a good chunk of the Saints typical short yardage packages. Also makes it more challenging to spell Kamara, though Ty Montgomery looked useful at RB in week 17.
Role players but certainly a bigger part of the bench than what other teams can insert on their offenses. I think this game will come down to Brady making plays in the passing game with his 3 WRs and decent talent at TE. Bucs will not be able to lean on the running game, even if they manage to get a lead, they can't really shorten the game much. 

Saints defense and how well Brees plays will be the determining factors. The Saints defense has been able to get pressure on Brady and that must continue today. Brees must be efficient and use his plethora of weapons, Kamara, Michael Thomas, Sanders and Cook in particular. The Saints have been a running team, but they have the pieces to use the short passing game as a running game to rest Kamara.

Saints 38 Bucs 21.

Brady is 1-5 against teams above .500 this year.  5 ints in two meetings against the Saints.  If Brees remotely shows up today, there's no doubt how this one ends.  Amazing people were actually saying Brady was in the MVP discussion.

Brady is 1-5 against teams above .500 this year.  5 ints in two meetings against the Saints.  If Brees remotely shows up today, there's no doubt how this one ends.  Amazing people were actually saying Brady was in the MVP discussion.
Oh my.....how you underestimate what Tom does in the Post Season. 

Oh my.....how you underestimate what Tom does in the Post Season. 
Nah.  We've just seen how Brady plays against a real defense this year.  No RoJo.  Evans has 0 catches against Lattimore in their last 3 meetings.  I'm not predicting anything, but as a Saints fan, I'm not nervous at this point.

gonna be contrarian here. I don't think this will be close. New Orleans plays fired up in Drew's final home game and swarms TB by 14+

renesauz said:
I agree. BUt also have to admit that THIS call was consistent with how they've been calling them, so hard to complain about the ref. 
I'm not complaining about the ref. I'm complaining about these rules that make it impossible to avoid penalties in certain situations.

If the Bucs do not get Antonio Brown involved a lot, not 3 targets or 4 touches, they must get Brown involved and be the wildcard or that 3rd receiver that makes the Saints cover him. 

I need to see a much different set of plays here on the 2nd drive. Did not like Fournette up the middle on 1st Down, that is a total lost play. 

A lot of talk about the Bucs offense playing so much better....but they did so against average and sub-par defences. Doing it against a good D on the road is a different ball of wax altogether, and I don't think we're going to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread