What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Biden Response to Coronavirus (1 Viewer)

Stunned.  Stunned I tell you that they are going refine how Covid cases get declared the day after the Administration changes. 

Dr. David Samadi, MD

@drdavidsamadi

The World Health Organization has now released guidance to laboratories around the world to reduce the cycle count in PCR tests to get a more accurate representation of COVID cases. The current cycle was much too high and resulting in any particle being declared a positive case.

Stunned.  Stunned I tell you that they are going refine how Covid cases get declared the day after the Administration changes. 

Dr. David Samadi, MD

@drdavidsamadi

The World Health Organization has now released guidance to laboratories around the world to reduce the cycle count in PCR tests to get a more accurate representation of COVID cases. The current cycle was much too high and resulting in any particle being declared a positive case.
You can’t make this stuff up, unbelievable.  :lmao:

2) Did Amazon make this same offer to Trump? If not, why not?
There was never any "plan" on the federal level to address the pandemic under the prior admin. Nothing Amazon or anyone else could help with or propose on.  Similar to the health care crisis in our country - the Trump team never had anything resembling a policy or plan other than just insulting others and ranting at the fake news.

Biden has a goal of 100M vaccinations within his first 100 days in office.  Lofty goal, but Fauci and Gottlieb believe it's achievable.  

It looks like he's hitting the ground running with his response plan and Defense Production act.  Let's see if he hits the mark.

Biden actions
Didn’t someone post in another thread 250M vaccines will be produced in that time period? Doesn’t sound very lofty to get less than half that amount available to our citizens....let’s how they get 100% of it out to our people. 

Didn’t someone post in another thread 250M vaccines will be produced in that time period? Doesn’t sound very lofty to get less than half that amount available to our citizens....let’s how they get 100% of it out to our people. 
Interesting this is a concern for you on Jan 21. Sounds like the prior administration had no plan at all.

The Biden administration has promised to try to turn the Covid-19 pandemic around and drastically speed up the pace of vaccinating Americans against the virus. But in the immediate hours following Biden being sworn into office on Wednesday, sources with direct knowledge of the new administration's Covid-related work told CNN one of the biggest shocks that the Biden team had to digest during the transition period was what they saw as a complete lack of a vaccine distribution strategy under former President Donald Trump, even weeks after multiple vaccines were approved for use in the United States.

"There is nothing for us to rework. We are going to have to build everything from scratch," one source said.

Interesting this is a concern for you on Jan 21. Sounds like the prior administration had no plan at all.
Biden is the President now.  All that matters is what he does moving forward.  Trump is not his excuse just like Obama wasn't Trump's excuse for anything

Interesting you are ok with such a low bar set for Biden when you were so upset with Trump? Who would have guessed. 
Who said I'm setting a low bar? I know that is the talking point you're hoping for... sorry. My comment is your sudden interest in federal distribution planning. 

Who said I'm setting a low bar? I know that is the talking point you're hoping for... sorry. My comment is your sudden interest in federal distribution planning. 
The number you are defending in this thread is a low bar. Biden is the president solely due to covid and him being able to provide a much better response to it. Maybe you should hold him to that expectation instead on deflection and but Trump?

The number you are defending in this thread is a low bar. Biden is the president solely due to covid and him being able to provide a much better response to it. Maybe you should hold him to that expectation instead on deflection and but Trump?
I defended a number? Interesting.

Considering there have been 11.5 million vaccines administered in around a months time a million a day sounds like a big improvement. 

Considering there have been 11.5 million vaccines administered in around a months time a million a day sounds like a big improvement. 
Yeah, but focusing on that would force us to recognize that the previous administration's efforts were inept, something we like turning a blind eye to.

The opposite of "orange man bad" is "orange man good".  I'd like to think the wiser man is somewhere in between.

Last edited by a moderator:
But your side does and they have to get prepped to improve those numbers! Right on schedule.....cue the excuses and but but but but conspiracies aren’t ok anymore!😂
I would need to read more about what the WHO is doing before I would jump on any conspiracy. One tweet from a doctor who seems hell bent on arguing about every restriction doesn't sway me. My ears are open though

I don't have a conspiracy theory about any of this. Trump did a terrible job. The WHO did a terrible job. Democrats used this pandemic to score as many political points as possible. They all suck. 
Sorry.  I'm not letting you off that easy.  You said, "I think we all knew it was going to happen eventually, but they didn't even wait 24 hours. Case numbers will go down right on cue."  

