What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 ***Official*** White Sox Thread - This team is really going to suck (1 Viewer)

I don't believe we ever had our full lineup against them. Going to need to score some runs!

Calling Robert as the MVP of the series. I think he's going to keep mashing into the post season.

That was unfun. Terrible match-up for Lynn; fast ball pitcher vs. the best fast ball hitting team. Not sure who else we have that is a good match-up vs. Houston, which is a problem. I'm just happy Dallas Keuchel isn't on the playoff roster. 

That sucked. Pitching was disappointing in this series, and they couldn't get anything going on offense except in game 3. Good young team. Not sure what it will take to get them to the next level though.

Talk of Burger playing 2nd base to allow money for better SP and RF upgrade is interesting.  There is a good looking video of him working on turns and transfer at 4 spot...twitter for sure. Wouldn't let me copy since I do not twit...lol.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Clank, clank...not the way to ring the bell in first game with Cleveland after two off days...with your glove...hope it is better from here. Keuchal not the type of pitcher to get past these errors anymore...if he ever was. Did save me a couple hours of my time however.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clank, clank...not the way to ring the bell in first game with Cleveland after two off days...with your glove...hope it is better from here. Keuchal not the type of pitcher to get past these errors anymore...if he ever was. Did save me a couple hours of my time however.
brutal. 

And after a few days off, Tony benches all the studs.  WTF. Your all stars can’t play two games of a double header.  Not liking what I’m seeing here. 

Wrong forum but the Bulls + 400 helped soothe my soul...LOL,

Very ready for Giolito and Lynn to be ready...and curse letting Rodon go. Maybe Tony is getting last look at a few players before they have to cut 2. Plus warming up twice and going out into the cold not the best with a short Spring training. Tough double dip hope Cease can pull out a victory tommorrow. 

No Ozzie, he was not a very good manager. they almost missed playoffs in 05. Great starting pitching won the WS in 05. White Sox need a new owner who e either knows baseball or let's his management team make baseball decisions. This has been brutal to watch.​

Showing signs of life...finally good to see the offense getting going.

Need to stay healthy.
scratch that. Lose 3 of 4 at home against Baltimore when you were supposed to have momentum after winning that 12 inning game against Tor. and splitting 3-3 against Tor and Houston.

#### TLR, the hitting coach and training staff. If this #### doesn't get sorted out by mid July...blow the whole thing up.

This team blows. Opportunity after opportunity keeps passing them by.

They lose almost every series opener putting them behind the 8 ball to try and tie or win a series.

Anderson is now gone for the year. Too bad they are wasting Cease's record-breaking season. I feel bad for him.

I'm going to keep talking to myself in here...

Dylan Cease's 0.66 ERA in his last 14 starts is the lowest posted by any AL pitcher in any 14-start span in over 100 years!

Just lost the series to KC. This team sucks.

Home runs since last Monday:
Brewers: 12
Cubs: 12
Dodgers: 11
Cardinals: 10
Jake Fraley: 4
Albert Pujols: 3
Lars Nootbaar: 2

White Sox: 1

Aaron Judge had more home runs by the end of May than any White Sox player has hit all season

In the last 40 days, the White Sox have won 5 home games.

Number of home wins since the NFL season started
Bears 2
White Sox 1

Bang up season guys...way to finish strong.

TLR and vast injuries to key contributors doomed a promising season . Thought letting Rodon go after prove it year was dumb but turned out to be a throw away season. Hopefully core motivated. Cease, Andrus and Pollock highlights for me. Hated to see Martins last outing after some good starts. Hopefully 3 to 5 key additions and good health can make team competitive . And a manager hungry, knowledgable and good at motivating. Moncada most dissappointing player (of many I might add) for me this season.
Jerry selling the team would be a dream come true...but there are worse options...ie Wrigley, Tribune to Ricketts crapfest
And for goodness sake no Ozzie return.

Bounce back hopes, Grandal, Robert, Jiminez, Clevinger, Kopech, Crochet, TA, Moncada. I sure hope 2023 is the opposite of 2022. Off top of my head so sure missing some...

Series of garbage situations ruining potential. MLB knew of abuse case, how did WS not know? The White Sox need a few cathartic moments ...Benintendi lead and regain power stroke, Tim Anderson go back to MVP type performance, Lucas Giolito return to top of staff performance, Moncado show offensive potential that has never materialized or move on from him. After the last Weekend at Bernies management style hopefully modern leadership isn't offset by lackluster owner and upper management. Bold prediction...big turnaround and playoffs and WS contender...

Series of garbage situations ruining potential. MLB knew of abuse case, how did WS not know? The White Sox need a few cathartic moments ...Benintendi lead and regain power stroke, Tim Anderson go back to MVP type performance, Lucas Giolito return to top of staff performance, Moncado show offensive potential that has never materialized or move on from him. After the last Weekend at Bernies management style hopefully modern leadership isn't offset by lackluster owner and upper management. Bold prediction...big turnaround and playoffs and WS contender...
Hopefully the new training staff can also play a part in keeping this team healthier. Maybe TA, Luis and Eloy can all play at least 75% of the games this year.

I have high hopes for Grifol, the rest of the coaching staff and the 2023 version of the ChiSox.

I”m just hoping that this year is the flip side of the talk the past two years about being serious contenders. The conversation has been a lot quieter this year. I prefer the “under-promise and over-deliver” version.

Going 2-2 at the defending World Champion (sorry Japan) Houston Astros this pretty much the best-case scenario based on my own expectation.

Robert is an elite CF. Moncada is continuing the fire that was lit during the WBC, Colas is 5 for 14 to start off his career. I like how their offensive is trending if they can get some clutch hits with RISP. They left a bunch or runners on base this series. 11-for-47 with runners in scoring position and stranded 42. That's not going to cut it however the fact that they had 47 runners In scoring position over 4 games is encouraging.

The bullpen is really missing Crochet and Hendricks and will need to step up. ReyLo has nasty stuff, he just needs to learn how to be closer until Liam can come back.

Going 2-2 at the defending World Champion (sorry Japan) Houston Astros this pretty much the best-case scenario based on my own expectation.

Robert is an elite CF. Moncada is continuing the fire that was lit during the WBC, Colas is 5 for 14 to start off his career. I like how their offensive is trending if they can get some clutch hits with RISP. They left a bunch or runners on base this series. 11-for-47 with runners in scoring position and stranded 42. That's not going to cut it however the fact that they had 47 runners In scoring position over 4 games is encouraging.

The bullpen is really missing Crochet and Hendricks and will need to step up. ReyLo has nasty stuff, he just needs to learn how to be closer until Liam can come back.
I'm cautiously optimistic with Grifol and the start, but I saw too many things that went wrong last year with poor hitting with RISP and bad base running against Houston. I'm excited about this offense heating up!

But just like you...i'll 2-2 to start the year @ Hou.

This organization is a mess and this team is shaping up to finish last in the division.

Fun times!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread