What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

4 Years Ago - Violence flares in Washington during inauguration (1 Viewer)

Portland has been arresting rioters for the past year. Here is a month-by-month breakdown if you don't believe it.
I honestly don't pay attention that closely to what goes on up there.  According to the article,  they dropped charges on 90% of those arrested.

My overall point is/was throughout last year a good amount of criminal activity was ignored, or just allowed, or catch, and release....however you wanna slice it. I get it......protests.  I also understand the optics of law enforcement were not great.  
Your overall point seemed to be that Portland wasn't making arrests when Trump was president. That seems to be why you said "They're doing that again now," right? It's clear that you were referring to arrests and not referring to dropped charges. Otherwise, the snarky tone of your post makes no sense.

But, look, I totally understand that not everyone is aware of the thousands of riot arrests that Portland made last year. That kind of thing doesn't get reported in certain media circles. So, I would respectfully suggest that if a person had assumed that Portland wasn't arresting rioters in 2020, and that assumption was based on consuming a steady diet of a certain type of media, then perhaps it's time to broaden the horizons and seek out news from different sources?

Your overall point seemed to be that Portland wasn't making arrests when Trump was president. That seems to be why you said "They're doing that again now," right? It's clear that you were referring to arrests and not referring to dropped charges. Otherwise, the snarky tone of your post makes no sense.

But, look, I totally understand that not everyone is aware of the thousands of riot arrests that Portland made last year. That kind of thing doesn't get reported in certain media circles. So, I would respectfully suggest that if a person had assumed that Portland wasn't arresting rioters in 2020, and that assumption was based on consuming a steady diet of a certain type of media, then perhaps it's time to broaden the horizons and seek out news from different sources?
I don't listen to much media at all actually.  Pluses and negatives I guess.

That will only happen if he acts like Trump which we know won't happen. Why is it so hard for you to get through your head that Trump's treatment wasn't arbritrary...it was reactionary based on his library of lies, insults and narcissism.  You've never been able to put this puzzle together and I'm guessing you won't start now. 

The very things you say was why Trump was attacked absolutely can be applied to Biden. I don't think Biden a narcissist, but other than that he's as guilty as Trump for lying, insulting, racism, sniffing young girls, sexual assault accusations etc

you don't remember any of that with Biden ??  

explain how he's going to get a large % of this country who believe in just the opposite of what he is standing for to unite ?
And let's nor forget that his side of the aisle is partaking in a vengeance and retribution tour at the moment, along with Big Tech censorship of anything not a liberal talking point and - here is the big one - their behavior of the last 4 years.  Now they're expecting the other side to just forget all that?  

He's going to have to do some real outreach to convince people that they're being honest.  I don't see it happening.

The very things you say was why Trump was attacked absolutely can be applied to Biden. I don't think Biden a narcissist, but other than that he's as guilty as Trump for lying, insulting, racism, sniffing young girls, sexual assault accusations etc

you don't remember any of that with Biden ??  
Okay cool. Show us anything similar to these:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/19/upshot/trump-complete-insult-list.html

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/535081-wapost-counts-30573-false-or-misleading-claims-in-four-years-by-trump

those are a joke - please, created by biased news sources and yes, Trump was petty and childish, few argued that he wasn't. the last 4 years was not attacks on how the country was energy better, economically better, foreign relations better, or any of that .... it was 4 years of personal attacks

now - the right is going to have 4 years of doing it daily with Biden .... or I expect them to anyway 

I remember these from Biden do you ? but nobody wants to talk about the below, of they'll wave 'em away with their hand ..... funny that isn't it ?

— “Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

— “You got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” (That’s in reference to President Obama.

— “Unlike the African-American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly diverse attitudes about different things.”

— “In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

---- "The reason I was able to stay sequestered in my home is because some Black woman was able to stack the grocery shelf,"

----  "  "I don't want my children to grow up in a jungle, a racial jungle." 

Users who are viewing this thread