Please explain what you meant.  

I don't have a conspiracy theory about any of this. Trump did a terrible job. The WHO did a terrible job. Democrats used this pandemic to score as many political points as possible. They all suck. 
:goodposting:

Yep, pretty much. Don’t mind the conspiracy comments, that’s their deflection on any potential corruption that may benefit their side. 

:goodposting:

Yep, pretty much. Don’t mind the conspiracy comments, that’s their deflection on any potential corruption that may benefit their side. 
Yeah...it's so crazy that we mention conspiracy after someone alludes to a conspiracy. You guys are a trip.   

Sorry.  I'm not letting you off that easy.  You said, "I think we all knew it was going to happen eventually, but they didn't even wait 24 hours. Case numbers will go down right on cue."  

Please explain what you meant.  
WHO is now admitting that the high cycle threshold PCR tests result in false positives. They publish this notice less than 1 hour after the new President is inaugurated, yet these concerns were raised many months ago. The rate of new positive cases will likely drop significantly with this refinement. Make of it what you will. 

Trump and Bezos hate each other
it doesn't matter.  This was CLEARLY political to favor Democrats.

IMO, Bezos MAY have blood on his hands for waiting to offer the resources of Amazon.  How many people suffered/died due to his political bias?  People who may have got the vaccination sooner?

IMO, this is inexcusable.  Ethically?  no way.  Illegal.  no way either but still inexcusable.

TwinTurbo said:
WHO is now admitting that the high cycle threshold PCR tests result in false positives. They publish this notice less than 1 hour after the new President is inaugurated, yet these concerns were raised many months ago. The rate of new positive cases will likely drop significantly with this refinement. Make of it what you will. 
Between what Bezos did and this, this should highlight that there was a real, concerted effort to amplify everything bad, hide information or change results to take out Trump.  There may even be collusion too.

Conspiracy?  I think those making this case HAVE a case.

TwinTurbo said:
Can someone provide some data or a link on this? All I have seen so far is one tweet from a doctor who seems to have an agenda

TwinTurbo said:
So going off what you've written, and correct me if I'm wrong, your conclusion is the WHO purposely kept the cases elevated while Trump was in office, but now that Biden is in office they've decided to alter their calculations so that the case counts are lower.      

What can Amazon do that couldn’t be achieved with the USPS? 

silly talk by Bezos as a publicity stunt or like I said , jump the line in vaccinations 

Can someone provide some data or a link on this? All I have seen so far is one tweet from a doctor who seems to have an agenda
I'm not an expert on this topic. Many tests set the cycle threshold level near 40. And it appears anything over 30 may be too sensitive. So it's certainly possible that more than a small percentage of reported covid cases were false positives. 

I'm not an expert on this topic. Many tests set the cycle threshold level near 40. And it appears anything over 30 may be too sensitive. So it's certainly possible that more than a small percentage of reported covid cases were false positives. 
OK I am not an expert either. Just curious why you are running with the "The rate of new positive cases will likely drop significantly with this refinement" thing

So going off what you've written, and correct me if I'm wrong, your conclusion is the WHO purposely kept the cases elevated while Trump was in office, but now that Biden is in office they've decided to alter their calculations so that the case counts are lower.      
I'm only saying the timing is very curious, since these related concerns about testing were raised going back to last summer. Regardless of the purpose, the end result is the case counts will definitely go down, likely significantly. 

I'm only saying the timing is very curious, since these related concerns about testing were raised going back to last summer. Regardless of the purpose, the end result is the case counts will definitely go down, likely significantly. 
Thanks.  I appreciate the explanation.  

Mile High said:
It started off slow, as expected, but is now rolling.  Counting the ramp up in the overall average is disingenuous.

Willy said:
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/?srnd=storythread-QKT7T1T0G1L501

As logistics improve, and new vaccines (J&J and AstraZenica) are approved we should do even better than 100m in 100 days.  We're practically on pace to do that as it is.  It's only going to get better.  👍
The bar Biden has set is very low.  We're pretty already at his goal and should exceed the goal going forward.  I'm really looking forward to seeing 80+ year olds all get inoculated.  Our hospitalizations and deaths should plummet when we achieve that.  Then plummet even more when we get all the 65+ folks.

Users who are viewing this thread