What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official Ted Cruz Thread***** (1 Viewer)

I understand what you are saying, but I disagree.  He is a duly elected representative from the state of TX.  I respect his choices to act according to how his constituents want him to act.  If they don't care he flies to Cancun, they why should I care?

With regard to his voting, again - he represents his constituents.  Someone has to represent TX and they chose him.  I feel that should be respected.

:2cents:
Yeah. Agree with all that.

What I am saying is i want him out of the process that impacts me. His shtick during The imaginary voter fraud exhibit A. 

He’s not getting removed, he’s not resigning, he’s got to get voted out. This is type of issue is what resonates with people. If people want to argue about this being important or whatever have at it separate conversation, but this is what gets another Republican to take him out next time he’s up. 

That works for me.

I just can’t understand how he (or his team) thought it would be a good idea to double down and lie about why he was going.   How dumb are these people?  The lie isn’t even remotely believable.  
The idea he thought this wouldn't be a problem shows he doesn't give a ####. I'm sure in his past there are a ton of quotes of him blasting people for doing similar things. Guy is everything people despise about politicians.

Trump at least threw paper towels at Puerto Ricans.

You'd think that a guy who wants to be POTUS one day would realize that being on the ground; being with people who just suffered a horrible disaster....even if its to glad hand and hand out blankets is a better optic than fleeing to go sun yourself on a beach away from the problem. 
They dont want to put in the time.  They want it to be handed to them, or negotiated.  Its like all a deal that needs to be made.

Sad

Yeah. Agree with all that.

What I am saying is i want him out of the process that impacts me. His shtick during The imaginary voter fraud exhibit A. 

He’s not getting removed, he’s not resigning, he’s got to get voted out. This is type of issue is what resonates with people. If people want to argue about this being important or whatever have at it separate conversation, but this is what gets another Republican to take him out next time he’s up. 

That works for me.
I understand we dont want things we dont like.  I dont agree with Ted Cruz at all.  However, TX elected him ... thats a big deal.  I wouldnt want my senator to say "I refused to work with #TedFled".  I would want them to ignore all that and get to work.

Idealist and optimist, I know

:cry:

There's a long list of things I'd criticize Ted Cruz for. Wanting to get out of Texas right now isn't on that list. If I were in Texas, I'd want to leave too.

Beto O'Rourke is doing great stuff to help Texans through the current situation, but I don't think it's fair to hold Cruz to that standard. We can't all be Beto O'Rourke.
Wanting to leave and actually leaving are 2 different things.

Why is it in all of these pics of him cruising through the airport he's by himself? I heard his wife is a real looker.

What a cluster.  

He's made a giant mess of this by lying and getting caught.  I think most people would get over it if he said "my wife and kids are cold.  We're going to go get warm and continue to fight for the people of Texas from afar."

Now he's lied.  He's been caught lying.  He changed his travel plans to save face.  Seemed like a small deal that is now a way bigger deal than it had to be.  

What a cluster.  

He's made a giant mess of this by lying and getting caught.  I think most people would get over it if he said "my wife and kids are cold.  We're going to go get warm and continue to fight for the people of Texas from afar."

Now he's lied.  He's been caught lying.  He changed his travel plans to save face.  Seemed like a small deal that is now a way bigger deal than it had to be.  
It’s always the attempt at a cover-up that’s worse than the act.

What a cluster.  

Weasels gonna weasel

I find Ted Cruz to be about as reprehensible as a politician can be.  That said, when I was without power for close to a week last year, it literally never crossed my mind to wonder where my Senators were or what they were doing.
Maybe you ought to pay more attention to the new version of Ted Cruz - Senator Tom Cotton. Not quite as bright, somewhat less likeable.

Yup. He already gave up on that lie.

He half-heartedly tried to say he came back because he didn’t want this story to take away from the real story of Texans suffering but even he couldn’t make it through that and aborted like 3/4 of the way through. 
I saw that Hannity was still trying to tell his viewers that Cruz was just planning a quick roundtrip to drop off his family, even as Cruz was admitting to the lie. Gotta get your stories straight guys! That's a total Brocode violation right there.

I saw that Hannity was still trying to tell his viewers that Cruz was just planning a quick roundtrip to drop off his family, even as Cruz was admitting to the lie. Gotta get your stories straight guys! That's a total Brocode violation right there.
Ted changed this story so fast that it was hard to keep up. 

Liar politician 101 - just stick with the lie no matter how absurd. People in your corner will argue it for you, say what about this person, where was the outrage, yada yada

For a guy who's been objectively successful as a politician, it seems like Cruz is disliked by pretty much literally everybody who's ever met him.  That's honestly kind of amazing.

VIDEO: Kimmel vs Cruz - Blobfish Basketball Classic •Jun 18, 2018

Jimmy went to Houston to play a game of one-on-one basketball against Texas Senator Ted Cruz in what we called the “Blobfish Basketball Classic.” The reason this happened is because after Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals, Jimmy showed a picture of Senator Cruz at the Houston Rockets game and he likened him to a blobfish. Cruz did not like that so he challenged Jimmy to a game of one-on-one for charity. It’s been a dream of Jimmy’s ever since he was a little boy to one day play basketball against the most disliked member of the U.S. Senate and that dream finally came true. So, here it is, Jimmy’s on-court interview with Ted Cruz. We have already raised more than $80,000 for Texas Children’s Hospital and Generation One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKWLeJcPRSQ

Direct Headline: Jimmy Kimmel Apologizes After Using N-Word And Doing Blackface Skit In The 90s

The comedian said he's “evolved and matured over the last twenty-plus years, and I hope that is evident to anyone who watches my show."

By Kimberly Wilson · June 23, 2020

https://www.essence.com/celebrity/jimmy-kimmel-apologizes-n-word/

Well, to start the list of people who despise Ted Cruz, we can start with Jimmy Kimmel, who pulls no punches insulting him. And in the first video, did it in front of Cruz's wife and kids, while raising money for charity.

Do you see Cruz going on the counter attack?  Whatever people think of Cruz, he's a lethal political operator, a generational level legal mind and a skilled debater. But he showed restraint.

Kimmel applies the standard Marxist playbook - Accuse others of what you do yourself (i.e. be a complete and total **** for fame and money), then feign total outrage.

I'd like to think the parents of those kids in Texas Children's Hospital like Cruz plenty.

More relevant to his position, I see that Cruz is in favor of federal disaster funding for the current Texas situation.  He was also for federal disaster funding regarding hurricane Harvey.  I wonder if he is always in favor of federal disaster funding for natural disasters?

I'd like to think the parents of those kids in Texas Children's Hospital like Cruz plenty.
As the parent of a Texas Children’s Hospital patient, I’d kindly ask that you not invoke our name to make a political point. 

And for what it’s worth, Texas Children’s Hospital was Jimmy’s chosen charity. Still good that they raised money and Ted matched Jimmy’s donation to each charity. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread