What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2021 NFL Draft Class (1 Viewer)

The issue with SF (and 2QB) leagues is that the draft is really the only way to get a QB as they are very expensive in trade.  Because of that reaching a bit for a QB is necessary and worth the risk if there is any chance of being a starter for years to come.  Because of that scarcity you sometimes have to reach for lesser talents on the chance they pan out at the QB position.  

ETA:  Some times it's just a necessary evil - especially if you are desperate at QB.  
....thus the reason why I don't play in leagues like that.  I think something is wrong when mediocre QB talent trumps real talent at other positions.

Last edited by a moderator:
....thus the reason why I don't play in leagues like that.  I think something is wrong when mediocre QB talent trumps real talent at other positions.
But that is what happens in the real NFL draft as well.  Mediocre QB talent gets taken way to early many times because the reward is worth it if they hit.  

I play fantasy football, not real football.
If you want just sheer talent as the deciding factor for draft purposes then forget positions and just play 10 guys each week regardless of position.  Otherwise position will always matter in FF due to scarcity & lineup requirement possibilities.  You can't get away from it at some point in the draft. 

Warren Sharp@SharpFootball

DJ's draft predictions:

• 3 QBs in the top-4 picks for the first time since 1999 (QBs went 1, 2 & 3)
  • a WR (Ja'Marr Chase to MIA) going top-3 for the first time since 2007 (Calvin Johnson)
  • a TE (Kyle Pitts to PHI) going top-6 for the first time since 2006 (Vernon Davis)
-------------------------------------------

Daniel Jeremiah@MoveTheSticks

Mock Draft 2.0

Daniel Jeremiah 2021 NFL mock draft 2.0:

This is where I am before we enter the meat of silly season:

I think there are 13 great bets to be starters in our game

Lawrence, Wilson, Fields

Etienne, Harris, Williams

Chase, Waddle, R Moore, D Smith, Bateman, Marshall

Pitts

I think there are 6 good bets to be starters in our game

Lance

Sermon

Wallace, ARSB

Freiermuth, Jordan

I think there are 5 riskier bets to be starters in our game, but with the right draft capital/situation would consider as high as group 1

Gainwell, Carter, Chuba, Jefferson

Dy Brown

I think there are 10 wildcards that could vault up to round two priorities or shoved down to fliers

Patterson, Hill, Roundtree

Nico, E Moore, Toney, Terry, S Williams, Eskridge, Tutu

I don't think it is. I think there are 6 clearly above him and another 2 or 3 that probably are, but I'm not convinced there are definitely more.
Imatorbhebhe, Seth Williams, Ihmir Smith Marsette are all guys on that list who they rank lower who have similar games but are more well rounded. Collins is barely on the radar.

Imatorbhebhe, Seth Williams, Ihmir Smith Marsette are all guys on that list who they rank lower who have similar games but are more well rounded. Collins is barely on the radar.
I don't disagree about Williams, but Smith-Marsette crooked my neck. What's his appeal to you? I see him as vertical 4th/5th WR/return guy. They have a place in the NFL, but generally not in our game.

EDIT: I thought your phone went haywire with the first guy, but that apparently is a real name. I've never heard of him and it's probably because it's been years since I watched Illini ball. What's his story?

I don't disagree about Williams, but Smith-Marsette crooked my neck. What's his appeal to you? I see him as vertical 4th/5th WR/return guy. They have a place in the NFL, but generally not in our game.

EDIT: I thought your phone went haywire with the first guy, but that apparently is a real name. I've never heard of him and it's probably because it's been years since I watched Illini ball. What's his story?
Smith-Marsette actually has some quickness and agility. Used in screens and end arounds. Never saw that out of Collins. Collins is more stiff, not versatile and just a big guy bullying people. But not in a high point way. I don't see his appeal at all.

As for Imatorbhebhe:

4 star recruit, went to USC and barely played there, transferred out to play with his brother at Illinois. Broke out immediately his first year at Illinois. 

I remembered his name from a few years ago as a high school recruit because of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgkCxnSHV7w&ab_channel=TheOregonian 

https://247sports.com/college/illinois/Article/Illinois-football-Josh-Imatorbhebhe-Daniel-Imatorbhebhe-team-up--153382191/

That's a great article running through his bond with his brother and it explains a few things. 

Can't wait to see TE Hunter Long enter the league. I wonder where he will slot in with Hunter TE's Hunter Henry and Hunter Bryant.

Matt Miller , @nfldraftscout on Twitter, joins ESPN, making debut on Get Up today. 

Good to see, ESPN needed new blood. 

I'm going to create a few more incoming rookie player threads now, just made Javian Hawkins.
Threads are made for the following players:

QB Kyle Trask

RBs Javian Hawkins, Khalil Herbert

WRs Frank Darby, Tutu Atwell, Tyler Vaughns, Marquez Stevenson, Dyami Brown

TE Hunter Long

Users who are viewing this thread