Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

[Dynasty] 2021 NFL Draft Class

ESPN's Adam Schefter believes four quarterbacks will be selected within the first six or seven picks of the 2021 NFL Draft.

Schefter said that we can "take that to the bank." It appears that there is a heavy market for all five of the consensus Round 1 quarterbacks, which isn't a surprise to those who have been tracking the upcoming draft. Trevor Lawrence is a near lock to go to Jacksonville, and then there's Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Trey Lance, and Mac Jones. Any or all four of these quarterbacks could be top-10 picks. Their possible suitors include the Jets, Falcons, Eagles, Lions, Panthers, Broncos, 49ers, and Patriots with others also in the mix.

SOURCE: Laurie Horesh on Twitter

Mar 16, 2021, 4:22 PM ET

1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

I believe it is. He did 47.1 as a recruit I think I put that somewhere in this thread. 

That is insanity. I remember in junior high going to a basketball camp with Clyde Drexler, who once competed in a local dunk contest where it wasn't about style it was about height. He dunked on an 11'3" rim if I recall. Maybe an inch or two higher. But I think his vertical was like 45. I don't know how reliable it is but apparently Jordan had a 46. 

1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

That is insanity. I remember in junior high going to a basketball camp with Clyde Drexler, who once competed in a local dunk contest where it wasn't about style it was about height. He dunked on an 11'3" rim if I recall. Maybe an inch or two higher. But I think his vertical was like 45. I don't know how reliable it is but apparently Jordan had a 46. 

Add to it:

24 bench

4.48 40 yard dash

11'2" broad jump

11 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Add to it:

24 bench

4.48 40 yard dash

11'2" broad jump

Yeah beastly. I see he had 9 TDs on only 30 something catches in 2019 but then not much of anything in 2020. Going to assume either injury covid or both. He did put up some numbers though. Illini was my dad's alma mater and I'm a sucker for that. Butkus went there and dormed in the same hall as my pops in '65 I believe.

• Like 1

NBC Sports Edge:

Illinois WR Josh Imatorbhebhe recorded a vertical jump of 46.5 inches on pro day.

Leapin' lizards. If that jump had been logged in an official combine setting, it would have topped the vertical record of 46 inches set by UNC S Gerald Sensabaugh back in 2005. The 6-foot-2, 220-pounder comes equipped with (obvious) athleticism, but also has a bad tendency for drops and only turned in one truly solid season at the college level, that coming in 2019 when he logged a 33-634-9 receiving line while averaging 19.2 yard per grab. Imatorbhebhe's athleticism alone could potentially push him to a Day 3 selection as a lottery ticket flier, but his is not a clean evaluation.

SOURCE: Jeremy Werner on Twitter

Mar 17, 2021, 1:39 PM ET

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blackbear said:

Holy mister man... 

22 minutes ago, socrates said:

Put a cape on that man!

Add to the legend. He out-jumped the measurement the 1st time.... like WHAT??? I'm not even THAT big of a fan of his, I just like his story and thought he was kind of underrated. But they had to extend the measurement thing and make it longer to be accurate. 

• Like 3

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah wrote to social media that Stanford QB Davis Mills "plays with poise."

DJ opens his little scouting report on Mills by noting that the 6-foot-4, 212-pound Stanford signal-caller "doesn't wow you," before ramping up with some positive traits. In addition to Mills' composure, the analyst is keen on the quarterback's "very quick feet" and his ability to shift in the pocket under pressure, even without possessing real upside as a running threat. And Jeremiah likes Mills' arm talent, too. ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. earlier this spring tagged Mills as his sleeper quarterback, but at this juncture, it's probably difficult to justify that term -- the draft community is very much awake when it comes to Davis Mills, who could land as a Day 2 prospect.

SOURCE: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Mar 18, 2021, 1:48 PM ET

Stanford WR Simi Fehoko ran unofficial 40-yard dash times of 4.37 and 4.39 seconds at his pro day workout this Thursday.

Fehoko is huge at 6-foot-4, 227 pounds, so his 4.37 40-yard dash time is a very impressive number. When asked about his star wideout, Stanford HC David Shaw said "You saw what he was capable of in that last game of the year against UCLA (16-230-3)," Stanford coach David Shaw told NFL Network. "(His speed) is a game-changer in the NFL because of the 5-yard contact rule."  Fehoko is considered to be a bit of a late-bloomer, and he will now look to separate himself in what is a very deep draft when it comes to the wide receiver position. His high end speed is certainly one way to get noticed. 

• Like 4

NFL.com analyst Lance Zierlein writes Arkansas State WR Jonathan Adams is a "ball winning power forward with athletic talent to work above the rim"

Adams (6'3/220) is a big wide receiver who terrorized Sun Belt corners along the sidelines, using his superior size to strongarm smaller defenders. Despite possessing incredible ball skills, his short-area quickness is sorely lacking and he lacks the kind of long speed to challenge corners at the NFL level. He had some trouble with concentration at times, dropping 11 of his 89 catchable pass opportunities in 2020. Zierlein give Adams an overall grade of 5.54, which is end of the roster/practice squad territory.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Mar 18, 2021, 5:50 PM ET

San Jose State WR Bailey Gaither ran a 4.45 40-yard dash at his pro day workout this Thursday.

Gaither (6'0/188) also posted some pretty respectable testing marks in addition to his solid 40-time. He recorded a 31" vertical jump, 10'1" broad jump, a 4.39 shuttle and a 7.07 three cone drill. His vertical could have been a little better, but his nine bench press reps showcased his lack of strength and size. Gaither served as SJSU's primary deep threat, catching 41-of-58 passes for 725 yards, a 71 percent completion rate, 17.7 YPC and four touchdowns. He earned a solid 77.5 receiving grade from PFF.com and has an outside shot at being selected in the last round of the 2021 NFL Draft. 

SOURCE: SJSUSpartans.com

Mar 18, 2021, 5:18 PM ET

Auburn WR Seth Williams recorded an unofficial 4.50 second 40-yard dash time during Thursday's pro day workout.

Williams weighed in at 6-foot-3, 211 pounds so his 40-yard dash time is considered to be a solid showing considering his size. The Auburn wideout also registered a 37" vertical jump, a 10-4 broad jump and 12 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press. He looks to have helped his case for a late-Day 2, early-Day 3 selection and projects at the next level as a possession type receiver with starter upside.  

SOURCE: The Athletic

Mar 19, 2021, 2:02 PM ET

• Like 1

Auburn WR Anthony Schwartz registered an unofficial 4.26 40-yard dash time at Thursday's pro day workout.

Schwartz (6'0/186) posted the second fastest 40-yard dash from the 2021 NFL Draft hopefuls who have conducted their pro day workouts, trailing only Georgia CB Eric Stokes and his 4.24 mark. His speed is no surprise of course, as the Auburn standout is a world-class sprinter who actually held a world youth record 10.15 second 100-meter dash time in 2017. A yards after catch machine, 488 of his 636 receiving yards came with the ball in his hands, averaging 9.0 YAC. He is a little light and could stand to add some muscle, but Schwartz's dynamic playmaking abilities are undeniable. Scouts are mixed on where he will land in the draft, as his route running is extremely raw. Expect a third-to-fifth round draft range for Schwartz.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Mar 19, 2021, 2:19 PM ET

• Like 1