Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

[Dynasty] 2021 NFL Draft Class

3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Does this mean Schwartz should be higher or Toney lower?

Toney lower, I have them at WR16 and WR19. They're way closer to each other than Toney is to the top WR's and I have no problem stamping that take. Toney is an athlete rather than WR, and in a way Schwartz is more polished than Toney is. But they're both raw. 

• Like 1

Ben Fennell @BenFennell_NFL

WR Mike Strachan (6’5 228 4.46) has excellent size/speed but he’s extremely coordinated at that size - to track/adjust, play above rim, work sideline... 85” Wingspan! 20 Reps of 225! @MoveTheSticks 

He destroys off coverage w/ his speed/strides. So confident w/ ball in the air

https://twitter.com/benfennell_nfl/status/1372947571858153480?s=21

• Like 1

South Alabama WR Kawaan Baker ran a 4.44 40-yard dash at his pro day workout this Friday.

Baker weighed in as 6-foot, 210 pounds with a good sized set of 10 1/2" mitts. In addition to a super 4.44 40-yard dash, the South Alabama standout produced a 39.5 vertical jump, 10-9 broad jump and banged out 21 reps on the bench press. You'd have to say Baker helped himself with this strong set of testing numbers. This season he caught 51-of-71 targets for 659 yards, a 73 percent catch rate, 12.9 YPC and eight touchdowns while earning a 74.6 receiving grade from PFF. He is in play to be selected in the late rounds of the NFL Draft.

SOURCE: Jim Nagy on Twitter

Mar 20, 2021, 2:19 PM ET

Patriots ‘Really High’ On Justin Fields? Top NFL Draft Expert Floats Rumor

Excerpt:

During their latest “Move the Sticks” podcast, Jeremiah and fellow NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks discussed the Patriots, who reportedly have been scouting many signal-callers ahead of next month’s NFL Draft.

“I think the New England Patriots could be real aggressive,” Brooks said. “We’ve seen the New England Patriots step outside their comfort zone as it relates to free agency. We saw them completely rebuild the roster with the number of signings and free agency. … I believe they’re about to go all in on an offensive makeover. The young quarterback is the final piece to the puzzle. And I think that quarterback will be an athletic quarterback.”

Added Jeremiah: “I keep an eye on somebody like Trey Lance or Justin Fields. Those are the two that would make sense for them to target. Hear a lot of rumors out there that they are really high on Justin Fields out of Ohio State. So, they’d have to (trade up) quite a ways to get Justin Fields.” 

The Patriots own the No. 15 overall pick in the draft, but many expect Fields to be off the board by then. Thus, New England likely would need to executive an aggressive trade up the draft order. Such a move would be out of character for Belichick and Co. but, considering what they already have done this offseason, nothing would surprise us.

So, will Justin Fields be tabbed as the quarterback of the future for the Patriots? We’ll find out when the draft starts Thursday, April 29.

Chad Forbes @NFLDraftBites

Pro Bowl WRs in mid 20s coming off rookie contracts can’t find deals in $14M per yr range. 

33 Yr Old Left Tackle just got $23.01M per season and $55M+ Guaranteed. A player that last played a full 16 game season in 2013.

But sure, take Ja’Marr Chase over Penei Sewell.

https://twitter.com/nfldraftbites/status/1372122602752389121?s=21

Chad Forbes @NFLDraftBites

Pro Bowl WRs in mid 20s coming off rookie contracts can’t find deals in $14M per yr range. 

33 Yr Old Left Tackle just got $23.01M per season and $55M+ Guaranteed. A player that last played a full 16 game season in 2013.

But sure, take Ja’Marr Chase over Penei Sewell.

Weird take.

5 minutes ago, Faust said:

2021 NFL Draft: Early Pro Day winners

Seth Williams WR (Auburn)

Williams was in the spotlight plenty at Auburn, but while his ability to catch everything and highpoint the ball using all of his 6’3” size was frequently on display, he never seemed to earn much separation from defensive backs. That inevitably led to questions about his true speed, which he appears to have waylaid thanks to a 4.5-second 40-yard dash time. It’s not a blazing time and Williams isn’t expected to be a first or even second-round player, but at that size, he at least compares favorably to players like Kenny Golladay or CeeDee Lamb.

Williams really helped himself with a nice Pro Day workout

27 minutes ago, Faust said:

Interesting. Zach Davidson inches up boards.  Larry Rountree III didn't help his stock any with a slower-than-expected 40-time, but he had a good 3-cone time and reportedly looked good in receiving drills.

Edited by socrates

23 minutes ago, socrates said:

Excellent article.  I was a bit surprised, however, that Chuba Hubbard did not make the top 5 in the "burst" category.

Yeah that is a good article. For some reason I have Carter lower than consensus it would seem. In preliminary lists anyway - I just haven't looked at him much yet. Chalk this up as another source saying Williams has good contact balance, BTW. 

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

"Contact balance" is this year's buzz phrase, I guess.

David Montgomery was RB4 (RB6 in standard) last year.  I think this may be a case of trying to chase a once-per-decade freak.

2 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

"Contact balance" is this year's buzz phrase, I guess.

lol, true.  Although I have to admit, when you watch Javonte Williams, you cannot help but notice his cat-like balance as he sheds the contact of would-be tacklers!

Edited by socrates

Austin Gayle @PFF_AustinGayle

CB Patrick Surtain II, Alabama 

▪️ 6’2” (95th percentile) 
▪️ 208 (94th)
▪️ 32 1/2” arms (84th)
▪️ 10” hands (96th)

🔥 4.42s 40-yard dash (75th)
🔥 39” vertical (84th)
🔥 10’11” broad (92nd)

These are REALLY good numbers for Surtain, dude was built in a lab.

https://twitter.com/pff_austingayle/status/1374427623929962503?s=21

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Faust said:

Outstanding workout for Surtain, who cemented his draft status in the top 10.  It is disappointing that DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle and Najee Harris elected not to participate. In particular, there are some questions about Smith's weight and speed.

While those Alabama stars relied upon their on-field numbers, Rondale Moore dazzled during his own Pro Day workout, posting a blistering 4.29-forty along with a 42.5-inch vertical and a 3-cone time of 6.65! 

If Smith opts out of Alabama's 2nd Pro Day March 30, I have to believe his actual workout numbers do not measure up to his perceived numbers.  I want to see Smith weigh in before the draft.  He claims he currently weighs 170, but I suspect it is even less, plus it would be nice to see his timed speed.

8 hours ago, tangfoot said:

David Montgomery was RB4 (RB6 in standard) last year.  I think this may be a case of trying to chase a once-per-decade freak.

Except David Montgomery was chasing Kareem Hunt. And there's also Nick Chubb, who wasn't chasing anybody (except maybe pre-injury Nick Chubb).