Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

[Dynasty] 2021 NFL Draft Class

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is where I am before we enter the meat of silly season: I think there are 13 great bets to be starters in our game Lawrence, Wilson, Fields Etienne, Harris, Williams Chase, Wa

I get a kick out of amateur sports writers trying to use fancy words. You're looking to use "innate" here, chief.

Strategic bump so that this article is near the top of a fresh page - dominator rating & breakout age are useful variables to consider when you are looking at NFL rookies for fantasy football purp

15 hours ago, socrates said:

Gainwell weighed in over 200 and ran a 4.42 at Memphis' Pro Day.  Gainwell arguably has the best hands in the class, good vision and excellent burst.  He has a lean frame, and that may limit him from being a workhorse back, but  I rank him as my top back once the triumvirate of Harris, Etienne and Williams are off the board.

Good to know, I don't have any idea who the next guy is........

2 minutes ago, massraider said:

I personally like Carter more than Gainwell, because I believe he's a better runner and he also is good at catching the ball.  The thing I love about Carter is his vision.  My advice is for everyone who hasn't seen it, go watch Matt Waldman's video on Carter.  His ability to be able to pick a direction and burst through it is amazing.  He is one of the few RBs that can get close to the line of scrimmage and make these decisions and his body can react in time to get through the crease.  Both he and Gainwell are smallish, but Carter is 5'8" 202 lbs and is thick below the waist.  While Gainwell will have PPR appeal, I'm afraid he will always be a COP back.  I believe he's a 5 to 7 touch RB will a few receptions each game.  I believe Carter can do better, but I could be wrong.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, massraider said:

Gainwell and Carter have a lot of CEH in them- both for better and worse. 

These are the pro day numbers for a WR in this draft:

6'5" 219 pounds
4.39 40 time
6.51 3-cone
40.5" vertical jump
11'1" broad jump 

I think my pants just shrunk.  

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, massraider said:

6'5" 219 pounds
4.39 40 time
6.51 3-cone
40.5" vertical jump
11'1" broad jump 

that's nuts, can he catch a football though?

1 hour ago, massraider said:

6'5" 219 pounds
4.39 40 time
6.51 3-cone
40.5" vertical jump
11'1" broad jump 

Which WR is that?

Nugget for you SF players:

@JimNagy_

All the talk on outside continues to be on the “big five” (Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Jones, Lance) but there’s growing buzz inside the league on two QBs: Stanford’s Davis Mills and Texas A&M’s Kellen Mond. Both are seen as potential starters. Neither is getting out of Round 2.

6 minutes ago, Blackbear said:

What is the most a OT has benched for reps? I’m trying to see if Sewell has unusual strength or not. 

45-Mitch Petrus

51 is the record but by a DT

3 minutes ago, Blackbear said:

So, is 30 what is expected or above average? 

This is don't know but a ton of players have done better. I know Nagy gave it the googly eye treatment in his tweet which he usually does when something is good. My total rather uninformed guess because I don't pay a lot of attention to it is it's good, better then average, not exceptional.

ETA-30 would have been 5th last year.

Edited by menobrown
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Faust said:

I was researching this and came across this interesting article that did not answer your question:

The 13 Fastest, Strongest, Most Athletic NFL Combine Performances of All Time

At least you reminded me of Bo. Guy was one of my favorites. Have tons of baseball and some nfl cards. I was a big fan of him. Mostly due to his baseball skills. He did some ridiculous things in centerfield. 

12 minutes ago, Blackbear said:

So, is 30 what is expected or above average? 

His numbers were more than fine. He's actually a little helped because he has shorter arms for a 6'5" guy.

Longer the arms, harder that drill.

It's always some guard who looks like a fire hydrant that kills the bench press.  

6 minutes ago, massraider said:

His numbers were more than fine. He's actually a little helped because he has shorter arms for a 6'5" guy.

Longer the arms, harder that drill.

It's always some guard who looks like a fire hydrant that kills the bench press.  

Thanks. I saw this guy Jenkins did more reps. If you watch his tape he is nasty. 

Imagine he will be a first rounder. But heard he’s more right tackle than a left one. 

https://okstate.com/news/2021/4/1/football-jenkins-highlights-strong-pro-day-performances.aspx

Probably the Lions will draft him because he might actually bite peoples knee caps. 🤣

Edited by Blackbear
5 minutes ago, Blackbear said:

Thanks. I saw this guy Jenkins did more reps. If you watch his tape he is nasty. 

Imagine he will be a first rounder. But heard he’s more right tackle than a left one. 

https://okstate.com/news/2021/4/1/football-jenkins-highlights-strong-pro-day-performances.aspx

Probably the Lions will draft him because he might actually bite peoples knee caps. 🤣

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1jlLUWjwDo

This video will make you fall in love with Jenkins.  

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, massraider said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1jlLUWjwDo

This video will make you fall in love with Jenkins.  

Put him at right tackle, then Onwenu at left guard and Pats would be best oline in football. Wynn and Brown at left tackle. Could even cut Brown if need cap space. But Wynn can’t be trusted due to injuries. His weakness seems to be inside moves, but next to Mason that wouldn’t be a problem. This draft has so many great players in it.