What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2021 NFL Draft Class (2 Viewers)

Faust

MVP
Directory of Player Threads:

Dynasty: QB Trevor Lawrence, Clemson

Dynasty: QB Justin Fields, Ohio State

Dynasty: QB Trey Lance, North Dakota State

Dynasty: QB Mac Jones, Alabama

Dynasty: QB Zach Wilson, BYU

Dynasty: QB Kyle Trask, Florida

[2021] Travis Etienne - Clemson RB

Dynasty: RB Najee Harris, Alabama

Dynasty Watch Javonte Williams - RB UNC

Dynasty: RB Chuba Hubbard, Oklahoma State

Trey Sermon transfers from Oklahoma to Ohio St.

Jaret Patterson - RB - University at Buffalo

Dynasty: RB Kylin Hill, Miss St

Dynasty: RB Jermar Jefferson, Oregon St

Dynasty: RB Kenneth Gainwell, Memphis

Dynasty: RB Michael Carter, UNC

Dynasty: RB Rhamondre Stevenson, OU

Dynasty: RB Demetric Felton, UCLA

Dynasty: RB Elijah Mitchell, Louisiana

Dynasty: RB Larry Rountree III, Missouri

Dynasty: RB Javian Hawkins, Louisville

Dynasty: RB Khalil Herbert, Virginia Tech

Dynasty (2021) WR Ja'Marr Chase, LSU

Scouting DeVonta Smith: Alabama WR reminiscent of Marvin Harrison

Dynasty: WR Jaylen Waddle, Alabama

Rondale Moore, WR Purdue

Dynasty: WR Rashod Bateman, MN Gophers

Dynasty: WR Sage Surratt, Wake Forest

Dynasty: WR Terrace Marshall Jr., LSU

Dynasty: WR Seth Williams, Auburn

Dynasty: WR Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State

Dynasty: Austin Watkins - WR UAB

Dynasty: WR D'Wayne Eskridge, Western Michigan

Dynasty: WR Jaelon Darden, North Texas

Dynasty: WR Amon-Ra St. Brown, USC

Dynasty: WR Kadarius Toney, Florida

Dynasty: WR Elijah Moore, Ole Miss

Dynasty: WR Dyami Brown, UNC

Dynasty: WR Marquez Stevenson, Houston

Dynasty: WR Tutu Atwell, Louisville

Dynasty: WR Tyler Vaughns, USC

Dynasty: WR Frank Darby, ASU

Dynasty: Tamorrion Terry WR Florida State

Dynasty: WR Amari Rodgers, Clemson (the name alone guarantees fantasy success)

Dynasty: WR Simi Fehoko, Stanford

Dynasty: WR Nico Collins, Michigan

Kyle Pitts TE Florida

Dynasty: TE Pat Freiermuth, Penn St

Dynasty: TE Brevin Jordan, University of Miami

Dynasty: TE Hunter Long, Boston College

Dynasty: TE Tommy Tremble, Notre Dame

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL memo details different format for combine; individual workouts will be held on pro days

The NFL has informed teams, via a memo obtained by NFL Network's Tom Pelissero on Monday, that the 2021 NFL Scouting Combine is officially changing formats.

Among the alterations will be no in-person workouts at the combine as they will take place at colleges' pro days, all interviews and psychological testing will be virtual and there will be limited in-person medical exams.

The largest change to the traditionally week-long showcase of college prospects in February is that, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, there will be no in-person workouts at the combine in 2021.

"Instead, any workouts will take place on the individual pro days on college campuses," the memo reads.

The league added it would work with individual schools to achieve consistency in the dills and testing that takes place with each NFL team gaining access of video for the workouts. Schools also will be asked to conduct virtual media availabilities with combine invitees to help "promote" the prospects and the 2021 NFL Draft.

In addition, the NFL is currently working alongside club physicians and trainers to develop a way in which to obtain "comprehensive medical information on each of the invited prospects." In-person testing will be available for "a certain number of prospects" at designated locations, likely in early April.

All teams' interviews and psychological testing is going to be done virtually under the coordination of Jeff Foster and his staff.

Along with all the listed changes, the absence of in-person workouts will prevent the usual gatherings of team front-office members, coaches and agents that lead to talk about pending free agency, as pointed out by NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.

There was discussion about this in another thread:

If Penei Sewell is available at pick three, do you think the Dolphins should take him despite taking Austin Jackson and Robert Hunt last year? Is he clearly that much of an upgrade?

