What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buffalo Wings vs Kansas City Ribs Championship Week Chatter And Chow and Beer and Table Jumping and Tailgating and Stuff (1 Viewer)

ChiefD

Footballguy
If Mahomes plays, this game is a toss-up.

If Mahomes doesn't play, congrats to the Bills and represent the AFC and go finally win one for your city. 

:banned:

My son and I attended a game at Arrowhead quite a few years ago and had a great time.  We were both all decked out in Bills gear, but the home fans were cool and friendly, just like you would expect from fellow Midwesterners.  It would be remiss of me not to mention that the Bills won that game thanks to a couple of interceptions by Leodis McKelvin, if I remember correctly, but neither of us had especially great teams that season so it wasn't a high-stakes game.  Nice stadium, fantastic atmosphere, and good fans.  

I obviously would like a Bills victory this week, but I was pulling for KC in the SB last year and I'll root for you guys again if things don't go our way.  And don't think I'm just saying that because I automatically pull for the AFC.  There are a bunch of AFC teams I would never cheer for, including one in my team's division that has been in the super bowl once or twice over the past couple of decades.  You guys have a good team and a good fanbase.  

KC has enough weapons to be scary without Mahomes, but with him they are other-worldly.  Still not invincible - as the Raiders proved.  But I personally won't be heartbroken if Mahomes waits until Monday to feel 100%.

The Chiefs are an easy team to root for.  They seem like a class outfit all the way around.

Really hoping for a shootout this week.  These two teams should provide plenty of fireworks.  We do need to avenge that loss before SB 1.

KC has enough weapons to be scary without Mahomes
Enjoyed the take as as whole, but I seriously disagree with this. There's no way those weapons come into play if Henne is the QB. I think both teams' fans are a bit overcautious; scared of jinxes and the like. If Henne plays, Buffalo walks, and the line will reflect that sentiment. This is like when I told Bills fans they were about to wipe out Miami, and they did.

But we're dreaming if we don't think Mahomes plays. The NFL and everybody involved have many reasons why he should. I'd be really surprised (though not stunned the way he wobbled) if he didn't take the field.

Let's just hope A. Reid doesn't run the option with him again.

Had a dream last night that Mahomes is playing Sunday.  The game was played in a grassy area in front of a 7-Eleven and Mahomes had shaved his head.

Chiefs were down a touchdown going into the 4th quarter and we were driving when I woke up. 

Had a dream last night that Mahomes is playing Sunday.  The game was played in a grassy area in front of a 7-Eleven and Mahomes had shaved his head.

Chiefs were down a touchdown going into the 4th quarter and we were driving when I woke up. 
Pretty sure this is because all receivers on both teams have spent the whole season open 24-7.

Weather forecast is calling for really cold rain for Sunday. Pretty much the worst possible weather for a game with the exception of extreme wind.

Weather forecast is calling for really cold rain for Sunday. Pretty much the worst possible weather for a game with the exception of extreme wind.
Yeah, but at this moment it's about a 35-40% chance. So here in Kansas City, that forecast can move pretty quickly in the next 48 hours. 

Tomorrow will be the telling tale. But that chance of rain usually means no-rain in this area. The only issue is Monday they are calling for snow here. Kansas City is right on a band of weather that's coming through Sunday/Monday. So it just depends on how early that band shows up or drops south.

I don't think the concussion keeps Mahomes out,he'll play. I'd be more concerned with the turf toe,to paraphrase Cousin Eddy,that's the injury that keeps on hurting.

Hope to see both teams with all available players and the weather not be a factor,with no skin in the game it will be enjoyable to watch.

The analytics tell me The Chiefs should win,but my gut thinks The Bills are going to find a way. 

This game comes down to the Chiefs D IMO. They need a great performance. My head says Chiefs, but my gut says Bills. Should be a great game. Really need a Chiefs win $.

Should be a great game. 2 incredible qbs leading great offenses and underrated defenses. Bills on a recent tear. Chiefs just do what is needed every time to win. I think KC wins 27-23. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be a great one. For fans who don’t follow the Bills, you can pretty much throw out week 6. 
Allen was wearing a brace from a shoulder separation occurring two weeks prior.  Matt Hasselbeck said that he was inaccurate (high) when he suffered the same injury because it affects your throwing motion. 
Allen weeks 1-4, 70%, 12 TDS, 1326 yards, 1 INT that wasn’t an INT 

Allen 5-8 with the brace, 62%, 4 TDs, 846 yards, 4 INTs. 
The brace was removed and he went right back to his former pace. 
On D, the Bills were missing a few pieces but the key was their best coverage and best overall LB, Matt Milano. Knowing Allen was limited and they would struggle to cover, particularly Kelse, they played a basic cover two the entire game. Chris Simms said they played TWO defensive looks the whole game, both with two safeties back. 

The plan was, let KC run, keep the game close and maybe we will make a play at the end to win. It was a 6 pt game and the Bills had the ball late but gave it away, leading to a KC FG and 9 pt win.  So not a bad plan considering the situation. 

Game looks like a coin flip to me, but my main takeaway is that the game 6 meeting doesn’t mean much. 

Stat Bills will like: they are undefeated this year when Milano is able to start. When he is in the lineup, Buffalo’s defense was 2nd in the league in points against. They were 29th when he was out.

Coin flip game IMO.  These are basically the same team, just wearing different uniforms.  Both teams have great QBs.  Neither team has a particularly great rushing attack, but who cares if you're just going to throw all the time.  Both defenses are okay but not really dominant.  I mean, they're not literally the same.  Mahomes > Allen until proven otherwise.  Kelce is uncoverable, but so is Diggs on the other side.  The Bills don't have a Hill, but we do have stellar WR depth beyond Diggs.  On the other hand, the Bills defense is at least a little better than KC's.  But these are extremely similar teams built more or less the same way. 

This doesn't figure to be the last postseason meeting between these two teams.

Neither team has a particularly great rushing attack, but who cares if you're just going to throw all the time.
I'm very curious to see KC's offensive game plan, and subsequent adjustments should the Bills keep it in check. KC obviously has a lethal passing attack, but considering how they just ran the ball down Buffalo's throat in the first meeting, I really want to see how they come out of the gates.

Rain is out of the forecast.

Should be about 38 degrees at kick off with a slight breeze. Perfect football weather for two good teams. Here's to a good battle and a healthy outcome for the winning team.

:banned:

No really about the game itself, but my 2 sisters and BILs went to KC for a birthday weekend (younger sister and older BIL's birthdays).  To say my 2 sisters are outgoing is an understatement so of course they ended up partying with a group of Bills fans.  One was interviewed by a local KC news station because they thought they were Bills fans.  :lmao:  

Users who are viewing this thread