What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mercury & Metals Poisoning (1 Viewer)

One

Not Allowed In Mexico
Out of curiosity, have any of you had any experiences with metals and mercury poisoning?  

A few years ago my son was diagnosed with a really bad case of OCD. Kaiser would only say it's incurable. They could only offer him a kids form of Prozac and a lifetime of therapy to deal with it.  We weren't ready to go that route so instead we went on a tour of alternative doctors with little success until we found one that blamed my son's issues on metals and mercury in his system. His method of ridding the body of said metals was through a chelation process.  

Long story short,  within 6 months his condition was completely gone and hasn't come back at all for almost 2 years and counting. My wife and I are still shocked and excited that it worked, but I'm wondering why this type of poisoning isn't discussed more? I have never heard of anyone being tested for metals.  

Have any of you had any experience with this?

Did you figure out the source of the metal poisoning? 
I asked the same thing and the doc said metals can enter a kid’s body a number of ways. They can be passed on in-utero from mother to child and also through epidurals, vaccinations, seafood, heavy use of aluminum and a number of other environmental ways.  We pretty much did all of the above so it’s unlikely we’ll ever know which the real cause was.  

The doctor also said his condition will not return unless his system is re-exposed to  metals so that’s nice, but it keeps us being really careful from here out. 

Users who are viewing this thread