He’s an upgrade over Austin Jackson, but I don’t think he’s enough of an upgrade to use the third pick of the draft on him.  I also have my concerns about Sewell’s ability to play right tackle.  

Got any draft profiles on Jermar Jefferson?
2.04    Jermar Jefferson    RB    5-10    210    Oregon State

• Field vision is a strength for Jermar Jefferson, and he displays good patience working off of his blocks and instinctive running.  He can explode through a crease quickly and runs with surprising power, good contact balance, excellent lateral agility and quickness, and adequate speed.  Jefferson has a tendency to rely a bit too much upon his speed, and while that may have proven effective against PAC-12 opponents, it may not bring great success in the NFL.  Jermar Jefferson can be an effective check-down receiver; he has reliable hands, and once he is in space, he has the run skills and creativity to generate yards in chunks.  Jefferson is a multi-faceted back, and at 5-10, 210, he has the size and frame to develop into a three-down back, although he may project as more of a rotational back in the NFL.  You are drafting Jefferson for his tremendous upside potential.  His destination, however, will play a huge role in determining his fantasy draft slot.
  • NFL Comparison: Mike Weber, with Aaron Jones upside

2.04    Jermar Jefferson    RB    5-10    210    Oregon State

• Field vision is a strength for Jermar Jefferson, and he displays good patience working off of his blocks and instinctive running.  He can explode through a crease quickly and runs with surprising power, good contact balance, excellent lateral agility and quickness, and adequate speed.  Jefferson has a tendency to rely a bit too much upon his speed, and while that may have proven effective against PAC-12 opponents, it may not bring great success in the NFL.  Jermar Jefferson can be an effective check-down receiver; he has reliable hands, and once he is in space, he has the run skills and creativity to generate yards in chunks.  Jefferson is a multi-faceted back, and at 5-10, 210, he has the size and frame to develop into a three-down back, although he may project as more of a rotational back in the NFL.  You are drafting Jefferson for his tremendous upside potential.  His destination, however, will play a huge role in determining his fantasy draft slot.
  • NFL Comparison: Mike Weber, with Aaron Jones upside
Love the comparison...little room for error on that one!

Love the comparison...little room for error on that one!
LOL  I may need to refine that a bit, but those were the two players who I was most reminded of when watching film of Jermar Jefferson (at different ends of the spectrum).  I can safely say Jefferson likely falls somewhere in between!

LOL  I may need to refine that a bit, but those were the two players who I was most reminded of when watching film of Jermar Jefferson (at different ends of the spectrum).  I can safely say Jefferson likely falls somewhere in between!
I kind of liked the way you said it though.  Players like this have a wide range of outcomes.  It's important to look at them in terms of their ceiling and their floor.  

I love Devonta Smith but I could bring myself to take him over Elijah Moore, Surratt, Bateman or Chase at this point.

RB’s are mediocre in a sense just due to age. I think Etienne and Harris can be studs but you’re gonna have a lot of wear on them already. Wouldn't surprise me to see only a two or three year peak early. Sermon is gonna be the guy giving everyone fits. I like Ken Gainwell quite a bit but you gotta hope he’s put on weight and up over 200 lbs. Jermar Jefferson is a great sleeper. Jaret Patterson and Stevie Scott are two guys I’m trying to get a better feel of that are on my deep sleeper radar. 

QB’s are gold this year. Love five of them. I’m on the fence about Trask. I don’t think he’s good despite his padded Senior season. Lawrence, Fields, Lance, Wilson and Mac Jones I would take a chance on in a heartbeat in SF or if I needed a QB. If Jaime Newman balls out at the Senior Bowl he could still be a late riser but not my cup of tea.

Kyle Pitts and Pat Friermuth look like the real deal. Watch Bowling Green’s Quintin Morris during Senior Bowl week. He was a tweener that put on weight. Offense was crappy but pretty much ran through him. 

ETA: I didn’t mean to forget Hubbard. I don’t really know what the narrative was on his bad season this year but he seems to be tumbling amongst NFL tape guys and analytics folks both. He should have come out last year but I would still have him ahead of Sermon and Gainwell. Honestly Jefferson is the guy I think I would have battling Hubbard for RB3. Harris, Etienne, Hubbard/Jefferson, Gainwell, Sermon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Jermar Jefferson and would love to get him early 2nd round and feel very good about that. 
Agreed and I hate to say it but unless you draft early he’s going to be a big time riser soon. People just haven’t caught on yet.

Users who are viewing this thread